Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:02 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,357 Posts
Alan,

I did a search for your message code and found this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I need assistance please... I am getting this error: Internal error 0306be

I have OSD pro with Gurdian.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
Bill the error message says Internal Error 0306BE email support.

I have since decided to go from scratch and went through the new model wizard and did the factory reset and the error message has since disapeard. But i would still like to know why i got the error message.

I am positive the altimeter isnt being recognised, i wouldnt be pulling my hair out if it was!

After doing the above rollbacks and resets it is still not recognised by the v10.04 sw. I am not sure if there is some clash because it had a newer firmware in the altimeter that is now why it is not recognised even though the guardian is recognised and it is linked via the altimeter.

I did have a problem with an altimeter in the past when setting the jumpers, but this one is brand new and i havent tried the jumper settings or anything.

On v 10.08 which i had installed when i started on all this again last monday was recognising the altimeter and it all seemed fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
FANG, glad you got your issues resolved & sorry you had the problem in the first place. Both the error message and undetected altimeter
point to a configuration problem. This could be due to a USB glitch during configuration.
Please let me know if you have it happen again.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Good Day to everybody,

Why the EagleTree OSD doesn't continue to send data even though the video source is dead?
The camera wire broke in flight and I had a total black screen with no data.
I read that other OSD systems still continue to transmit data on a blank screen.
Is there any chance to implement that on ET OSD?

Thanks for your time

Best Regards

Fabio
ianfab is offline Find More Posts by ianfab
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfab View Post
Good Day to everybody,

Why the EagleTree OSD doesn't continue to send data even though the video source is dead?
The camera wire broke in flight and I had a total black screen with no data.
I read that other OSD systems still continue to transmit data on a blank screen.
Is there any chance to implement that on ET OSD?

Thanks for your time

Best Regards

Fabio
The reason for this is that the camera generates the video signal and the OSD only adds too it, without the camera working there is no signal for the OSD to add to. I would imagine that the lack of the sync line on the video in on three OSD would be enough for it to stop
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Had a error today.
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,921 Posts
All, sorry for the delay in posting here. We're in the end game of shipping a new product, which has been time consuming over the last couple of weeks, to make an understatement. It's almost finished though, and sanity is returning. Please let me know if there are remaining questions not answered below.

papa_lazerous,
Quote:
BUT I had heading hold turned on, so I turned it off any hey presto it turned perfectly.
That's odd. The heading hold feature is disabled during RTH. Would you mind turning it back on, to see if your problem happens again? I'm wondering if this might be coincidence?
Quote:
I am going to also add that I find the switching poor on the diversity between the helical and the spw. My setup prefers the spw over the helical also upto just over3km and only switches to the helical for a short while which is crystal clear then back to the skew which is grainy. I have the helical as AV1 hoping it would take priority but it doesnt.
Do you have a short video clip showing the switch? I'd like to see a comparison of the quality. Also, I'd recommend trying our beta 10.39 software, to see if that affects your issue. Some improvements to the EE firmware were made, and there's small possibility it will address this issue. But if not, we'll do some digging. One more thing: have you tried adjusting the diversity sensitivity?

Thint1,
Quote:
i really need a working "minimum groundspeed" !! pls. tell me at which version this feature was working in the past!
At present, OSD sets your throttle to the "descend" setting it learns during the servo analysis wizard, whenever the altitude is greater than the window. This has always been like this. I am looking at the option of switching on the throttle above the window, when minimum groundspeed is not met. This is a significant change to RTH, but I understand the benefit if you are using a home radious, and it sounds like we need to make it happen.
Quote:
diversity switching: what is going wrong detecting video glitches at 5,8 receivers? im sure that a 200mW video tx and a SPW at 3km produces a ugly enough video to cause a diversity switching situation! higher settings are resulting in a "non diversity"; default settings cause a flip-flop? do you need a video sequence to analyse?
Yes, if you could post a short clip showing what's happening, that should help. And, I'm assuming you are seeing this with software version 10.38 and later?

Derek,
Quote:
BillPa I have called you many times and left messages without any call back.
Sorry you have had trouble reaching us. Did you call the support number and leave a message, or a different number?
Quote:
I used the regular first and realized that there were no OK buttons on the page (The HUD screen) to enter the the set up
I'm not following. Are you talking about the menus in the video display, or something in the PC software?

randy,
Quote:
Bill, I found a flaw with the latest software (10.38 beta). When I engage RTH it works normally with the motor off and with cruise power. But when climb power engages, the barometric airspeed and altimeter lock up until RTH is disengaged. Then they work normally again. It did this on two separate tests.
This is not reproducing here. Do you have a brief video showing the issue? If not, can you let me know if the AHI display is working correctly, or has stopped also, during the climb? Also, does this happen for your with the simulator as well?

AlanFlorida,
Quote:
I am getting this error: Internal error 0306be
That indicates that there was an issue when you ran the Servo Analysis Wizard, which is required when using the Guardian. I think it will be corrected if you rerun the wizard. let me know if not!

freshmint,
Quote:
Had a error today.
That error message (assuming it occured when downloading logged data from the eLogger) can mean a couple of things:
1) you have done many flights (> 50) since your last download from the logger
2) the battery voltage powering the eLogger is dropping below about 4V for an extended period, which will cause a new session to be logged.

