Steve S.
stevo6739615 is offline Find More Posts by stevo6739615
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
The menu options may be a bit different between the 10 and 12 channel radios.

In the failsafe menu, it gives me a couple of options, of which I can't think of right now. but one of those options is "hold", another I think is failsafe, and then when I choose failsafe, I can set the individual faisafe for that channel, by pressing and holding the button until the % value is saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6739615 View Post
How do you set switches to hold?

Steve S.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:32 PM
yakum smakum
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Jan 2012
48 Posts
Ok, I understand, so just like with my camera pan/tilt servos I will set them with the failsafe so they go to the position I desire.

Thanks Mike sooo much for all your help tonight. I am going to go and start programming settings on my OSD software now. Talk to you soon. Or I will look for you when I need help. Good luck with all your flights.

Steve S.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Anyone have any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
Hopefully Mike or someone can answer some questions for me.
It is time to swap it over to a better FPV plane (I got the Penguin FPV plane).

Do I need to basically start over or can I somehow change the model name in the elogger and run servo wizzard again? Will that work? I don't want to start over really. I can't remember how I did everything plus my eagle eyes settings all work find as far as pan and tilt settings for the servos. How do you recommend I move the system to a new plane? I will want return to home to work as well. Going from a 2.4 radio back to a 72 radio. Not sure that matters as far as any setup.

Thanks in advance.

Tony
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
I would start over. A new airframe will have new settings.

It will make more sense after you go through it the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:20 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
ET Osd / DragonLink / Naza FC

Is it possible to connect a Naza FC to the ET OSD and DragonLink receiver using one wire between each device using PPM?

The DragonLink outputs PPM on the channel 12 pins, and the Naza supports PPM via the X2 port.

The ET OSD supports PPM input via the aileron in port.

I'm wanting to be able to access the osd menus via a three position switch.

Thanks,
Joe
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:43 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
You don't want your flight controls to pass through OSD Pro, as it doesn't support multirotors.

besides, NAZA already has a RTH...

You would want to just hook up the aux channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
Is it possible to connect a Naza FC to the ET OSD and DragonLink receiver using one wire between each device using PPM?

The DragonLink outputs PPM on the channel 12 pins, and the Naza supports PPM via the X2 port.

The ET OSD supports PPM input via the aileron in port.

I'm wanting to be able to access the osd menus via a three position switch.

Thanks,
Joe
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Mike,
Do I need the altitude micro sensor from ET in order to view the altitude ladder? Or can this be configured like the speed ladder, one on either side of the display screen.. I can't find where this option is selected in the "choose items to be displayed on OSD" section of the windows software.

Thanks,
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
whosthebaddest,

I usually display my servo deflections throughout the calibration phase, and then I can use the actual value that works best (for cruise, and climb).

If you record it in your ground station, then you can go back and take a couple of notes.

Then you move the stick for that numeric value in the servo analysis wizzard.

-Mike
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Last edited by BriGuy82; Oct 06, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:19 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You don't want your flight controls to pass through OSD Pro, as it doesn't support multirotors.

besides, NAZA already has a RTH...

You would want to just hook up the aux channels.
Thank you for responding.I understand it doesn't support multirotors and I use the naza for rth. I'm really not looking for anything other than using PPM to reduce the number of wires.

I can connect the receiver to the to the naza with just one wire with ppm. I would like to insert the osd in between the two of them as a pass through with nothing more than support for the switch for osd menu control.

Make sense?
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:46 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
Thank you for responding.I understand it doesn't support multirotors and I use the naza for rth. I'm really not looking for anything other than using PPM to reduce the number of wires.

I can connect the receiver to the to the naza with just one wire with ppm. I would like to insert the osd in between the two of them as a pass through with nothing more than support for the switch for osd menu control.

Make sense?
I wish Bill would get his X copter FC out to the market. I'd really like to use a reliable FC like the Naza, in conjunction with the OSD Pro.

One thing that Bill could do, if he was so inclined, it to write code to support the naza FC. and just use the OSD RTH.

In this case you would ignore the Naza failsafe, and set the OSD RTH failsafe.

The question is, would people buy a NAZA, and an osd pro?

Maybe if the gps could interface with both NAZA and OSD Pro.

But to answer your question, I don't think you will get a desired effect. but you can try it.

keep us posted...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Bri,

I can't remember right now.

I think you can display GPS altitude on the ladder, but I'd have to look into it.

Maybe someone else can answer that for you.
I know that someone else has that answer fresh in their mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Mike,
Do I need the altitude micro sensor from ET in order to view the altitude ladder? Or can this be configured like the speed ladder, one on either side of the display screen.. I can't find where this option is selected in the "choose items to be displayed on OSD" section of the windows software.

Thanks,
Brian
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:58 PM
yakum smakum
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Jan 2012
48 Posts
Hey Brian,

Yes you can view GPS altitude in a ladder configuration. If it does not come on by selecting GPS altitude on the main software OSD configuration screen, you can go to the sensors and units menu and verfiy that it is set to use a GPS altitude ladder. Hope this helps.

Steve S. Naples Fl
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:58 AM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6739615 View Post
Hey Brian,

Yes you can view GPS altitude in a ladder configuration. If it does not come on by selecting GPS altitude on the main software OSD configuration screen, you can go to the sensors and units menu and verfiy that it is set to use a GPS altitude ladder. Hope this helps.

Steve S. Naples Fl
Very cool! Thanks both of you. Just installed my pan/tilt mount custom made by irun4fundotca... Lookin good, now just need to finish unpacking and set up a real work table where I can focus! Thanks for the help!

Brian
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:41 PM
Keep Flying
Swedesboro NJ
Joined May 2008
752 Posts
I have a gps question,when i bought this a few months back,i set everything up and all seemed like it was working,i had it all laid out on a table just for testing,now i pulled it out and am trying it out again i hooked it all up and the gps blinks red a couple times and goes out,i remember before it would blink for a couple min then get a fix and go out,and would display lat and long in the windows software,now i get nothing,i have it hooked as before,is it possible that it just went bad sitting for months,i had the 10.04 software when it was all working so i updated to the 10.43 thinking it would help,and did all the FW updates in the new software,but nothing,blinks red a few times then nothing,and no fix in the win software

Thanks Ron
snoopy3440 is offline Find More Posts by snoopy3440
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Try powering up your video transmitter and camera BEFORE powering up your OSD. May work.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004