HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Old Flying Bastard
Kipkool's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2011
386 Posts
Hi Eagle Tree guys

I've just ordered a complete eagle tree osd kit. Already had the Groundstation, i used it only for diversity feature. Now I will be able to use the tracker too, sounds great.

I see there's lot of firmware update, that's a good thing too.

Would it be possible to have a documented protocol to help us integrate different fly controllers like Multiwii/Mikrokopter/Naze32/OpenPilot ?

I'd love to use embedded sensors from fc like GPS & attitude data on the eagletree and use RTH from FC, and other similar features.
This would really be a killer feature.
Kipkool is offline Find More Posts by Kipkool
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:35 PM View Post
nanishimhan
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. It is temporarily hidden while nanishimhan edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
On screen attitude ladder. How do I switch between GPS and Altimeter Microsensor data?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
At peace with his albatross
wannabe's Avatar
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
On screen attitude ladder. How do I switch between GPS and Altimeter Microsensor data?
It is in the on-screen menus. I think in the configure sensors....
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:01 PM
fly by night
BCSaltchucker's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
5,650 Posts
OK help me out here. Confused as heck

I want to be able to invoke RTH without turning off my RC transmitter - by cranking down the throttle trim. It turns on fine when the transmitter is turned off, though when it is on my table the motor runs for a couple seconds then quits. Really want to be able to test in on the bench first!

equip: Dragonlink, OSD+Guardian+baro, Zephyr2
- safety mode is 1 channel, PCM

I set the Dlink failsafe to cruising throttle setting. Should I set it to zero or to a value below zero?

is a simple sequence of settings someone can spell out for me make to get this working as it should with Dragonlink? The manual is confusing the heck out of me.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Warrnambool
Joined Feb 2012
165 Posts
Im no expert as I only just received all my eagletree gear, but I did read that there was some safety setting that wouldnt allow RTH to be activated under 3km/h or under 20ft altitude.

There was a section in the manual about how to test RTH.

hope that helps
neo__04 is offline Find More Posts by neo__04
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
nogas's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo__04 View Post
Im no expert as I only just received all my eagletree gear, but I did read that there was some safety setting that wouldnt allow RTH to be activated under 3km/h or under 20ft altitude.

There was a section in the manual about how to test RTH.

hope that helps
No RTH under 3km???? Hopefully this is something that can be changed. I'd want to be able to use RTH as soon as it leaves LOS (about 1 km at most)
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
No RTH under 3km???? Hopefully this is something that can be changed. I'd want to be able to use RTH as soon as it leaves LOS (about 1 km at most)
Lol you misread him. He meant under three kilometers per hour air/ground speed.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
nogas's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Lol you misread him. He meant under three kilometers per hour air/ground speed.
haha, thanks TS. Still got blurry vision from last nights game drinks.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
Registered User
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
OK help me out here. Confused as heck

I want to be able to invoke RTH without turning off my RC transmitter - by cranking down the throttle trim. It turns on fine when the transmitter is turned off, though when it is on my table the motor runs for a couple seconds then quits. Really want to be able to test in on the bench first!

equip: Dragonlink, OSD+Guardian+baro, Zephyr2
- safety mode is 1 channel, PCM

I set the Dlink failsafe to cruising throttle setting. Should I set it to zero or to a value below zero?

is a simple sequence of settings someone can spell out for me make to get this working as it should with Dragonlink? The manual is confusing the heck out of me.
Give this a try:

1. Set Dlink failsafe to idle throttle and throttle trim all the way down.
2. Turn off Dlink Rx.
3. Return Tx throttle trim to midpoint (throttle stick at idle).
4. Power up your airplane. Most ESCs will automatically adjust throttle curves at startup. Verify that your ESC recognizes current throttle stick (idle) and trim (midpoint) positions as idle. Carefully check throttle operation.
5. Now disconnect motor and run ET Servo Analysis Wizard.

The ET Servo Analysis Wizard should recognize your failsafe settings when you turn the transmitter off. Assuming all goes well, you'll now be able to engage RTH by setting throttle stick to idle and throttle trim all the way down. Disengage RTH by advancing either the throttle stick or trim.

Good luck!
wmartin is offline Find More Posts by wmartin
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:35 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
AdamChicago's Avatar
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,667 Posts
Help! On the bench when I turn on full OSD Guardian Stabilization on my elevon wing (Zephyr I) it always causes the left and right elevons to be in full right turn (left down, right up)...after I move the control stick a few times they jump back to level and seem to stabilize normally but after a few seconds of attitude changes (up/down, left/right) they go out of whack again....any ideas?

I've made sure the AHI is level, have gone through the servo wizard a few times, updated the firmware to latest and still the same. FYI I have a Skywalker with the same hardware/firmware and it works fine.

Thanks.
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Last edited by AdamChicago; Jun 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 PM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Help! On the bench when I turn on full OSD Guardian Stabilization on my elevon wing (Zephyr I) it always causes the left and right elevons to be in full right turn (left down, right up)...after I move the control stick a few times they jump back to level and seem to stabilize normally but after a few seconds of attitude changes (up/down, left/right) they go out of whack again....any ideas?

I've made sure the AHI is level, have gone through the servo wizard a few times, updated the firmware to latest and still the same. FYI I have a Skywalker with the same hardware/firmware and it works fine.

Thanks.
Try turning off the heading hold...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
AdamChicago's Avatar
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,667 Posts
Awesome, I was hoping for some stupid-simple fix

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Try turning off the heading hold...
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:21 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Need help configuring RTH

I just finished building a new FPV rig.. A Twinstar II
I went to maiden it after doing alot of bench testing and putting the plane through it's paces in the simulator.
I'm having problems dialing in RTH.. I can't seem to get it to turn correctly and fly centered somewhat overhead around home and hold elevation as it should.. I can't seem to get the elevator to respond like it should during RTH.. I've done everything that I could think of to get RTH dialed in.. Maybe you guys could help me figure it out.. Here is a video of the flight..

At the end of the video I flip through the safety and guardian configurations so you can see the values...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks All...

https://vimeo.com/44206670
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 05:33 PM
ScratchCrasher
sfakias's Avatar
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
I just finished building a new FPV rig.. A Twinstar II
I went to maiden it after doing alot of bench testing and putting the plane through it's paces in the simulator.
I'm having problems dialing in RTH.. I can't seem to get it to turn correctly and fly centered somewhat overhead around home and hold elevation as it should.. I can't seem to get the elevator to respond like it should during RTH.. I've done everything that I could think of to get RTH dialed in.. Maybe you guys could help me figure it out.. Here is a video of the flight..

At the end of the video I flip through the safety and guardian configurations so you can see the values...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks All...

https://vimeo.com/44206670
Are you giving full elevator stick deflection during servo analysis wizard?
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale BRAND New CP Pro/with extra battery stgtech2 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Sep 06, 2006 09:35 PM
New eolo pro glitches with cc60 aschen Electric Heli Talk 24 May 20, 2004 08:12 AM
FS New Piccolo Fun with bearing upgrade and HA tail motor Bud Morrison Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Mar 21, 2004 06:32 PM
For Sale: NEW Pic Pro rotor head with stiffening mod Eco8gator Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 02, 2003 09:16 PM