Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:37 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Thanks for the info,

Yeah I got the settings, Max airspeed and minimum ground speed, they are in Safety configuration menu, they are both currently at zero/disabled.

So I guess it's minimum ground speed I set to just under my normal cruise speed?

Dion
Yes
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:10 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
597 Posts
hi billpa,

thanks for attention to my requests.

I think the overall EagleTree OSD is good and clear. But users like to configure and customize things as much as possible own way they feel which is best for them. So more customization, more variations, different layout or principle of the same instrument, different graphics, size, bold, thin. Make it the most possible to customizable. Allow simple text and or advanced graphics instruments.

Speed and heigh leader could have different sizes and styles, also compass. Sometimes too much text could be distracting also. But some like big graphics things also. So allow bold and thin fonts. Font sizes, could help too. So maximum customization could help to achive best for every one. Some users like imitation of HUD like in real airplane. Some like simplicity of text of most important information. Some like graphics.

Some like big arrow for compass, some small arrow, some 360 degrees style, some like radar style, some like simple line with degrees style, some like compass like "leader" style. Some like combination.

Some like leader style for heigh, some like text, some like something in between with possibility to see movement up or down.

I am not sure which of this ET PRO already supports. But some could be nice extension.

Please see this video a combination of what is already present in ET PRO and something from here maybe could be good, also based on other users opinions what they think, what should be improved:
DragonOSD+ Faces (3 min 40 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
pavn, thanks for your questions. What styles would you like to see? I've seen quite a few different ones out there.

CaliDave, I can't think of any reason that would not work, assuming it's just outputting an analog signal (not PWM). After you run the calibration, if you save your OSD configuration file, could you check the values for "RSSIOn" and "RSSIOff"? That will be good info.
pavn is online now Find More Posts by pavn
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:03 PM
Poland, Lubuskie, Lipinki
Joined Oct 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
pavn, thanks for your questions. What styles would you like to see? I've seen quite a few different ones out there.

CaliDave, I can't think of any reason that would not work, assuming it's just outputting an analog signal (not PWM). After you run the calibration, if you save your OSD configuration file, could you check the values for "RSSIOn" and "RSSIOff"? That will be good info.

antenna RX LRS Thomas v6 disconnected during calibration
" RSSIOn="2452
" RSSIOff="832
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
antenna RX LRS Thomas v6 connected during calibration

" RSSIOn="2936
" RSSIOff="2736
film
RSSi Problem (5 min 3 sec)
aniolg is offline Find More Posts by aniolg
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:12 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Pavn,

The font is pretty much what you see in the video below, but the osd display is fully customizable.

You can add or subtract items that you want to monitor.

You can put them on other pages and cycle through pages if you want.

You can set alarms which will make that value appear when the alarm is triggered.

You can set voice alarms.

There is already a lot that you can do, but the font and font size is fixed for now.

I think that Bill has found a good ballance. I don't think I would want it any other way.

When you start looking at the options that are available, and imagine how much time that Bill has put into writing the code for this, He has done an amazing job at making it all work. The amazing thing is that it works great.

I think there are still some changes that Bill has in mind, but when you start diving into the capabilities of the Eagle Tree OSD, you will be amazed...

FPV Over Mountains (4 min 8 sec)

You should really look at all of the products that eagle tree has available
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/

Also, here is a link to the manuals
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Support/manuals.htm

-Mike
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:55 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
HELP! OSDPro VTx-Cam-Batt Wiring

Ok even though this is the 3rd time I'm wiring a new OSDPro I can't for the life of me remember how to connect it...please look at my wiring diagram and let me know if this will work...thx :-)

Follow up question: Should I see an OSD image in the goggles even if the camera isn't connected (ie OSD text, altituded, speed, LOS with black screen)?
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:07 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
The negative connections on the OSD are the ones closest to the cirduit board. The 2 wires at "Vid Out" should swapped around.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Whoops I rushed that diagram before leaving the office LOL....the vid in and out and pos/neg pins on OSD are correct. What I need help with is the wiring. Will fix diagram when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
The negative connections on the OSD are t
he ones closest to the cirduit board. The 2 wires at "Vid Out" should swapped around.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:37 PM
Back in Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2003
966 Posts
Camera must be connected.
hornant is offline Find More Posts by hornant
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:30 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,100 Posts
Quote:
I just did a voltage check of my version 6 receiver. I'm showing a low-voltage of 2.45 and a high-voltage of 3.23. Should it still be able to calibrate within that range?
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:02 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Ok even though this is the 3rd time I'm wiring a new OSDPro I can't for the life of me remember how to connect it...please look at my wiring diagram and let me know if this will work...thx :-)

Follow up question: Should I see an OSD image in the goggles even if the camera isn't connected (ie OSD text, altituded, speed, LOS with black screen)?
That looks good to me.

as long as your video equipment is 12v, and you are running a 3S...
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:06 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Quote:

Absolutely not! The OSD overlays it's data on the video image produced by the camera, the OSD doesn't make a sync line on a video signal only the camera does
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Awesome...I'll give it a test now

Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
That looks good to me.

as long as your video equipment is 12v, and you are running a 3S...
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Thanks for the info...my camera stopped working and I wanted to continue testing my setup without a camera hoping I'd at least see OSD text...when it didn't show I wasn't sure if that was from a bad setup or no camera...now I know.

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_lazerous View Post
Absolutely not! The OSD overlays it's data on the video image produced by the camera, the OSD doesn't make a sync line on a video signal only the camera does
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:13 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info...my camera stopped working and I wanted to continue testing my setup without a camera hoping I'd at least see OSD text...when it didn't show I wasn't sure if that was from a bad setup or no camera...now I know.

Thx
If you want to test without your camera then just feed it video from another source
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:30 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
haha...it worked!!!! Thanks for the help guys

Quote: