HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
How to get Google Earth to work? When I export earth tracking info from Elogger I don't see any line on the map. It play on GEarth but the tracking line seem to be invisible?
There is a nice video tutorial posted on this thread.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Hello everyone.

I have recently gotten an OSD pro with V3 eLogger and GPS. I am loving this system, it is a great and easy to use OSD and has made flying FPV much more fun and relaxing.

I decided to get the Guardian for the safety of RTH, and to be able to add just the slightest bit of stabilization in heavy wind (I will set the gains extremely low, as I like flying the plane myself.).

The problem I am having is the same as the one in the quote below. Now I know Eagle Tree responded to that problem with a solution, but it didn't work for me. There was no other reports by "KIR2142", so I assume it has been solved.

I have updated everything to the latest version as per the manual which is the newest manual from their website. Followed it to the tee.

The AHI is working perfect, and in the right direction. Same with my normal OSD features. I do not want to fly the plane (A SkyWalker) until I figure this out, as I now have my servos running through the OSD.

If anyone has an idea on what to do to solve this, it would be a great help.

Thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIR2142 View Post
9.57b
I can not run Safety Wizard because any menu, which I choose in OSD said to me: Run Safety Wizard First!

How to run it??
Quote:
KIR2142, Presently, the Safety Wizard can only be run using the radio stick menu method. Once you run that, then the PC on-screen menus will be accessible again.
Quote:
Of course I know about it. I run the wizard without any problems on 9.13. However, the wizard does not start at 9.57 with radio stick method. When I try to run the wizard OSD tells me: "Run Safety Wizard First". The same thing happens when I try to go to ANY(!!!) on-screen menu.

V Posted by EagleTree V
Quote:
KIR2142, oh, thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize you were seeing that in the stick menus. Could you please click "Factory Reset" in the OSD Pro setup screen, then reload your configuration, if the problem persists?
RC_Kid is offline Find More Posts by RC_Kid
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2003
300 Posts
I have the Guardian on a Multi Rotor with the Eagle Tree setup for the FSP but how do you zero the Artificial Horizon Line so that it is level? It set off level and for the life of me we can not find how to level it.
Laddy McMurry is offline Find More Posts by Laddy McMurry
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
Registered Crasher
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddy McMurry View Post
I have the Guardian on a Multi Rotor with the Eagle Tree setup for the FSP but how do you zero the Artificial Horizon Line so that it is level? It set off level and for the life of me we can not find how to level it.
You need to use the on screen menu ans reset the position. Under guardian settings I think, if not it's under display items.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddy McMurry View Post
How do you install it on a quadcopter?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
Registered Crasher
Joined Apr 2005
95 Posts
Quote:
How do you install it on a quadcopter?

The OSD, or the guardian? Please keep in mind that as far as I know, the stabilization and RTH won't work in a rotor craft, just the AHI.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Apr 2003
300 Posts
It is just used for the Artificial Horizon Line but when I try to reset it it says on the display (computer) that it does not see the gurdian. Any more ideas?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Apr 2003
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Kid View Post
The OSD, or the guardian? Please keep in mind that as far as I know, the stabilization and RTH won't work in a rotor craft, just the AHI.
Yes I know that part wont work with rotor quads.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Guardian gain

Billpa,

Now that the OSD supports ppm sum and can detect something like 14 channels, would it be possible to assign ,say, aux3 to control guardian gain without giving up aux1&2 for menus?
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:03 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,052 Posts
Now there's an idea!

Been waiting for this for a long time. Hope it comes soon.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
anyone seen this problem before? Any idea what's causing it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBH7nBqhkM
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
Quote:
How to get Google Earth to work? When I export earth tracking info from Elogger I don't see any line on the map. It play on GEarth but the tracking line seem to be invisible?
Hi,

Here is a tutorial on how to configure Google Earth with EagleTree tracks.

EagleTree and GoogleEarth 3D Track Tutorial (2 min 58 sec)

Regards,
filitov is offline Find More Posts by filitov
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:09 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2 View Post
anyone seen this problem before? Any idea what's causing it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBH7nBqhkM
Play around with text white/black levels,

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Thanks, I actually did that a couple of hours ago by randomly guessing at things to try lol.... and it sorted both the black bars and the wavy video.

Cheers for the reply
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Jun 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
861 Posts
I2C bus extensions?

does anyone know where I can get extender cables for the connections between ET peripherals? I need my logger farther away from the guardian and OSD than normal...
thanks
Atx_Heli is online now Find More Posts by Atx_Heli