HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:16 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmick View Post
If you have the receiver type set for 1 F/S channel the the OSD Pro will not know you wish to regain control and will continue with the RTH, controlling the throttle, ailerons and elevators until you move the throttle. If you set it for 3 F/S channels then as soon as you move either the ailerons, elevators or throttle you have control back again.
I didn't realize that, I have only used 3 failsafe channels, so I hadn't experienced the phenomenon.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:29 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Any body who is interrested

I did a build log.

"install video"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717573
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Skilled crasher
Ukraine, Kyiv city, Kiev
Joined Oct 2010
81 Posts
Total weigth is around 60-65 grams, as far as I remember.
sashaNar is offline Find More Posts by sashaNar
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Michael,

I think you are seeing it do what it is supposed to do.

When you engage RTH, the plane flys its self, but when you move the sticks, RTH is supposed to disengage.
Thanks Guys for your help.
It does disengage when i move the throttle since i have only 1 F/S channel which is throttle.
Still got a long way to go before flying out of los. I did fly a few minutes this morning to check out guardian stabilizer. Need to do something else with it to. Plane keeps going to right after installed. It was flying straight and level before i installed the guardian.

Have a great day!!
Michael
mikenc is offline Find More Posts by mikenc
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
Suomi, Espoo
Joined Sep 2011
164 Posts
RSSI onto OSDpro now possible with Multiplex gear, DIY required

Multiplex rx's don't feature any rssi signal to wire to the osd. M-link telemetry equipped receivers feature a sensor bus (MSB) and the rx writes its LQI (rf link quality indicator) value between 0 -100% several times per second onto the sensor bus. I took a small 14-pin PIC16F1823 and used its built in USART as well as DAC to read the value from the sensor bus and translate it to an analog signal corresponding to the lqi reading. The dac seems to be able to drive the temp1 input without an external buffer.

If anyone's interested, I can post the HI-tech free compiler C code for the single chip solution here ( which also simultaneously hooks up to the daisy chain with osd, guardian, etc, and emulates an ET power panel. The PIC translates the four parameters from each PowerPanel screen and sends them on the sensor bus to the rx, which sends them on through four telemetry channels to my transmitter so I can view the parameters inflight on my multiplex tx lcd even without osd and the video link. Multiplex sensors are expensive and I already have an elogger and gps from ET, so for those non-FPV flights it's convenient to get i.e. mAh, amps, altitude and temp "live" inflight, you just use the ET pc sw to specify what the PP should show, the PIC takes what's given, almost)
Jstjern is offline Find More Posts by Jstjern
Old Aug 23, 2012, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
When running servo wizard for (set throttle for motor off position) should you add in the down trim programed into tx for throttle F/S to activate? Or just set throttle in normal off position during wizard.
Michael
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:11 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
441 Posts
Can I just use the
OSD pro expander,
guardian stab expander,
10hz GPS

without
e-logger?

will this setup enable the antenna tracking?
modelerchina is online now Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina View Post
Can I just use the
OSD pro expander,
guardian stab expander,
10hz GPS

without
e-logger?

will this setup enable the antenna tracking?
No

The GPS plugs into the e-logger for starters.....
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:12 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miknce View Post
When running servo wizard for (set throttle for motor off position) should you add in the down trim programed into tx for throttle F/S to activate? Or just set throttle in normal off position during wizard.
Michael
No just motor off. You should have a F/S set when it asks you to turn off Tx, then throttle goes -10 for example, this for Carlyle method?

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
No just motor off. You should have a F/S set when it asks you to turn off Tx, then throttle goes -10 for example, this for Carlyle method?

Dion
Thanks for info I thought i had it wrong cause F/S was not activating right. Will give that a try.
Michael
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstjern View Post
Multiplex rx's don't feature any rssi signal to wire to the osd. M-link telemetry equipped receivers feature a sensor bus (MSB) and the rx writes its LQI (rf link quality indicator) value between 0 -100% several times per second onto the sensor bus. I took a small 14-pin PIC16F1823 and used its built in USART as well as DAC to read the value from the sensor bus and translate it to an analog signal corresponding to the lqi reading. The dac seems to be able to drive the temp1 input without an external buffer.

If anyone's interested, I can post the HI-tech free compiler C code for the single chip solution here ( which also simultaneously hooks up to the daisy chain with osd, guardian, etc, and emulates an ET power panel. The PIC translates the four parameters from each PowerPanel screen and sends them on the sensor bus to the rx, which sends them on through four telemetry channels to my transmitter so I can view the parameters inflight on my multiplex tx lcd even without osd and the video link. Multiplex sensors are expensive and I already have an elogger and gps from ET, so for those non-FPV flights it's convenient to get i.e. mAh, amps, altitude and temp "live" inflight, you just use the ET pc sw to specify what the PP should show, the PIC takes what's given, almost)
Woah that's impressive! great job.
Unfortunately I don't have a multiplex radio so no use for me but bravo anyway!
Did you have to reverse engineer the multiplex protocol?

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:41 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
I maidened the F Wing today.

I struggled with the decision to use / or not use stabilization on the maiden,

but I chose to use stabilization, and even though I need to do some fine tuning;

It sure made the maiden a relaxing experience.

F Wing 55in. Maiden Flight (6 min 23 sec)
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
Congratulations.

Could you tell my why there is 0 speed displayed on OSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I maidened the F Wing today.

I struggled with the decision to use / or not use stabilization on the maiden,

but I chose to use stabilization, and even though I need to do some fine tuning;

It sure made the maiden a relaxing experience.

http://youtu.be/WQI963JhRgk
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:14 AM
Suomi, Espoo
Joined Sep 2011
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersiani View Post
Woah that's impressive! great job.
Unfortunately I don't have a multiplex radio so no use for me but bravo anyway!
Did you have to reverse engineer the multiplex protocol?

Vincent
Thanks,
I was fortunate to find parts of each protocol on the web. I've documented it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1543233
Jstjern is offline Find More Posts by Jstjern
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:15 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Pavn,

The airspeed microsensor has a high pressure, and a static pressure tube.

I hooked them up backwards. It is corrected now, and seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Congratulations.

Could you tell my why there is 0 speed displayed on OSD?