HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:18 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
Like everyone, I have limited power available, and I've searched everywhere I can think of to find the current drain on the eagle tree osd pro-and for that matter, the rest of the system components- the e-logger gets quite warm just idling, so it's a significant draw.
Where to look?
hi,
use the logger to measure the current
if you use only one battery, connect all electronic to the esc-terminal on the logger, so you can see the draw all the time.
if you use different batteries, you can use the logger for a measurement.

my draw is 700mA with a 500mW transmitter ... so rc and osd may need app. 200mA.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
893 Posts
Eagle Tree PC AHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
The latest "alpha" version of our software (version 10.26) supports PC AHI display, when using the EagleEyes telemetry. this version

Awesome, billpa! I was just about to ask you guys about a due date for PC AHI.
I'm so excited .... and i just can't hide it
LaserBeam is online now Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here is using the Osd Pro RTH with a JR DSX9 using the Carlyle method to engage RTH? I've just got my hands on this radio and can't seem to set a functioning throttle cut. Any help would be awesome!
You should be able to achieve this easily with a DSX9.

Don't use a "Throttle Cut" function, use a custom mix on a switch of your choice.

This is not a Throttle cut function because if you throw the switch when the throttle is above idle RTH will not engage and the throttle wont cut.

Remember your not trying to cut the throttle, your trying to simulate your RC Rx going into Failsafe.

This also means that you can test RTH by throwing the switch and then moving the throttle above idle and back again to turn RTH on and off.

The way that I set it up is by using a custom mix program on my radio. Set up a mix of the throttle into its-self.

That is, mix throttle into throttle controlled by a two way switch.

Set it up such that with the mix switch in one position the throttle travel at idle is 0%, then, when the switch is toggled the throttle travel goes to negative 10%.

Set your throttle trim to 0.

It is then important to store this setting into the Failsafes of your transmitter because the OSD Pro has to see the same setting on the throttle when you force the OSD into RTH by Carlyle method, or if the OSD sees your RC receiver in Failsafe.

To store the setting in your Tx, flick the switch so you have -10% throttle travel and set all you Failsafes.

So, once you have the RTH setting set in the Failsafes, run the OSD Servo Analysis Wizard.

Put your RTH switch back to the normal flight position first.

You don't need to operate the switch during running the Servo Analysis wizard.

When you get to the part of turning your Tx off, the Rx will go into Failsafe and the OSD will see your throttle go to -10% and be memorised by your OSD.

Keep going through the rest of the wizard.

So now, only when the throttle stick is at idle and your RTH switch at normal flight position, you should have a 0% throttle travel.

If you flick the switch to RTH position, and still with the throttle stick at idle, you should now have a throttle travel of -10%.

And because you set this setting into the failsafe positions, if you turn your Tx off you will still have a -10% throttle position.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Last edited by garris2; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:26 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,308 Posts
hi Geoff,

exactly the same solution, like i described

but try to set the offset to the switch=off position and -150% mixing value ... the rth will activated with the switch AND in every position of the throttle stick.
imho the perfect "emergency switch"

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:50 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Hi all.

A little background info to support my question that follows:
I had managed to get a stable RSSI from the Turnigy9X V2 rc tx/rx system using a custom made electronic circuit (see this thread), and had several flights with my ET system while I was trying to fine-tune RTH. Then I decided to buy the Guardian, which I installed, and did the decessary firmware updates. Nothing else was changed on the plane. The Guardian works great during testing and fine-tuning up to now, but since I installed the Guardian, the RSSI values are fluctuating all over the place again, similar to when I was reading the RSSI of the rx without the extra electronic circuit prior to installing the guardian.
Question:
Did anything changed in the RSSI acuisition and display functions during the recent updates, or should I search the cause somewhere else?

Thanks,
Stavros
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
They secretly added 10.27 Alpha
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
You should be able to achieve this easily with a DSX9.

Don't use a "Throttle Cut" function, use a custom mix on a switch of your choice.

This is not a Throttle cut function because if you throw the switch when the throttle is above idle RTH will not engage and the throttle wont cut.

Remember your not trying to cut the throttle, your trying to simulate your RC Rx going into Failsafe.

This also means that you can test RTH by throwing the switch and then moving the throttle above idle and back again to turn RTH on and off.

The way that I set it up is by using a custom mix program on my radio. Set up a mix of the throttle into its-self.

That is, mix throttle into throttle controlled by a two way switch.

Set it up such that with the mix switch in one position the throttle travel at idle is 0%, then, when the switch is toggled the throttle travel goes to negative 10%.

Set your throttle trim to 0.

It is then important to store this setting into the Failsafes of your transmitter because the OSD Pro has to see the same setting on the throttle when you force the OSD into RTH by Carlyle method, or if the OSD sees your RC receiver in Failsafe.

To store the setting in your Tx, flick the switch so you have -10% throttle travel and set all you Failsafes.

So, once you have the RTH setting set in the Failsafes, run the OSD Servo Analysis Wizard.

