HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:41 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Search for posts by Billpa, he is the creator and owner of Eagltree, you will see he is very willing to help

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:03 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,357 Posts
Pavn,

If you choose, DOSD, then chances are that you will tinker with it for the next year, and never get it to perform like you would like it to perform.

If you choose ET, then chances are that you will go through hell because you are not reading the manual, but after you go through that, you will have a system that works...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:51 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,368 Posts
Hello Bill,

A few of us have been having issues with the new v6 Scherrer rx giving a good RSSI signal (and yes, this is the corrected version 6 with the working IC chip) but not changing dynamically. I just found out that the new v6 rx has a different voltage signal range and wanted to confirm if the ETOSD would interpret this range change okay for calibration as it worked well with the v4 rx but now after calibration the v6 rx stays on or very near 100 RSSI but will hit failsafes not showing the dip as the old receivers with the smaller voltage range do.

Here's the old and new specs, do you expect there would be any reason after calibrating with the OSD we still aren't getting a dynamic readout from 0-100 as range changes like it did with the v4 rx?

Rssi
a V4 RX go from 0.5 to 1.0 Volt
a V6 RX go from 0.5 to 3.3 Volt

Thanks for your help!
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:24 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
I ask since many features are supported by Dragon OSD and I would like to know if there is willingness at least to support the same with ET OSD PRO.

So I can select right OSD. Which will be excellent today and will stay excellent in the future. If here is willingness to make updates upon users requests and based on what other OSDs supports.
I have had ET for two years. It is not perfect!! but would recommend ET. and have got others to buy them. If you have a request Like autopilot they maybe working on that already??? I do know over two years I have seen many up grades and the service from BillPa can not be beat!!
I have two system. And still get help now and then.
The biggest complaint I hear is the ET system does to many thing And I just Keep adding and adding more options..

But, I just keep telling my wife "but it such a great deal" DEAR:
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:45 PM
Poland, Lubuskie, Lipinki
Joined Oct 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDave View Post
Hello Bill,

A few of us have been having issues with the new v6 Scherrer rx giving a good RSSI signal (and yes, this is the corrected version 6 with the working IC chip) but not changing dynamically. I just found out that the new v6 rx has a different voltage signal range and wanted to confirm if the ETOSD would interpret this range change okay for calibration as it worked well with the v4 rx but now after calibration the v6 rx stays on or very near 100 RSSI but will hit failsafes not showing the dip as the old receivers with the smaller voltage range do.

Here's the old and new specs, do you expect there would be any reason after calibrating with the OSD we still aren't getting a dynamic readout from 0-100 as range changes like it did with the v4 rx?

Rssi
a V4 RX go from 0.5 to 1.0 Volt
a V6 RX go from 0.5 to 3.3 Volt

Thanks for your help!
I join in the query colleague about RSSI in thomas v6
aniolg is offline Find More Posts by aniolg
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:59 PM
Keepin it real....
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2005
1,985 Posts
Not sure if this will help Dave.... My ezuhf set ups when using a "mictronics rssi converter" go from 0.5v to 5.5v and the ET reads them with no probs.

You may now need to use a buffer like the one Dpcav sell?

Chris.
NutBag is offline Find More Posts by NutBag
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:02 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBag View Post
Not sure if this will help Dave.... My ezuhf set ups when using a "mictronics rssi converter" go from 0.5v to 5.5v and the ET reads them with no probs.

You may now need to use a buffer like the one Dpcav sell?

Chris.
Thanks NutBag, I haven't been able to actually measure what's coming out of mine just wondering. If it can handle the range then maybe I'll need some buffer as you note since mine i calibrated and still not acting as it should. Not sure how to determine however how to buffer it correctly.
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:49 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Hi Guys,

Need some help with 3 things please?
  1. Lately my Eagle-Eyes started switching between AV1 and AV2 continuesly, any idea what can cause that? I changes antenna's and the video quality is good. See below vid for switching.
  2. How can I make my plane climb faster when in RTH mode? Do I add some up elevator when giving "set throttle for climb"?
  3. Lastly, when cruising and holding altitude, my throttle goes up and down all the time, it's not constant, what setting/change is that?

