SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornant View Post
I use the alt and the airspeed expanders as well and I find them very good but I don't use the static source from the pitot for the alt. I only run the tubes(dynamic and static) from the pitot to the airspeed. The alt just sits in the avionics compartment.

Maybe try it that way?
Agree,

if you have a t-tube you can split and share the static between the altitude and the airspeed. If you don't then do what Hornant suggests

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Agree,

if you have a t-tube you can split and share the static between the altitude and the airspeed. If you don't then do what Hornant suggests

Al
Just got back from trying that. I removed my static pressure T connector, and ran the altitude sensor from the pressure in the fuselage. It made no difference to the airspeed indication when on the ground. It was showing 18mph stationary. I kinda expected that, since where the altitude sensor gets it's pressure from has no bearing on the airspeed indicator.

Any other ideas?
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,954 Posts
Guardian OSD?

I've got a Guardian on my Zephyr II, i have the OSD set to "3-pos" to turn the Guardian on and off with a switch. I have AUX 2 on the OSD assigned to a switch on my Futaba 9C but i can't set the servo throws below 0. So its set at 100% (up) and 0 (down). But since i can't set it to a minus number i can only get the Guardian to go from full stabilization at %100 to meduim at 0, never completely off. So how do i set it up so i get completely off and then on (set to the values in the Guardian setup menu)? Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:59 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
I've got a Guardian on my Zephyr II, i have the OSD set to "3-pos" to turn the Guardian on and off with a switch. I have AUX 2 on the OSD assigned to a switch on my Futaba 9C but i can't set the servo throws below 0. So its set at 100% (up) and 0 (down). But since i can't set it to a minus number i can only get the Guardian to go from full stabilization at %100 to meduim at 0, never completely off. So how do i set it up so i get completely off and then on (set to the values in the Guardian setup menu)? Thanks

Kyle
Hi Kyle.

I do not own the 9C, but I own the T9EX FASST. If 9C is similar to the T6EX, you should program the endpoints of the channel that you use for AUX 2 at 100% both ways in order to get full stabilisation (gain =9) in one direction, and no stabilisation (guardian off, gain=0).

If you program the endpoint to 0% in one direction (like you did) and you hook up a servo in that channel, you will see that it remains in the neutral (middle) position, and effectively, using this channel for the guardian control, you should get gain=4 or 5....

....Just checked the 9C manual. That should be the solution to your issue: set endpoints to 100% in both directions for gain= 0 and 9, and less than 100% for intermediate gain values.

Regards,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Hi Kyle.

I do not own the 9C, but I own the T9EX FASST. If 9C is similar to the T6EX, you should program the endpoints of the channel that you use for AUX 2 at 100% both ways in order to get full stabilisation (gain =9) in one direction, and no stabilisation (guardian off, gain=0).

If you program the endpoint to 0% in one direction (like you did) and you hook up a servo in that channel, you will see that it remains in the neutral (middle) position, and effectively, using this channel for the guardian control, you should get gain=4 or 5....

....Just checked the 9C manual. That should be the solution to your issue: set endpoints to 100% in both directions for gain= 0 and 9, and less than 100% for intermediate gain values.

Regards,
Stavros
Stavros,
Thanks, that worked!! One more question, i'v got my pitch and roll gains set to 2 and 4 respectively in the guardian setup, have major oscillating if they are any higher than that. How do i get those values in pitch and roll when i turn on the guardian? Or do i have to set a percentage on the radio to corrispond with overall stabilization gain, i.e. 30% and 100% to represent pitch/roll = 3 when on and 0 when off.
I'll also assume everyhing else is untouched from that same menus, such as turn gain, responsiveness, etc... Thanks

Kyle
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
Stavros,
Thanks, that worked!! One more question, i'v got my pitch and roll gains set to 2 and 4 respectively in the guardian setup, have major oscillating if they are any higher than that. How do i get those values in pitch and roll when i turn on the guardian? Or do i have to set a percentage on the radio to corrispond with overall stabilization gain, i.e. 30% and 100% to represent pitch/roll = 3 when on and 0 when off.
I'll also assume everyhing else is untouched from that same menus, such as turn gain, responsiveness, etc... Thanks

Kyle
I am glad that I helped Kyle!

I understand that the only gain parameter than you can change during flight using the 2-pos. switch on AUX.2 is the overall gain. This is a different parameter than the pitch gain and roll gain. The pitch and roll gain will allways be what you set it to in the menus (2 and 4), and I understand that they effect the way the stabilisation algorythm will work, but by changing the overall gain, you define how "vigourously" the stabilisation effect will be imposed on the plane).

Regards,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2002
1,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
I am glad that I helped Kyle!