Put your RTH switch back to the normal flight position first.

You don't need to operate the switch during running the Servo Analysis wizard.

When you get to the part of turning your Tx off, the Rx will go into Failsafe and the OSD will see your throttle go to -10% and be memorised by your OSD.

Keep going through the rest of the wizard.

So now, only when the throttle stick is at idle and your RTH switch at normal flight position, you should have a 0% throttle travel.

If you flick the switch to RTH position, and still with the throttle stick at idle, you should now have a throttle travel of -10%.

And because you set this setting into the failsafe positions, if you turn your Tx off you will still have a -10% throttle position.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

I'm aware of most of that information, but can you talk me through actually installing the mix for the negative throttle? This is the part I can't do my self.

Cheers,

Alan.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
I am trying to connect an ImmersionRC vTx into my ET OSD Pro system.

My vTx is supplied by a separate 12V battery. However the Camera is powered by 5V that comes from the vTx.

On Page 7 of the Eagle Tree OSD Pro manual it says about the pin-in and pin-out for the vTx: "The Ground and Signal pins are the only ones used by the OSD PRO, but the Power pins are connected together internally in the OSD PRO, for your convenience."
  1. If I am using a separate 12V battery for my video system, does the above statement from Page 7 mean that middle (power) pins are connected internally but isolated from the power of the OSD unit?

2. Also, the manual says the ground pins are used by the OSD but if my ground connection comes from the separate video battery, is it now connected to the common main battery ground through that pin?
How are people wiring separate vTx batteries?

Thanks,
-Todd
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hi Geoff,

I'm aware of most of that information, but can you talk me through actually installing the mix for the negative throttle? This is the part I can't do my self.

Cheers,

Alan.
For that you need to read the owners manual of the DSX9 of how to set up a mix.

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/jrpropo/DSX9.htm
http://www.macgregor.co.uk/support/r...SX9_manual.pdf

From page 65 of the manual tells us how to set up mixing

On page 66 the graphic shows the Master / Slave channels, you should choose THR -> THR and set the other values appropriately.

When your done you can observe the throttle output by going to the servo monitor screen and see what the throttle channel does when you toggle the switch.

With the throttle stick at idle, toggle the switch, you should aim for throttle alternating between 0% and -10%.

Or set it up like Thint1 suggests or what ever your liking is.

cheers
Geoff
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,054 Posts
That just means that the Video In power routes directly to the Video Out power. So it's just like you're connecting the VTx, Camera, and Video battery. I have virtually the same setup and I've wired it like this:

Video Battery -> VideoTx -> OSD Video Out/OSD Video In -> Camera

The only difference is that I have a selector switch on my Video Tx that can change the voltage from 5v to 12v output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
I am trying to connect an ImmersionRC vTx into my ET OSD Pro system.

My vTx is supplied by a separate 12V battery. However the Camera is powered by 5V that comes from the vTx.

On Page 7 of the Eagle Tree OSD Pro manual it says about the pin-in and pin-out for the vTx: "The Ground and Signal pins are the only ones used by the OSD PRO, but the Power pins are connected together internally in the OSD PRO, for your convenience."
  1. If I am using a separate 12V battery for my video system, does the above statement from Page 7 mean that middle (power) pins are connected internally but isolated from the power of the OSD unit?

2. Also, the manual says the ground pins are used by the OSD but if my ground connection comes from the separate video battery, is it now connected to the common main battery ground through that pin?
How are people wiring separate vTx batteries?

Thanks,
-Todd
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:15 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,889 Posts
I just tried a gear-throttle mix and it works on my bansai wing (I'm not at home, having my car detailed so I took the wing to pass time) so I've copied that mix on the Bixler memory so it should do the trick.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:41 AM
AirLord
Slovenia
Joined Dec 2007
18 Posts
RTH and

Hi guys!

I have a problem with simulator when trying to test RTH. Platform is flying wing, RC link is FR sky DR8 II telemetry receiver. Now I have 10.04 software release. Before 10.13 but problem was the same.

I set up RTH like in manuals:
a) Program your radio’s throttle failsafe as described in the paragraph below.
b) Set the “Choose Model Wing Type” to either “Standard” or “Elevon” in the Configure Radio Control menu.
c) Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PCM/FS” in the same menu
d) Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “1 FS Chns” in the same menu.
e) Set the “Select Desired Safety Mode” menu item in the Safety Mode menu to “Rtrn Home”
f) Read the additional information below, and then follow the remaining steps in the “RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures” section below.

