SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:20 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,190 Posts
Of course it does introduce a single point of failure.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:41 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Of course it does introduce a single point of failure.
There's always that, but if you lost a single wire you would be screwed anyway.

e.g. loose an aileron connection, or an elevator connection. Oops.

but thinking about it, I think that if you lost a PPM signal, OSD would take over it's training and come home. am I right or wrong about that?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:06 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
I'm with m_beeson, that's how I started and it works, if I do a new build I would pr0bably go with PPM one wire.

Mmm. yes, in theory if you lose that cable RTH should kick in..?
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
I dont think it will kick into RTH cause the osdpro wont be seeing any failsafe?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:36 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Yeah but it might see a loss of PPM stream as a RTH failure? Wo is going to test this :-)
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:52 AM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Yeah but it might see a loss of PPM stream as a RTH failure? Wo is going to test this :-)
I was going to ask the exact same question.

Does the OSD Pro go into RTH straight away if its been initially setup and you power it up with no Rx connections? How does it know the Rx is in Failsafe? Perhaps the Rx isn't in Failsafe at all, it's just that the signal wire from the Rx to the OSD Pro has failed.

Love to hear some feedback on RTH triggers with PPM.
nrg2go is online now Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,354 Posts
Is there any way to show a 6 letter call sign on the display?

Need to display it every 10 mins
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:08 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I read that yesterday, but I can't stear you in the right direction, because I don't know the limitations of V3.

If you don't get help, then open a support ticket with the ET website.
Thanks for your reply. I still haven't resolved this so I'll try a ticket.......

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:47 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Thanks for your reply. I still haven't resolved this so I'll try a ticket.......

Cheers Don
Don,

Have you run the servo analysis wizzard?

when you set throttle points.

Start with throttle trimmed all of the way down.

then start, and set it to normal flight throttle when it asks you to set the transmitter to level flight.

then set it to a normal climb postion, don't go to full throttle, just a normal climb position. then when you turn the transmitter off, and back on, make sure that the throttle is off.

after you run the wizzard, you should get a failsafe message. Just trim your throttle up until the failsafe turns off, but before your motor starts. then you should be set.

Try that and let me know how it goes...

-Mike
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:19 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Don,

Have you run the servo analysis wizzard?

when you set throttle points.

Start with throttle trimmed all of the way down.

then start, and set it to normal flight throttle when it asks you to set the transmitter to level flight.

then set it to a normal climb postion, don't go to full throttle, just a normal climb position. then when you turn the transmitter off, and back on, make sure that the throttle is off.

after you run the wizzard, you should get a failsafe message. Just trim your throttle up until the failsafe turns off, but before your motor starts. then you should be set.

Try that and let me know how it goes...

-Mike
Thanks for this......I've been trying again this morning but still can't get a throttle servo position reading display, other than zero at any time.
With a servo in place of the ESC and a battery feeding the Rx etc. the servo operates ok with stabilisation off but goes limp (not controlled) when stabilisation is on.
I'm about to rig up a scope so I can watch the pulses but suspect there are none from the OSD throttle output, when stabilisation is on.

I'll try your suggestion although I've been through the setup quite a few times. already.

I've raised a ticket but know I may have to wait a bit.

Thanks again

Don
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
Is there any way to show a 6 letter call sign on the display?

Need to display it every 10 mins
Yes, there is a way to display a custom text field in the OSD. It will be a constant display as opposed to one that is displayed every ten minutes as per your question. Nevertheless, the constant display will satisfy FCC requirements. I don't recall the exact menu, but you should be able to find it pretty easily if you use the PC software to configure OSD parameters, then look for a pulldown menu of text fields that can be displayed on the OSD.
wmartin is offline Find More Posts by wmartin
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:09 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Mike......I've tried your suggestion but there's no change. I moved on to trying RTH set up and now find that this doesn't work properly either. It won't display that its actually in RTH mode if I trim the throttle all the way down (Rx previously bound with throttle trim set like this) or if I switch the Tx off. If I enter RTH mode from the menu, thats ok but the throttle servo goes "limp" the same as described earlier.

It looks as though my OSD may have a fault.

Cheers Don
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:37 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Mike......I've tried your suggestion but there's no change. I moved on to trying RTH set up and now find that this doesn't work properly either. It won't display that its actually in RTH mode if I trim the throttle all the way down (Rx previously bound with throttle trim set like this) or if I switch the Tx off. If I enter RTH mode from the menu, thats ok but the throttle servo goes "limp" the same as described earlier.

It looks as though my OSD may have a fault.

Cheers Don
I just sent you a pm
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:15 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
I need assistance please... I am getting this error: Internal error 0306be

I have OSD pro with Gurdian.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Dec 2008
3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartin View Post
Yes, there is a way to display a custom text field in the OSD. It will be a constant display as opposed to one that is displayed every ten minutes as per your question. Nevertheless, the constant display will satisfy FCC requirements. I don't recall the exact menu, but you should be able to find it pretty easily if you use the PC software to configure OSD parameters, then look for a pulldown menu of text fields that can be displayed on the OSD.
Cool..Thanks
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069