SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Try powering up your video transmitter and camera BEFORE powering up your OSD. May work.
Hey Balsabuster

Thanks for the reply,but i did not have a cam or tx hooked to it at all.i just used the logger,osd and the gps,with it plugged into the computer by usb.trying to keep it simple and get a feel for the software,when i first got it, the gps worked in this config ok,it would give me a fix in the win software,i also had it hooked up with everything,cam,tx,motor,esc,rx,servos all on my table to test it on the vid display and it worked,but now i try to set it up in a basic config and i am getting 2 or 3 blinks then nothing,i have not set up a monitor to look at it just using the pc,do you think i need a cam and tx to get the gps to work,am i missing something
Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2010
96 Posts
im going over my setup again, and not so sure which option should i choose for the failsafe type

there are 3 types in the manual
- Setting up RTH with “PPM” Receivers that Don’t Control the Servos When Radio Reception is Lost
If your receiver stops controlling the servos if you turn off your radio (the servos no longer are held in one position, and/or start moving randomly),

- Setting up RTH with Models with Receivers that maintain the last Servo Position, but Don’t Support Programmable Failsafes
For receivers which do maintain the last position of the servos when signal is lost, but with no failsafe positions programmed,

- Setting up RTH with Models that have more than Three Flight Controls, and the Receiver does not support Failsafes
If your receiver does not support failsafes, and your model has four or more flight controls (

i would say its the first one but the servos actually go to the middle position and stay there so its not exactly the same. which one did you choose?

Thanks
Guy
guy252 is offline Find More Posts by guy252
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Thanks Mike. Will I loose my ET pan & tilt settings if I start over? Just was hoping I could keep my screen settings, pan & tilt, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
Anyone have any ideas?
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:08 PM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Eagle Tree Set Up Question

I have not been able to get my eagle tree osd to transmit video. I have their OSD Pro, elogger, stabilization, GPS, OSD 480 camera, 450mW tx and the fat shark 2.4 goggles.

I check to ensure the caera and tx are working correctly. I re-hooked them up to my V1 RVOSD and they all worked great. I have re-read the instruction manual over and over and I have the correct plug in av out and in with the negative wires facing each other as per the manual. When I plug in the 3s battery into the elogger a red LED light flashes on the side of the elogger and the green LED on the GPS so I know it is getting power. Not sure what to do.

Is there a video where they walk you through the set up?
velyter is offline Find More Posts by velyter
Last edited by velyter; Oct 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Sep 2007
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velyter View Post
I have not been able to get my eagle tree osd to transmit video. I have their OSD Pro, elogger, stabilization, GPS, OSD 480 camera, 450mW tx and the fat shark 2.4 goggles.

I check to ensure the caera and tx are working correctly. I re-hooked them up to my V1 RVOSD and they all worked great. I have re-read the instruction manual over and over and I have the correct plug in av out and in with the negative wires facing each other as per the manual. When I plug in the 3s battery into the elogger a red LED light flashes on the side of the elogger and the green LED on the GPS so I know it is getting power. Not sure what to do.

It looks like you still need to power your video tx and camera with something. The Eagletree doesn't give power to the video in/out ports as far as I know
chasdabigone is offline Find More Posts by chasdabigone
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:43 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
You've got your GPS, and your OSD swapped.

-Mike

Quote:

m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You've got your GPS, and your OSD swapped.

-Mike
tHANKS
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:33 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasdabigone View Post
It looks like you still need to power your video tx and camera with something. The Eagletree doesn't give power to the video in/out ports as far as I know
Ok, thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
Aviator
Bellevue, WA
Joined Dec 2007
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasdabigone View Post
Ok, I hook up a 3s battery to the OSD on a Y harness and all I get is a blue screen. The red LED on my TX is on and my camera is hooked up.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Will PPM work with Eagletree?

I purchased a Futaba 9C and reciever from eBay. Built a Penguin and am just now setting it up in the Data Logger software. Just realized my RX is NOT PCM. So since it has no fails safe, I guess it can't return home on it's own or by the pilot invoking anything. Is this correct? I see in the radio setup a setting for PPM NO FS. So if I select that, there is no way to have RTH? I don't see a way in the manual. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,303 Posts
Quote:
I purchased a Futaba 9C and reciever from eBay. Built a Penguin and am just now setting it up in the Data Logger software. Just realized my RX is NOT PCM. So since it has no fails safe, I guess it can't return home on it's own or by the pilot invoking anything. Is this correct? I see in the radio setup a setting for PPM NO FS. So if I select that, there is no way to have RTH? I don't see a way in the manual. Am I missing something?
Hi,
you´re missing something i´ve copied the parts of the manual which are useful for you (PPM and no servo-hold).