I programmed throttle failsafe trimed farther to the off position than normal and then program throttle failsafe to that position. Then I returned
receiver to normal throttle. Then run again Servo Analysis Wizard just like in manuals. And RTH responds like it should.
Problem appears when I try to test the RTH using the simulator.
To point 5 "RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures"

1) Configure the Radio Control and RTH menu settings and run the Servo Analysis Wizard, as described above.
2) Display servo deflection information, by turning on the “Display Servo Deflections” display item, as described above. This will display the
movement of the servos, relative to the “zero” points established for level flight during the Wizard. These values are displayed both in normal
mode, and safety mode.
3) Now, turn off your transmitter (with your motor disconnected!). RTH should engage, and the “RTH Engaged” message should appear on the
video screen. If it does not appear, check the settings you entered for your radio type, etc. Warning: never turn off your transmitter while
your model is flying!
4) Turn on your transmitter. RTH should disengage (the RTH message should disappear form the screen). If RTH does not disengage, check your
settings again.
5) Invoke the Flight Simulator from the Main Menu, choosing one of the flight simulator profiles that is most similar to your plane. Note: if you
have a model that uses elevon or vtail mixing, and you are NOT using unmixed inputs with the Guardian, choose “Funjet.” The message
“Flight Simulator Active” should appear in the upper part of the screen.

every thing is OK but when I Invoke the Flight Simulator plane icon refuses to go like it should go, when I move aileron stick right or left plane icone not react. When I move down elevator (model climb) plane icon goes right and height increasing and when I move up elevator (model down) plane icon goes left and height decreasing.
I run Servo Analysis Wizard again and again (like in manuals) but does not help ...always the same...

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks and regards.
AirLord is offline Find More Posts by AirLord
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLord View Post
Hi guys!

I have a problem with simulator when trying to test RTH. Platform is flying wing, RC link is FR sky DR8 II telemetry receiver. Now I have 10.04 software release. Before 10.13 but problem was the same.

I set up RTH like in manuals:
a) Program your radio’s throttle failsafe as described in the paragraph below.
b) Set the “Choose Model Wing Type” to either “Standard” or “Elevon” in the Configure Radio Control menu.
c) Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PCM/FS” in the same menu
d) Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “1 FS Chns” in the same menu.
e) Set the “Select Desired Safety Mode” menu item in the Safety Mode menu to “Rtrn Home”
f) Read the additional information below, and then follow the remaining steps in the “RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures” section below.

I programmed throttle failsafe trimed farther to the off position than normal and then program throttle failsafe to that position. Then I returned
receiver to normal throttle. Then run again Servo Analysis Wizard just like in manuals. And RTH responds like it should.
Problem appears when I try to test the RTH using the simulator.
To point 5 "RTH Testing/Adjustment Procedures"

1) Configure the Radio Control and RTH menu settings and run the Servo Analysis Wizard, as described above.
2) Display servo deflection information, by turning on the “Display Servo Deflections” display item, as described above. This will display the
movement of the servos, relative to the “zero” points established for level flight during the Wizard. These values are displayed both in normal
mode, and safety mode.
3) Now, turn off your transmitter (with your motor disconnected!). RTH should engage, and the “RTH Engaged” message should appear on the
video screen. If it does not appear, check the settings you entered for your radio type, etc. Warning: never turn off your transmitter while
your model is flying!
4) Turn on your transmitter. RTH should disengage (the RTH message should disappear form the screen). If RTH does not disengage, check your
settings again.
5) Invoke the Flight Simulator from the Main Menu, choosing one of the flight simulator profiles that is most similar to your plane. Note: if you
have a model that uses elevon or vtail mixing, and you are NOT using unmixed inputs with the Guardian, choose “Funjet.” The message
“Flight Simulator Active” should appear in the upper part of the screen.

every thing is OK but when I Invoke the Flight Simulator plane icon refuses to go like it should go, when I move aileron stick right or left plane icone not react. When I move down elevator (model climb) plane icon goes right and height increasing and when I move up elevator (model down) plane icon goes left and height decreasing.
I run Servo Analysis Wizard again and again (like in manuals) but does not help ...always the same...

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks and regards.
Do you have a Guardian installed?

If you have a Guardian installed and using a Flying wing model then you will be using unmixed inputs.
This means you should choose a model in the Flight Sim other than the Funjet.

Geoff
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:43 PM
-.-
Tarifa, Spain
Joined Nov 2007
153 Posts
Hi everyone!!

I think I have a extrange issue. And I need some help.

I can hear the audio from microphone but I can NOT hear the vario or the voice alerts...

I checked the audio configuration menú (double check... triple check)... but every think looking like ok. all the mute are set to NO, voice alerts volume to 3, vario volume to 3 microphone volume to 1.

But only I hear the microphone, I put alerts to test of course, and I set the sinkrate to the lowest, just for check it but... nothing.

But the really extrange is I change de the OSD by other one I have, and I get the same problem.... I don't understand...

My setup is:elogger V3, OSD pro, guardian, altimeter, pilottube , temp A, temp B, rssi, camera sn777, amplified microphone, TX lawmate 1w 2,4 ghz, RX jelowjacket pro

Any Idea??

Thanks a lot
Kiof is offline Find More Posts by Kiof
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:48 PM
At peace with his albatross
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Oct 2003
2,290 Posts
I want to congure my ET system through the USB for the first time. The manual does not say when to power on the R/C and OSD system.

Should the battery be connected to the Logger before I connect the USB?
wannabe is offline Find More Posts by wannabe