HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
I want to congure my ET system through the USB for the first time. The manual does not say when to power on the R/C and OSD system.

Should the battery be connected to the Logger before I connect the USB?
No.. I do not use the battery when using the USB.
I have read some that have a problem and use the battery back up.
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
No.. I do not use the battery when using the USB.
I have read some that have a problem and use the battery back up.
Thanks for the response. Can you clarify your last sentance? Battery back up?
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Can you clarify your last sentance? Battery back up?
I never used it but if you read the manual I think it talk about it.

maybe someone could give mor info on this..
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:20 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuul View Post
Hi guys.
My system control er9x + Frsky, receiver D8R-II can flash with the function of PPM-sum in.
In the future the author intends the possibility of connecting receivers with PPM-sum?
1. Reduced the number of connected wires.
2. It is possible to connect individual aux1, aux2, and stabilization (for 6 or more channel transmitter) without mutations both schemes.
hatuul wrote this a while back. I'm particularly interested if and when ET OSD can use PPM sum as an input. Any updates?

Sub.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:20 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
hatuul wrote this a while back. I'm particularly interested if and when ET OSD can use PPM sum as an input. Any updates?

Sub.
You can do it now.

You need the Alpha software 10.25 onwards in this thread....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1459473

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=45
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:27 AM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
Quote:
I want to congure my ET system through the USB for the first time. The manual does not say when to power on the R/C and OSD system.

Should the battery be connected to the Logger before I connect the USB?
It was easy to figure out but it would be nice if the manual was more clear about having the battery connected or not. I hope Eagle Tree will consider adding language to the manual that is similar to this:

"After connecting everything together as described (in the manual) above, do not connect the battery yet. Just connect to the PC with the USB cable, start the configuration software and follow the prompts."

Or something like that....

As a highly experienced noob, if I am following an instruction manual for a new piece of equipment, having a clear description of when it is safe to connect power and/or to a PC is not an unreasonable thing to expect.
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:41 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
Espaņa, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
I have been trying the 10.25 software during 2 weeks and here is a complete flight, the only 2 problems are:
1- I made an error with the battery alarm, , so you can see a "BATTERY LOW" indicator from the beginning.
2- My ChainLink seems to have an altitude limit, each time I reach 1700m.

So here it is with my SkyWalker v5, SK3542-1250, Aeronaut 9.5x6", 2x4000 Turnigy 20-30C, CL, Kx181HQ Camera, 900Mhz 500mW HK Video TX ( no audio signal, possible defect of the TX), EE with 2 HK 900Mhz RX and one 12dbi patch ant. + EagletreeSystems Software v10.25, eLogger v4, OSD Pro, GPS v4, Guardian, Alt v4 and Spd v3, old CL 433Mhz Radio and Royal EVO PRO.
Max. Altitude Confirmed with CL long Ant. 1700m.
Tests: RTH OK, RSSI is OK, Guardian OK, EE OK, OSD OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bv1vkIFskK8
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:23 AM
AirLord
Slovenia
Joined Dec 2007
18 Posts
RTH and flying sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Do you have a Guardian installed?

If you have a Guardian installed and using a Flying wing model then you will be using unmixed inputs.
This means you should choose a model in the Flight Sim other than the Funjet.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff for the quick reply.

Yes I have the Guardian instaled and using umnixed inputs. Tonight I will try with other model in Flight Sim ... I hope it will work

Thanks and rgds
AirLord is offline Find More Posts by AirLord
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:20 PM
Dead_Stick_7060
Espaņa, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
How can I check if the audio is working? Can I connect a speaker directly to the Audio Output of the OSD?
Tku , Regards
Eric
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:49 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2 View Post
How can I check if the audio is working? Can I connect a speaker directly to the Audio Output of the OSD?
Tku , Regards
Eric
From what I remember a speaker no but an amplified speaker (or an audio amplifier) should do the job.

Vincent
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:31 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2 View Post
Tku , Regards
Eric
Yes, you can connect an amplified speaker. I use PC speakers - I modified them in two aspects:
1) remove the 3.5mm pin connector and repaced it with RCA connector
2) removed the 12V input barell connector and wired the power input line with the 3S LiPo power line of my GS.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
FPVPilot, How about now. The latest "alpha" version of our software (version 10.26) supports PC AHI display, when using the EagleEyes telemetry. To use it, install this version, update the OSD and eLogger firmware, enable the AHI instrument on the PC, and the PC AHI should match the onscreen AHI. Note as always that alpha software has not had a lot of testing, so please do thorough ground checks, etc.
Thanks got it and the AHI on the PC works great....but now my RSSI is not working on the OSD after the 10.26ver was installed. I reloaded my OSD configs that worked before with RSSI but now all I get on the OSD screen is a * in place of the numbers 0 to 100 I use to have. I checked my OSD settings and everything is set to RSSI at temp 1. I have 3volts at the loggers pin.
Any ideas?
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVpilot View Post
Thanks got it and the AHI on the PC works great....but now my RSSI is not working on the OSD after the 10.26ver was installed. I reloaded my OSD configs that worked before with RSSI but now all I get on the OSD screen is a * in place of the numbers 0 to 100 I use to have. I checked my OSD settings and everything is set to RSSI at temp 1. I have 3volts at the loggers pin.
Any ideas?
rerun Servo Analysis Wizard
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
I wondering is it better to use the 15K resistor and set the Temp1 to #2 batt. volts instead of RSSI and just see the RSSI voltage. My question is will the logger read low voltage like .80 to 4 volts accuratly. If so I'll just go that route with the 15k inline.
Thanks
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:44 AM
AirLord
Slovenia
Joined Dec 2007
18 Posts
RTH and flight sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLord View Post
Thanks Geoff for the quick reply.

Yes I have the Guardian instaled and using umnixed inputs. Tonight I will try with other model in Flight Sim ... I hope it will work

Thanks and rgds
Flight simulator working nice when sett on Easy star. RTH also works as it should in flight simulator . Now I must try it on the field for real ....will see what will happen...

Just one question: in situation if video link falls first and RC link still OK will RTH be triggered if invoked it by triming the throttle down to the filesafe position and return my plane home (safely to the distance when video link will recovered)?

Thanks and rgds
AirLord is offline Find More Posts by AirLord