I understand that the only gain parameter than you can change during flight using the 2-pos. switch on AUX.2 is the overall gain. This is a different parameter than the pitch gain and roll gain. The pitch and roll gain will allways be what you set it to in the menus (2 and 4), and I understand that they effect the way the stabilisation algorythm will work, but by changing the overall gain, you define how "vigourously" the stabilisation effect will be imposed on the plane).

Regards,
Stavros
Great, thanks. Just got back from another test flight, everything worked like a charm Next up, start tweaking the RTH settings, thanks again for the help.

Kyle
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:23 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Just got back from trying that. I removed my static pressure T connector, and ran the altitude sensor from the pressure in the fuselage. It made no difference to the airspeed indication when on the ground. It was showing 18mph stationary. I kinda expected that, since where the altitude sensor gets it's pressure from has no bearing on the airspeed indicator.

Any other ideas?
Ok then it must be faulty - suggest contacting ET for them to look at it.

does it otherwise work - is it just offset by 18. if so there may be a way to re-zero it

sorry no other suggestions

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:50 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Ok then it must be faulty - suggest contacting ET for them to look at it.

does it otherwise work - is it just offset by 18. if so there may be a way to re-zero it

sorry no other suggestions

Al
Sorry guys, I haven't been following, but if it helps; You can rezero sensors...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2011
9 Posts
Dear all
i just receved OSD Pro with stabilisation pro expender
up to know i flew only with seaguel pro included Pro recorder
i am finishing my FPV Plane (Canadair)with 2 servo on elevator (one one each side of rudder)and two servo for aileron (also two for flap)
My english is notgood and i don't unsderstand , the OSD manual said prefere to wire rudder instead aileron to have better stabilisation !!! end RTH fonction
I unsderstand that i cannot wire to servo for aileron on two different recever output if i want to use stabiliser expender but i need to revers one servo to have right way for this fonction ?
can i use output of Pro recorder for 1 right aileron servo and output of OSD for the left side servo and these one two different recever output to keed the setting from the emetter instead only having "mecanic " setting
I Expect you understand me and all my apologie for my poor english
best regard and thank to read your meaning
mumupilot is offline Find More Posts by mumupilot
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumupilot View Post
Dear all
i just receved OSD Pro with stabilisation pro expender
up to know i flew only with seaguel pro included Pro recorder
i am finishing my FPV Plane (Canadair)with 2 servo on elevator (one one each side of rudder)and two servo for aileron (also two for flap)
My english is notgood and i don't unsderstand , the OSD manual said prefere to wire rudder instead aileron to have better stabilisation !!! end RTH fonction
I unsderstand that i cannot wire to servo for aileron on two different recever output if i want to use stabiliser expender but i need to revers one servo to have right way for this fonction ?
can i use output of Pro recorder for 1 right aileron servo and output of OSD for the left side servo and these one two different recever output to keed the setting from the emetter instead only having "mecanic " setting
I Expect you understand me and all my apologie for my poor english
best regard and thank to read your meaning
hi,
unfortunatelly the osd has only 1 plug for aileron or rudder .... maybe in a later software this issue may be solved due the use of the ppm-signal.

now you have to use a Y-cable to connect 2 servos to this output.
if you use only the osd you should connect the rudder for a good rth
if you use osd + guardian you should connect the ailerons.

if you mount the aileron-servos mirrored (both servo-horns showing to the wingtips or both showing to the fuselage) you donīt need to reverse one of them ... the servo-horns will move in different directions

itīs not good to connect one servo to the osd and another to the receiver ... in case of failsafe the plane will not react enough to the osdīs commands.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Apr 2009
45 Posts
I was wondering roughly how long it should take to pick up at least 7 sattlelites on the GPS, for the e-logger. It has been taking me at least 5-6 minutes. Is this normal, cause it seems kind of a long time for a clear sunny day.

Thanks,
Anthony
abreimeris is offline Find More Posts by abreimeris
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:19 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abreimeris View Post
I was wondering roughly how long it should take to pick up at least 7 sattlelites on the GPS, for the e-logger. It has been taking me at least 5-6 minutes. Is this normal, cause it seems kind of a long time for a clear sunny day.

Thanks,
Anthony
Once in a while; I have to pick the plane up off of the ground to speed up the satellite lock.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:22 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,870 Posts
G'day folks,

I've just bought an Altitude sensor and want to know if there is anything special I need to do with it or just activate it in the windows software and stick it in the fuse?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:32 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abreimeris View Post

Thanks,
Anthony
Hmm. The first time I powered mine up it got a lock while sitting in the cradle on my workbench in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
G'day folks,

I've just bought an Altitude sensor and want to know if there is anything special I need to do with it or just activate it in the windows software and stick it in the fuse?
No need to do anything special. As long as it is in the daisy chain it will be seen in the system. If you want your altitude ladder on the OSD to use the data from your sensor as oppsed to the GPS altitude, you need to change that in one of the on screen menus (sorry, I cant remember which menu). That is what I did.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe