HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:33 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Yes that is normal.

three position switch navigates your menu in one position.

then it engages RTH in the opposite position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Ok so which Aux is for RTH feature? From what it's doing now, my 3 pos switch navigates my menu and the two pos switch works as a enter or select button? Is this normal operation?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
And to confirm then, the two position is used as an enter or select button? What then is used to engage RTH? You mention low or no throttle input, but is the two position switch used as RTH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Yes that is normal.

three position switch navigates your menu in one position.

then it engages RTH in the opposite position.
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
I need to see your config file.

How does it fly normally

Is it stable, or is it twitchy, like the CG is off.

Does it normally tip stall, or is it pretty stable in turns with power off.
In turns with power off looses altitude rather quick but turns are stable. With power turns are ok but require a little up elevator to maintain altitude. Turns best with rudder alerion mix. Plane flyes ok at cruse speed. I think CG is ok.
Will have to figure out how to get and post config file.
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
And to confirm then, the two position is used as an enter or select button? What then is used to engage RTH? You mention low or no throttle input, but is the two position switch used as RTH?
Briguy82
This should make it easier to explain

Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
In turns with power off looses altitude rather quick but turns are stable. With power turns are ok but require a little up elevator to maintain altitude. Turns best with rudder alerion mix. Plane flyes ok at cruse speed. I think CG is ok.
Will have to figure out how to get and post config file.
If you plug in the OSD, and open the firmware, then you can save the config file.

Pay attention to the place that you save it, and you can find it. It is a .txt file.

Then you can start a post, and hit the paperclip selection above the reply window.

that allows you to upload a file.

You can hit preview, and see if it was successful.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Briguy82
This should make it easier to explain

Very cool! Thank you! Ok so I'm following your install videos.. I went into the Safety Configuration Menu and started editing my rth altitudes. As soon as I set my altitudes my osd updated with this new information.

I no longer have control on my ailerons.. I have motor, elev and rudder controls though... Any reason for this after configuring RTH safety settings?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Very cool! Thank you! Ok so I'm following your install videos.. I went into the Safety Configuration Menu and started editing my rth altitudes. As soon as I set my altitudes my osd updated with this new information.

I no longer have control on my ailerons.. I have motor, elev and rudder controls though... Any reason for this after configuring RTH safety settings?
Rerun servo analysis wizzard and when you finish "hopefully it will work fine"
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Rerun servo analysis wizzard and when you finish "hopefully it will work fine"
I did run servo analysis wizzard via my laptop.. not through on screen or goggles.. Same result.. When I go back into Edit On Screen Parameters and change some of the values on the safety's it gives me power to one aileron servo for a brief moment then nothing. Arggg!! Thank you for that video though! I understand much more clearly now.

Now to figure out why my servos arent responding. I tried plugging in a known good servo, still no response. Checked connections on the osd, everything is still nice and snug, same on the receiver.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
I did run servo analysis wizzard via my laptop.. not through on screen or goggles.. Same result.. When I go back into Edit On Screen Parameters and change some of the values on the safety's it gives me power to one aileron servo for a brief moment then nothing. Arggg!! Thank you for that video though! I understand much more clearly now.

Now to figure out why my servos arent responding. I tried plugging in a known good servo, still no response. Checked connections on the osd, everything is still nice and snug, same on the receiver.
Do it through the menu, from the monitor or goggles.

Make sure that the USB is unplugged.

If that doesn't do it, then you have opened up a brain teaser...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
ok.. ran servo analysis again.. this time I had servo control for about 10 seconds, then they froze at there current positions.. wow.. I've never seen this before! And I didnt ever see this problem until diving into RTH safety settings..
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Do it through the menu, from the monitor or goggles.

Make sure that the USB is unplugged.

If that doesn't do it, then you have opened up a brain teaser...
will do.. give me about 10.. thanks
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
Still having problems with rth. Plane did make gradual turn toward home then starts flying zig zag pattern to home then turns hard right and almost straight down. Help,will be appreciated

http://youtu.be/DaeNILszr2U
I see you have a Guardian since the AHI is present in the video. I don't see the Guardian gain displayed where it should be between the rudder abd pitch values on the servo display line. Could it be you don't have the Guardian enabled? What version of the software are you using? Here's an example from one of my flights.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Ah yes,

You have to physically enable Stabilization/mixing don't you???

It sure is acting wierd. It shouldn't spiral with guardian enabled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
I see you have a Guardian since the AHI is present in the video. I don't see the Guardian gain displayed where it should be between the rudder abd pitch values on the servo display line. Could it be you don't have the Guardian enabled? What version of the software are you using? Here's an example from one of my flights.

Steve
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
My camera kind of sucks, but here is my last mountain flight that I took.
(waiting for a replacement camera to arrive)

This was just a couple of days ago

F-wing mountain fpv (6 min 44 sec)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
SemperFi!
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Servos are still stuck after I edited settings on safety inputs for RTH settings via laptop interface (I noticed the USB plug came off the E-Logger but I'm not sure if it happened before or after OSD setup). Like I had mentioned to m_Beeson, my aileron and elev servos are no longer responding to stick inputs from my transmitter. I ran Analysis Wizard a couple different times, each time it completed I had temporary controls but eventually froze up.

Looking for input from a vendor or someone who has experienced this problem if possible.

When I run the wizard via laptop or goggles it still does the same thing. However when I run it from the laptop I can still see the % changes when I move the sticks. So I know its getting the requests just not registering somehow.