HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:46 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Kip,

I have not met, or spoken to anyone who has successfully made the dragon osd control throttle during RTH, have you?

Or do you just set it to use your transmitter stick setting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipkool View Post
I have booth, I would suggest dragon osd for now. It has all sensors embedded on the board with Baro, Compass, Vario, and Imu for true artificial horizon.

GPS has a better and quicker 3D fix than the eagle tree one ( sometime I have to wait more than 2 mn to have a fix outside with ET, it's less than 20 sec with Dragon ).

And at least, there's a compass, so you have a true heading. I fly them with quadcopter, and Eagletree is just not really adapted for this task for now.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:21 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Can anyone tell me if i can use Guardian settings to eliminate some on power roll i am getting on my Bixler?

I have it trimmed to fly level and straight at cruise speed and it tracks nicely on the glide but as soon as i go above half throttle it banks to the right and goes into a gentle turn. If i trim it to fly straight at above half throttle it rolls left on the glide.

I have my vtx and cloverleaf antenna on the right hand wing so am wondering if the extra drag is causing the problem???

I am also wondering if there is a setting to minimise the tendency to pitch up on full throttle. I understand its a powered glider and thats what they are supposed to do but for FPV i'd prefer it just flew straight. i am currently constantly having to push the nose down when flying WOT.
Hi nogas,

the "rule no.1" is: the plane should fly perfect at "normal" rc-flight.
you have to trim and setup the plane BEFORE fiddling around with electronic settings. youŽll never get a optimal flying plane when you try to cheat failures in the mechanic/aerodynamic with settings

for that your plane glides well, my opinion is that your motor mount isnŽt aligned well. use shims between motor and wooden plate to shift the motor axis in the opposite direction of the curve at higher trottle.
same way to defeat the too high climb rate. the bixler is a pusher - therefore you have to shim the motor at the upper 2 mounting points.

take your time and do some flight tests and find a good setup - then you are able to setup the guardian and rth easily.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:50 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Does ET OSD PRO support different compass, speed and altitude ladder styles like Dragon OSD?
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:51 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Is auto return to home autopilot easy to setup?

And is it reliable autopilot?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:00 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Does autopilot offers option to hold the current position?
To circle around the current position, I mean.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Jan 2008
401 Posts
No.
Yes if you read this thread carefully
Yes, very.
No.

sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:52 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Would you recommend me ET OSD PRO or Dragon OSD?
I am in decision between this two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28 View Post
No.
Yes if you read this thread carefully
Yes, very.
No.

Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:54 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Does ET OSD PRO offer frequent firmware updates with new features to be on top of OSD with features or just fixes the issues in the firmware?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:32 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Firmware updates and feature requests..
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Jan 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Would you recommend me ET OSD PRO or Dragon OSD?
I am in decision between this two.
I would definitely recommend it. Dragon is if you like DIY a lot. ET is much more RTF.
The only thing that bothers me with ET is their really poor handling of waypoints: limited in qty (3) and distance (2km I think).
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:00 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Why do not they change that in tomorrow released firmware? Are they willing to listen users requests?

This is simple update, by my opinion and should not tak more than one day to implement it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28 View Post
I would definitely recommend it. Dragon is if you like DIY a lot. ET is much more RTF.
The only thing that bothers me with ET is their really poor handling of waypoints: limited in qty (3) and distance (2km I think).
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:16 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Could somebody check the following OSD comparison chart and update the part for ET OSD PRO, please?

Looks like there are few not actual things there.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...jg&output=html
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:20 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
Does autopilot support Auto-level, Heading hold and Position hold options?

Dragon OSD supports that.
Last edited by pavn; Aug 03, 2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Dragon OSD supports that.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:44 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Not to be funny dude, but maybe you should go to their site, read the manual and features and then ask questions?

Features like max limits and auto way-point flights is legal restrictions.

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:09 AM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
584 Posts
I ask since many features are supported by Dragon OSD and I would like to know if there is willingness at least to support the same with ET OSD PRO.

So I can select right OSD. Which will be excellent today and will stay excellent in the future. If here is willingness to make updates upon users requests and based on what other OSDs supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Not to be funny dude, but maybe you should go to their site, read the manual and features and then ask questions?

Features like max limits and auto way-point flights is legal restrictions.

Dion