Do either of these explanations fit?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
So how do I download the files to my PC?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:19 AM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:
randy, This is not reproducing here. Do you have a brief video showing the issue? If not, can you let me know if the AHI display is working correctly, or has stopped also, during the climb? Also, does this happen for your with the simulator as well?
I deleted the clip, but I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow and send you the clip. As I recal, the AHI display worked ok. I have not used the simulator in over a year, but I can give that a try as well.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:51 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,261 Posts
Message for Bill

Quote:
Thint1,
Quote:
i really need a working "minimum groundspeed" !! pls. tell me at which version this feature was working in the past!
At present, OSD sets your throttle to the "descend" setting it learns during the servo analysis wizard, whenever the altitude is greater than the window. This has always been like this. I am looking at the option of switching on the throttle above the window, when minimum groundspeed is not met. This is a significant change to RTH, but I understand the benefit if you are using a home radious, and it sounds like we need to make it happen.
Quote:
diversity switching: what is going wrong detecting video glitches at 5,8 receivers? im sure that a 200mW video tx and a SPW at 3km produces a ugly enough video to cause a diversity switching situation! higher settings are resulting in a "non diversity"; default settings cause a flip-flop? do you need a video sequence to analyse?
Yes, if you could post a short clip showing what's happening, that should help. And, I'm assuming you are seeing this with software version 10.38 and later?

Hi Bill,

minimum groundspeed: sorry, seems i read the manual in the wrong way .... i was sure that the throttle management was implemented in the software - "change to cruise-throttle above the cruising height if speed is lower than minimum ground speed" ... would be nice to see this in the next version. in my opinion this is a safety feature to prevent the plane to be "blown away".

diversity switching issue:
problem is solved for me ... i sold the eagle-eyes and now i use the cheap "easy diversity" which does the switching using the rssi-signal.
but for your information i uploaded a video showing the poor diversity.
my setup and what the video shows:

Groundstation: MFD-AAT tracker, Eagle Eyes diversity, 2x RC305 5,8GHz receiver, Helical 5turn (tracked), SPW fix
Plane: Eagle Tree equipped (OSDpro, Guardian, ELogger V4, GPS, Baro Speed, Baro Height), 5,8Ghz 200mW Transmitter, CL Edit: Firmware 10.38

Poor diversity switching at sensitivity 10, but default 5 shows the same reaction: first switch from SPW to Helical at ap. 2000m distance at at poor video quality - followed from switching between both antennas. at 3000m with an ugly video-quality the diversity switches the last time to the helical and finally stays at the better quality.

cheers Thomas

dont mind about "Range Warning" popping up on the OSD-screen im using a stock spectrum tx-module and this is the range i get under the worst condition ( tx-antenna covered from my body, if i fly behind my back).

Diversity switching issue (2 min 8 sec)
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Last edited by Thint1; Jun 11, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:58 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
So how do I download the files to my PC?
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...n%20Manual.pdf

Starting from page 11.
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Everytime I try to download the files to my computer it say, "Your data set has too many sessions, so the data set has been truncated. Email support@eagletreesystems.com to report this bug"
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
freshmint, That error message (assuming it occured when downloading logged data from the eLogger) can mean a couple of things:
1) you have done many flights (> 50) since your last download from the logger
2) the battery voltage powering the eLogger is dropping below about 4V for an extended period, which will cause a new session to be logged.

Do either of these explanations fit?

I can't have over 50 sessions?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Hello, a fellow of the forum in Spain, has given me an idea to have two channels in the wings along with the RTH and the Guardian. The idea is connect to the OSD only one of the wings so that when the RTH mode is active and when stabilization mode is active the OSD act only in one of the wings. ..I would ask if anyone has tested this configuration and what results I can expect.

The purpose is to have a breaks in my sailplane for landing.

Waiting you reply

Thank you
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
papa_lazerous, That's odd. The heading hold feature is disabled during RTH. Would you mind turning it back on, to see if your problem happens again? I'm wondering if this might be coincidence?Do you have a short video clip showing the switch? I'd like to see a comparison of the quality. Also, I'd recommend trying our beta 10.39 software, to see if that affects your issue. Some improvements to the EE firmware were made, and there's small possibility it will address this issue. But if not, we'll do some digging. One more thing: have you tried adjusting the diversity sensitivity?
Hello Bill thanks for the reply, I can try testing RTH again with heading hold turned on to see if it was indeed the cause. Having terrible wind and rain right now so may be a week or so before I can get in the air (typical British summer lol)

I have also chopped a small section out of my last flight which shows the eagle eyes switching, it was on a good image but switched to a poor image then switched between the two and settled on the worse image. I hope my short video clip demonstrates this. I have experimented with the sensitiity, but all that achieves is an almost constant switching of video but absolutely no imporvement on selecting the obviously better image. I am curently running 10.13 so I can upgrade if you feel this may help, I kinda loath to do it as I just got everything else setup nice lol

Anyway here is my video clip, unfortunately my DVR reduces the quality quite allot. But the clear image was crystal clear and the grainy image was bad so the recieved images where worlds apart from each other. I have also included my config file incase you need to know any other settings I am using

Regards,
John

Eagle Eyes diversity switching (0 min 58 sec)
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,091 Posts
Quote:
randy, This is not reproducing here. Do you have a brief video showing the issue? If not, can you let me know if the AHI display is working correctly, or has stopped also, during the climb? Also, does this happen for your with the simulator as well?
Hi Bill,

I tried to reproduce this problem today and couldn't. It must have been a one time anomaly. Cycling the power more than likely fixed the problem.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,061 Posts
M Beeson and Bill,
Thank you very much for your assistance!! I will try correcting the problem with your suggestions.
Best,
Alan
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida