HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:32 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Hey guys is there a way to display the OSD information without having a camera plugged in or powered up?
I'm using my gopro as an FPV camera on my quad copter(i know its not ideal but weight is a factor) and just in case the gopro battery goes dead i would like to still see all my display info.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:36 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
That is the main reason I don't use GoPro for main flight camera, other than the poor video feed on the GoPro 1.

If you loose video, then you loose display.

OSD is not a signal generator, the camera generates the signal, and the OSD merely overlays it's information on the pregenerated signal.

Have you seen this?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763092

Official release notes are not out yet, but keep an eye on it. You'll be impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Hey guys is there a way to display the OSD information without having a camera plugged in or powered up?
I'm using my gopro as an FPV camera on my quad copter(i know its not ideal but weight is a factor) and just in case the gopro battery goes dead i would like to still see all my display info.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:41 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Thanks m_beeson...... its what i suspected but hoping wasn't true

Thanks for the link..... so am i correct in the understanding that eagletree OSD pro support for quad copters is just a firmware upgrade away? ...... in the near future that is.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:00 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
No, it's a new product

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Thanks m_beeson...... its what i suspected but hoping wasn't true

Thanks for the link..... so am i correct in the understanding that eagletree OSD pro support for quad copters is just a firmware upgrade away? ...... in the near future that is.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
question:

have a readymaderc easystar with ET OSDpro, guardian expander, eloggerv3, gps, 900mhz transmitter and Scherrer LRS on a futaba 10CHP with EE base-station.

I've been configuring the RTH function. When doing flight simulator, the EE tracks fine and flight sim works, but I can't get rth to engage when i go back into menu to select. I won't select. so then i put it on a 3 way switch such that "up" was RTH test, but it keeps on telling me to release sticks to engage RTH when i'm not moving any sticks? Any thoughts?

when i turn off the radio, it triggers RTH and it comes back in the simulator as expected. can't figure it out.

thanks.
jimbo24 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo24
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:35 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Re-run Servo analysis wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo24 View Post
question:

have a readymaderc easystar with ET OSDpro, guardian expander, eloggerv3, gps, 900mhz transmitter and Scherrer LRS on a futaba 10CHP with EE base-station.

I've been configuring the RTH function. When doing flight simulator, the EE tracks fine and flight sim works, but I can't get rth to engage when i go back into menu to select. I won't select. so then i put it on a 3 way switch such that "up" was RTH test, but it keeps on telling me to release sticks to engage RTH when i'm not moving any sticks? Any thoughts?

when i turn off the radio, it triggers RTH and it comes back in the simulator as expected. can't figure it out.

thanks.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:52 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
good thought. i'll give it a try.

how are people setting a switch for RTH AND having a switch to control gain for guardian expander? I have a futaba 10c with Scherrer LRS.

i'm thinking that i should use the carlyle method (with a switch for throttle mixed into itself) and then use the 3pos switch for moving through the menu and selecting (option B?) and then free up aux 2 and move it to a knob?

I'll be upset when i figure all this out and then my model winds up in a tree anyway

thanks for the input.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:18 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
good thought. i'll give it a try.

how are people setting a switch for RTH AND having a switch to control gain for guardian expander? I have a futaba 10c with Scherrer LRS.

i'm thinking that i should use the carlyle method (with a switch for throttle mixed into itself) and then use the 3pos switch for moving through the menu and selecting (option B?) and then free up aux 2 and move it to a knob?

I'll be upset when i figure all this out and then my model winds up in a tree anyway

thanks for the input.
Go Here.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9500

This will explain how I did my 10cap with the Carlyle method on a switch
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Dec 03, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:20 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
awesome. i'll give it a shot.

if you have a guardian expander, what do you do for separate gain if anything?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
awesome. I'll give it a shot.
If you have a guardian expander, what do you do for separate gain if anything?
Read up in OSD manual page 12, You want Option "B"  3 Position switch.

You'll need to choose the 3 Position switch from the
"Choose Menu Receiver Inputs" from the "Radio Control Configuration Menu" when setting up your OSD. (See page 22 of the OSD manual)

Name: Go Main Menu_Choose AUX-CH.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 149.8 KB
Description:
Go to the main menu in your 10C. Go into the AUX-CH

Name: 3 Pos Switch_Aux1_CH5_SwC.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 138.7 KB
Description:
AUX1 is plugged into CH5 of Rx.. CH5 is on SwC.. SwC toggles through and selects the OSD menu items.
(SwC has the white shrink wrap on it)

Aux2 is plugged into CH6 of Rx. CH6 is on VrE. VrE adjusts Guardian gain

CH7 - Not Used
CH8 - Not Used

Name: Guardian on_ Aux2_CH6_Switch VrE.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 137.8 KB
Description:

Pencil is pointing to the Variable switch "E" this adjusts the gain on my Guardian..

Notice the white shrink wrap on switch "C". This is the 3 Position switch which toggles the OSD menu..

If you are going to use extra channels for Pan and/or Tilt then the AUX channels may change.. You may end up using channels 7 & 8..
MY OSD camera is stationary.. I'm not using Pan or Tilt.. Therefore channels 5 & 6 is all that I need..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Dec 04, 2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:42 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
mykro. thanks so much for the info. i tried your link above to the carlyle method using switch, but it didnt' work. did you make a thro-thro mix for that switch? or just register failsafe with the switch in one particular direction and throttle down. i'm thinking i need to program a mix.
thx.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:45 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
mykro. thanks so much for the info. i tried your link above to the carlyle method using switch, but it didnt' work. did you make a thro-thro mix for that switch? or just register failsafe with the switch in one particular direction and throttle down. i'm thinking i need to program a mix.
thx.
Go to Page # 634, post # 9500
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Mykro; Dec 03, 2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
ok. did the thro-thro mix and ur info above and it works on the sim. i guess we'll see if it works in real life. Thanks for taking the time to help. really appreciate it.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:09 PM
ann arbor, mi
Joined Nov 2009
23 Posts
i used offset OFST-->THRO. instead of dialing the rates. no big deal rigth?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
i used offset OFST-->THRO. instead of dialing the rates. no big deal rigth?
If it works.. go for it..

My current setup works flawlessly so far.. I've been really happy with it's performance..
RCG Plus Member