Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi,

if the plane is turning with a poor rate increase the "max stab. roll RTH" first, than adjust with "turn proportional gain".

especially the tuning of rth and tests are well described in the manual. print out this section and do your tests and settings point per point like in those "checklist".

cheers Thomas
When is moving vertical to the home position it's turning with a very good rate. The problem is when it is flying away from home position. It doesn't turn at all.
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstmark View Post
When is moving vertical to the home position it's turning with a very good rate. The problem is when it is flying away from home position. It doesn't turn at all.
hi,
sorry, but ive never watched such a behavior
turning when facing home is o.k ... passing ... and fly away?
sounds like a gps fix not on the place where your home should be. was the circle on the radar screen on the right position at this time? did the triangle touch the circle an then drive away?
pls. "reset home" before your next flight and test again and do a ground video if possible.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
hi,
sorry, but ive never watched such a behavior
turning when facing home is o.k ... passing ... and fly away?
sounds like a gps fix not on the place where your home should be. was the circle on the radar screen on the right position at this time? did the triangle touch the circle an then drive away?
pls. "reset home" before your next flight and test again and do a ground video if possible.

cheers Thomas
Not turning at all when it was flying 180deg from home but it was turning and flew into circle when I was engaged RTH and it was flying 90deg from home. I'll shot a video on Saturday. Home position was ok in radar
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks again to those that helped me out recently and in the past with my ET system.
I hope to test fly my new plane with my ET system this weekend.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:47 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
837 Posts
Quote:
hi,
yes, there is a way ... ive got the idea flying a speed model with only one aileron.
ive done this on my skywalker and it works, but i dont know your condor. you have to test ....

program the plane and do all the mixing you want in your tx.
connect only one aileron servo to the osd. during the "servo analysis wizzard" make sure that the osd gets only the commands for plain aileron movements.

your flights will be "normal", because all (mixed) signals for aileron will be passed through the osd to the connected servo.
for stabilsation and rth only the connected servo is driven from the osd, but for most planes the movements of one aileron are enough for those small corrections needed for stabilisation and large curves during rth.
depending on the airfoil you may get different reactions to "left" and "right" aileron, but this doesnt matter ... during rth the main goal is to bring the bird home

cheers Thomas
thanks i will give that a try. I could just use rudder as part of the RTH instead of ailerons? would that also work?
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:28 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
thanks i will give that a try. I could just use rudder as part of the RTH instead of ailerons? would that also work?
hi,
rudder for rth works also, ive done this with my skywalker before the guardian came out.
but you have the guardian installed ... if you connect rudder you will loose the perfect stabilisation using the ailerons. in other words ... every stabilising on the x-axis will cause a rudder deflection, due the rudder deflection the plane will slightly roll around the x-axis but it will fly a curve too.

cheers Thomas
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
After rth is engauged and plane is at home sight is it suppose to fly in a circle or a figure 8.Mine is trying to fly in figure 8. I have seen videos of planes flying in a circle at home position,unsure what ET is suppose to do. At least i have got it to limp back home so far, that's a start. I need to make some more adjustments, climb rate is not enough. While trying to fly figure 8 it is loosing altitude with every pass.
Thanks
Michael
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:43 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
After rth is engauged and plane is at home sight is it suppose to fly in a circle or a figure 8.Mine is trying to fly in figure 8. I have seen videos of planes flying in a circle at home position,unsure what ET is suppose to do. At least i have got it to limp back home so far, that's a start. I need to make some more adjustments, climb rate is not enough. While trying to fly figure 8 it is loosing altitude with every pass.
Thanks
Michael
hi Michael,

rth will never circle around home. the pattern depends on the wind and some more influences. the plane will pass home and fly a little bit away ... then it turns to aim back. those turns seems that the plane takes the shortest path.
on calm days you see "8" on google earth, on windy days you will see "easter eggs"

for your issue loosing too much height in turns.
a) your turns are too small for your airframe ... reduce "max stab roll RTH"
b) help your plane and add some more throttle for cruise and climb and/or shift the motor angle to have a little climbout with cruise throttle. its not possible to say which action is needed without watching the plane, so you have to do some tests.

ive played around with the b) solution. now my plane does a climbout even when i switch to rth shortly after the start, but does not purpoise doing rth on a straight line towards home.

cheers Thomas
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Thanks Thomas for your help, I'II give it a try.
Best
Michael
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
767 Posts
Been working on this osd all week when i get some time at night,i set it up so i can get a visual of whats going on,lot better and easier to understand,and i have to say with it like this its kinda like the bulb came on.LOL everything seems to be working,i run it in the sim with rth and all looks good so far the servos are getting there input from the osd and moving in the right direction.i setup the guardian ,which i think is so cool,when i move the blue pad with the servos and guardian attached i can see the aileron and elevator ,self correcting,i setup a knob to tun the gain up and down and works great,if i grab the pad my AHI will move accordingly.and all the servo are trying to correct for level flight if i turn the knob down it goes back to my control.that is so cool LOL.overall everything is coming along ,but i still have a lot to read and figure and play around with,but one thing i have a question on,in the simulator if i use the slowstick or the easystar all is good the chevron think thats what its called reacts to all the in puts correctly,but when i select the funjet it wont turn with the ailerons but will go up and down with the elevator,but its also turning with the elevator,its doing both with the elevator controls.weird,other than that all is well just have to stay on it and keep working with it and learning the software

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
RE simulator:

funjet still doesn't work.

I use easystar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy3440 View Post
Been working on this osd all week when i get some time at night,i set it up so i can get a visual of whats going on,lot better and easier to understand,and i have to say with it like this its kinda like the bulb came on.LOL everything seems to be working,i run it in the sim with rth and all looks good so far the servos are getting there input from the osd and moving in the right direction.i setup the guardian ,which i think is so cool,when i move the blue pad with the servos and guardian attached i can see the aileron and elevator ,self correcting,i setup a knob to tun the gain up and down and works great,if i grab the pad my AHI will move accordingly.and all the servo are trying to correct for level flight if i turn the knob down it goes back to my control.that is so cool LOL.overall everything is coming along ,but i still have a lot to read and figure and play around with,but one thing i have a question on,in the simulator if i use the slowstick or the easystar all is good the chevron think thats what its called reacts to all the in puts correctly,but when i select the funjet it wont turn with the ailerons but will go up and down with the elevator,but its also turning with the elevator,its doing both with the elevator controls.weird,other than that all is well just have to stay on it and keep working with it and learning the software

Thanks Ron
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Funjet may be set up to do the elevon mixing simulation??
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
767 Posts
Hey Beeson

---------- RE simulator:

funjet still doesn't work.

I use easystar.------------

Thank now it makes sense,spent ton of wasted time checking parameters in guardian and going threw most of the others in setup,my fingers got sore from running 3 pos switch LOL ,i no i can do it in software but want to be proficient at the field with the controller.
thanks

Almost forgot,thanks for making the vids they were a big help,felt like i was in school again,doing hands on than the training vids
thanks again beeson they helped a ton

----------------
Funjet may be set up to do the elevon mixing simulation??--------

Tried that still no joy

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:15 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Funjet has issues with turning.

Easystar will still work if you are set up on elevon. I use it all of the time.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1104 View Post
Funjet may be set up to do the elevon mixing simulation??
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:16 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Thank you Ron,

I'm glad the videos helped...

-Mike