HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Well, I (and others I guess) have been using the voice alerts feature without any problems, so there must be a cause and solution to your particular problem.

-What vid tranceiver are you using? Have you tried to plug directly the vid output of your OSD to a viewing device (without transmitting and receiving the signal)?
-Have you tried altering the voice alerts volume level?
Im using the LM 2.4GHz vtx when altering the voice alerts volume level to 4 it's get worst the lower the number the better it get but its still there.
Not sure how I would plug my tv to the video out on the osd pro?

I notice the Elogger get really warm almost 50C when the 4s is plug in.
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
Im using the LM 2.4GHz vtx when altering the voice alerts volume level to 4 it's get worst the lower the number the better it get but its still there.

To connect your viewing device (TV) with the OSD pro, you just have to make a custom harness (two wires cable, preferably shielded) that on one end it will have a servo connector and on the other end an RCA connector (assuming your TV accepts RCA A/V input). Connect via the harness the ground pin of the OSD to the outer ring of the RCA connector, and the video signal out pin of the OSD to the center pin of the RCA connector.

Regarding the heat issue, are you using the supplied Y cable to log in throttle position? If not, go ahead and connect it between your rc rx and the e-logger, and it might reduce the temperature of the voltage regulators of the e-logger, since it provides back-up power to the e-logger.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old May 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,315 Posts
Quote:

hi freshmint,
you need an old video- or audio-cable and a servo-plug.
the inner lead is "signal" the shielding is "ground". see the photo how it is done.
donīt worry about my red plug, iīve recycled an old audio-cable

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old May 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
That's exactly what I meant Thomas! Thanks for posting the photo.

Sometimes typing is faster than taking a pic

Best regards,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old May 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
To connect your viewing device (TV) with the OSD pro, you just have to make a custom harness (two wires cable, preferably shielded) that on one end it will have a servo connector and on the other end an RCA connector (assuming your TV accepts RCA A/V input). Connect via the harness the ground pin of the OSD to the outer ring of the RCA connector, and the video signal out pin of the OSD to the center pin of the RCA connector.

Regarding the heat issue, are you using the supplied Y cable to log in throttle position? If not, go ahead and connect it between your rc rx and the e-logger, and it might reduce the temperature of the voltage regulators of the e-logger, since it provides back-up power to the e-logger.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Stavros
I will make the harness and report back
While doing testing I dont have esc.thro connected.
Old May 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
i read somewhere the max temp for the elogger is 240f so i should be fine at 50c
Old May 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Stavros
My osd pro dont turn on unless I have cam connected? is this normal
Old May 28, 2012, 05:41 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,315 Posts
Quote:
My osd pro dont turn on unless I have cam connected? is this normal
hi freshmint,
yes, thatīs the normal behavior.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old May 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
231 Posts
Hotdog,

I have had that exact issue before and would think it is because your BEC cannot provide enough current to supply the servos, therefore the voltage drops and causes the Dragon Link receiver to reset, hence the 2 second delay. My buddy garris2 and I confirmed this just the other night with a multimeter across the R/C power as it was ocurring. I solved the issue by powering the R/C with a SBEC sepatrate to the ESC. The issue is worse if you run 4S like I do.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog1 View Post
Ok guys I need your help I have everything set up and working osd,gurrdian,ee,tracker. It here is my problem everything worked fine until I installed guardian now when I go full throttle its as if I am only getting 1/4 throttle from the motor. Also when I give a aileron on, elevator or throttle command there is almost a full 2 seconds before the servos or motor move for the first time. It once the get moving everything is fine untill I stop moving them then if I try to Move then again there is again a 2 second delay.has anyone else expericed this ?
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old May 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
"Chuck Yeager"
Bradenton FL
Joined Apr 2010
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentony32 View Post
Hotdog,

I have had that exact issue before and would think it is because your BEC cannot provide enough current to supply the servos, therefore the voltage drops and causes the Dragon Link receiver to reset, hence the 2 second delay. My buddy garris2 and I confirmed this just the other night with a multimeter across the R/C power as it was ocurring. I solved the issue by powering the R/C with a SBEC sepatrate to the ESC. The issue is worse if you run 4S like I do.

Tony
I too am running a 4s setup. thanks I will use a sepatrate bec and see if that helps. I dont know if i will find out if it fixed the problem though because when i got home the issue wasn't there. weird
hotdog1 is offline Find More Posts by hotdog1
Old May 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Maiden FPV flight. Went a mile out, hit some clouds and a few speed runs.
At the 3:15 mark, you can see the Pan/tilt looking around.
Zephyr II Pan and Tilt Camera, Clouds and Cruise. Flown with Dragonlink (15 min 8 sec)
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old May 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTQN9kDIsc
repost respot repost
Old May 28, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
shh... its all relative for the thread its posted in.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old May 28, 2012, 11:22 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTQN9kDIsc
Nice flight
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old May 29, 2012, 02:20 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
916 Posts
Yellow Title is Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by filitov View Post
As you can see its a youtube link ... so yes its on youtube
No i didnt see that it was a YouTube link as i usually watch the videos here in RCGroups. Now is realise the yellow title at the top is the link. Thanks.
LaserBeam is offline Find More Posts by LaserBeam