How the OSD Pro Determines when Safety Mode should be Invoked
The OSD Pro constantly monitors your receiver to determine if the selected Safety Mode should be invoked. The things that trigger Safety Mode vary
between receiver types.
For receivers which do not hold the servos at the last position or failsafe position when signal is lost (the servos either go limp or move randomly when the
Transmitter is turned off), the OSD Pro looks for bad pulses (pulses of the wrong duration), or the absence of pulses. If enough bad or missing pulses are
evident in a short period, Safety Mode is invoked, until the error rate decreases to a good level.

Setting up RTH with “PPM” Receivers that Don’t Control the Servos When Radio Reception is Lost
If your receiver stops controlling the servos if you turn off your radio (the servos no longer are held in one position, and/or start moving randomly), you will
need to configure RTH as follows:
a) Set the “Choose Model Control Type” to either “Standard” or “Elevon” in the Configure Radio Control menu.
b) Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PPM/ No FS” in the same menu. Note: Since “PCM” receivers should never have bad or missing pulses, RTH will
never activate if “PPM/ No FS” mode is selected with a PCM receiver!
c) Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “No FS Chs” in the same menu
d) Set the “Select Desired Safety Mode” menu item in the Safety Mode menu to “Rtrn Home”
e) Read the additional information below, and then follow the remaining steps in the “RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures” section below
When set up in this mode, the OSD Pro looks for bad pulses (pulses of the wrong duration), or the absence of pulses. If enough bad or missing pulses are
evident in a short period, Safety Mode is invoked, until the error rate decreases to a good level.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Thanks, I am on the way to a friends house who says they have a PCM receiver.

I did see that in the book. But when I turned off my radio, the system never detected any thing wrong and did not go into failsafe mode. Also, in the PPM mode I don't think there is a way to run your throttle trim below a specified value to invoke return to home if you had a video issue for example.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,303 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I am on the way to a friends house who says they have a PCM receiver.

I did see that in the book. But when I turned off my radio, the system never detected any thing wrong and did not go into failsafe mode. Also, in the PPM mode I don't think there is a way to run your throttle trim below a specified value to invoke return to home if you had a video issue for example.
hi,
you can prove what your receiver is doing without a tx signal.
you have a ppm/no hold if you can move the servoarms
you have a ppm/hold if you can´t move the arms ... then you should choose this method in the osd

Setting up RTH with Models with Receivers that maintain the last Servo Position, but Don’t Support Programmable Failsafes
For receivers which do maintain the last position of the servos when signal is lost, but with no failsafe positions programmed, Safety Mode is activated when
no servos move for a few seconds. This setup is not ideal, since Safety Mode will turn on if you don’t move your transmitter sticks for a few seconds,
even if your radio link is good!
For this type of radio, you would choose the following settings:

a) Set the “Choose Model Control Type” to either “Standard” or “Elevon” in the Configure Radio Control menu.
b) Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PCM/FS” in the same menu.
c) Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “No FS Chs” in the same menu
d) Set the “Select Desired Safety Mode” menu item in the Safety Mode menu to “Rtrn Home”
e) Read the additional information below, and then follow the remaining steps in the “RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures” section below
Setting up RTH with Models that have more than Three Flight Controls, and the Receiver does not support Failsafes
If your receiver does not support failsafes, and your model has four or more flight controls (for example, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Throttle), additional
steps may be needed to use the the Safety Mode features. Since the OSD Pro will take control of only three of the control surfaces, the fourth control will
be left connected directly to your receiver. If the receiver loses signal, and does not support failsafe, the fourth control could move randomly or remain in its
last position. For example, if your plane has rudder, aileron, elevator and throttle, and you connect rudder, elevator and throttle to the OSD Pro, the aileron
channel, which is connected directly to the receiver, could move randomly if the receiver loses signal and doesn’t support failsafe. A possible solution to
this problem is to purchase a “servo fail safe unit” which is connected between the fourth receiver channel, and the fourth servo, which will provide failsafe
operation if the receiver loses signal. Or, consider upgrading to a failsafe capable radio.

without a throttle channel failsafe you can´t use the clarlyle method to switch rth, but you can always use the 3-pos. switch to access rth without a rc-failure.

cheers Thomas

ps. in my opinion you should invest in a failsafe receiver
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Your GPS is pluggen in to the osd port on the e-logger

and your osd is plugged in to the GPS port on the e-logger.

You need to swap them.

consider the mini usb port the top.

The GPS pluggs in to the top

Quote:
Ok, I hook up a 3s battery to the OSD on a Y harness and all I get is a blue screen. The red LED on my TX is on and my camera is hooked up.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
this is your configuration

and this is how it is supposed to be