HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:55 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
I guess that's a matter of opinion. In this post I describe the sometimes severe discrepancies between GPS and barometric altitude data.
This disrepancy in altitude readings is one of my concerns but............. I've just ordered so guess i'll try it and see if i need the altitude sensor.

I also went with the guardian stabiliser as i want to give the RTH the best ability to work correctly with the wing i intend to use down the line.

Time for some more reading on how to actually set this thing up.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:02 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
This disrepancy in altitude readings is one of my concerns but............. I've just ordered so guess i'll try it and see if i need the altitude sensor.

I also went with the guardian stabiliser as i want to give the RTH the best ability to work correctly with the wing i intend to use down the line.

Time for some more reading on how to actually set this thing up.
study, study, study.

prepare yourself for a couple of frustrating moments, in your setup, but before long you will be teaching us...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:27 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
haha, dont know about that.

I have alot of reading to do but in the mean time, so i can place an order asap for some small bits and pieces (cables, connectors etc.) , Is there anything that i am likely to need to connect all my OSD modules?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Also, does the OSD pro require PPM from the Rx for the RTH?

If so, i will be using Fr Sky telemetry D8R-II Rx, anyone got an links to the best way to get PPM from these?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:54 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Also, does the OSD pro require PPM from the Rx for the RTH?

If so, i will be using Fr Sky telemetry D8R-II Rx, anyone got an links to the best way to get PPM from these?
You can use ppm, or use all of the wires from your Rx. "either / or".

I use a Futaba, and don't know much about other radios, so I am sure that someone else will know more about frsky.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:59 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
or use all of the wires from your Rx. "either / or".
What do you mean 'use all of the wires from the Rx'?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:14 AM
Romania,Est Europe
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Activating RTH from the 3 pos switch is not working- on osd is visual activated-"RTH engaged"but the plane is not doing anything; activating from trim(Carlyle method) is working perfectly. Any idea why?
mamut is offline Find More Posts by mamut
Last edited by mamut; Jun 06, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:16 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
Activating RTH from the 3 pos switch is not working, activating from trim(Carlyle method) is working perfectly. Any idea why?
switch setting should be 3 pos rth
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jun 2011
24 Posts
Hey Mike or anyone flying a Wing with ET Guardian. Understand when Guardian is installed, ET takes over elevon servo mixing. Does it maintain the settings I have on dual rates and mixes set up in my transmitter?
Thanks for all the help.
LostLarry is offline Find More Posts by LostLarry
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLarry View Post
Hey Mike or anyone flying a Wing with ET Guardian. Understand when Guardian is installed, ET takes over elevon servo mixing. Does it maintain the settings I have on dual rates and mixes set up in my transmitter?
Thanks for all the help.
No you have to set your transmitter up for a regular plane not elevron. the ET does the mixing and needs an un-mixed signal input. but the ET has no effect on your dual rates
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:17 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Quote:
What do you mean 'use all of the wires from the Rx'?
You can either connect something like 6 leads for ail, ele, thr, rud, aux1 and aux2 input

***OR***

Just use one lead that supplies PPM input, out still seperate leads.

The FRSky website has firmware you can flash on the D8R for PPM output on channel8, I've done that for my quads but Skywalker just use all the leads,

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Hi, I put this over on the Guardian thread as well.......

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've just got an OSD Pro with Guardian Expander and have set it all up with a V3 logger in an EasyStar to flight test it.

Everything is ok so far except the following :-

The servo position display doesn't register anything for the throttle channel, it just remains at zero, even though the throttle works at this point.

However when I switch Stabilization "on", the throttle signal is lost altogether and the ESC beeps to warn that there is no throttle signal.

I have gone over the manual and the wiring but cannot resolve these problems....or am I missing something ?

As it is, I couldn't take off with Stabilization "on", only with it "off".

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:35 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
You can either connect something like 6 leads for ail, ele, thr, rud, aux1 and aux2 input

***OR***

Just use one lead that supplies PPM input, out still seperate leads.

The FRSky website has firmware you can flash on the D8R for PPM output on channel8, I've done that for my quads but Skywalker just use all the leads,

Cheers
Dion
Thank you Dion. Sounds like flashing the Rx and running one lead is much easier. Is there any advantage of going with the multiple leads option?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Hi, I put this over on the Guardian thread as well.......

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've just got an OSD Pro with Guardian Expander and have set it all up with a V3 logger in an EasyStar to flight test it.

Everything is ok so far except the following :-

The servo position display doesn't register anything for the throttle channel, it just remains at zero, even though the throttle works at this point.

However when I switch Stabilization "on", the throttle signal is lost altogether and the ESC beeps to warn that there is no throttle signal.

I have gone over the manual and the wiring but cannot resolve these problems....or am I missing something ?

As it is, I couldn't take off with Stabilization "on", only with it "off".

Any suggestions ?

Thanks Don
I read that yesterday, but I can't stear you in the right direction, because I don't know the limitations of V3.

If you don't get help, then open a support ticket with the ET website.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:16 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Thank you Dion. Sounds like flashing the Rx and running one lead is much easier. Is there any advantage of going with the multiple leads option?
The ppm option is newer than my last install, so I have not used ppm. I see no sense in changing it for the sake of changing it.

when I do another install, I will use PPM, instead of running all of the wires from Rx to OSD.