Thanks alot!
Dion

Eagle Eyes Diversity issue (0 min 16 sec)
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Hi Guys,

Need some help with 3 things please?
  1. Lately my Eagle-Eyes started switching between AV1 and AV2 continuesly, any idea what can cause that? I changes antenna's and the video quality is good. See below vid for switching.
  2. How can I make my plane climb faster when in RTH mode? Do I add some up elevator when giving "set throttle for climb"?
  3. Lastly, when cruising and holding altitude, my throttle goes up and down all the time, it's not constant, what setting/change is that?

Thanks alot!
Dion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jMFDzGIBPI
Hi Dion,

diversity: are you using 5,8GHz with circular antennas? ... i only see "RC305" RX in the vid there is a issue reported and et is testing how to fix ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1674478
better climbout: see manual If the model climbs too slowly, pitch adjustment may be needed, and/or, the “Climb” position you selected for throttle during the Servo Analysis
Wizard may need to be increased. If you are using the Guardian stabilizer, increase the “Max Stab Pitch RTH” parameter in the Guardian menu
(see the Guardian manual for more information). If you are not using the Guardian, increase the Pitch Proportional Gain. Likewise, if the model
climbs too rapidly, decrease the appropriate parameter, or reduce the “Climb” throttle position with the Wizard.

throttle management: this happens when you fly in a "speed window" around the minimal ground speed. every time you fell below the min groundspeed the throttle changes from cruise to climb. change the groundspeed or raise the cruise throttle.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Last edited by Thint1; Aug 04, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:18 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, will give the settings a try,

On the video side, yes it's 5.8, 2xRC305, one with circular and one with helical.

Thanks for the link, problem is mine doesn't just like one channel, it keeps on switching between the 2? I've set the sensitivity to one, then it's just slower, but still switches the whole time?

Thanks
Dion
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,276 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link, problem is mine doesn't just like one channel, it keeps on switching between the 2? I've set the sensitivity to one, then it's just slower, but still switches the whole time?
Hi Dion,
iīve never seen this behavior on my eagle eyes
your video connections are o.k.? the received picture is also o.k.? this happens only on the workbench or during a flight also?

in my opinion the diversity isnīt working on 5,8 ghz ... youīll be not happy until the issue is solved. in the meanwhile itīs better to use a 25$ diversity and mod the RC305 to get a diversitiy voltage signal. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=17

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:55 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Hi,

I'm sure video connection are OK, if I unplug one it switches and stays on other one. Received picture is fine yes, I noticed in the field when flying it beeps alot, then checked on the bench and realize it's diversity that keeps on switching.. Weird...
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,357 Posts
Dion,

Mine does that when I am flying close because both the omni and helical perform well within a mile range.

I usually switch it to the helical (with tracking) and take it off of diversity.

One option that you could try is to adjust the video and audio levels on input 2.

If you want to lock on input 2, then you could raise the levels, and if you want it to lock on input 1, then you could lower the levels of input 2.

It is just a thought:

I think that you could make them so that they are not percieved as an equal strength, so you would force the EE to lock onto one of the signals stronger than the other. Then if you lost the signal, it would be forced to change to the other.

I haven't tried it, but I will; when I get my new airframe running...

*One thing to note is the diversity level setting should be treated as a gain. The higher the number, the more sensitive it is, and will switch back and forth more often...

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:18 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Thanks for the help guys, slowly getting there

Discovered an interesting thing this morning, when my video goes straight from cam to Tx my diversity does not keep swicthing??? Only when I take it through the OSD Pro it start switching, what up with that?

Dion

UPDATE: Just tried adjusting the levels as well, it makes 100% zero difference, keeps on switching when goign through OSD.

Another thing I neglegted to say is it worked before, just started switching out of the blue??

Dion
Last edited by rcimports; Aug 05, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:31 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
572 Posts
Does ET OSD PRO autopilot support two channels aileron? So I can program aileron landing flaps?
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn