Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
radian 4700
Canada, QC, Saint-Hyacinthe
Joined May 2011
172 Posts
"chasdabigone" thanks for the fast answer man!!!
francoishaha is offline Find More Posts by francoishaha
Last edited by francoishaha; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Sl4ppy,

Hey mate, I too have dramas with the Gps altitude. But in fairness to ET, GPS has and never will be accurate for altitude. To rectify this one must purchase the barometric altitude sensor which I will be doing next time I order stuff from HK.

Apparently it's so accurate it's give or take one foot!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Thanks Geoff, I'll look at them again.
Would be nice if there would be a way to adjust it on the computer.
Marc.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
The problem with that math is that in one direction the ground speed will more than the air speed and in the other direction the ground speed should be less than the airspeed.

In Picture's case he is reporting a ground speed in both directions above his airspeed.

I also have the pitot tube fitted and I clearly get a very consistent air/ground speed differential above and below when flying with/against the wind.

Check your silicon hoses for small airleaks.

Geoff
Here's what fixed mine when the airspeed was off.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7082

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Sl4ppy,

Hey mate, I too have dramas with the Gps altitude. But in fairness to ET, GPS has and never will be accurate for altitude. To rectify this one must purchase the barometric altitude sensor which I will be doing next time I order stuff from HK.

Apparently it's so accurate it's give or take one foot!
Thanks for the heads up!
sl4ppy is offline Find More Posts by sl4ppy
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
Thanks for the heads up!
Actually, the RESOLUTION is 1 foot, meaning it will display, for example, 189 feet or 190 or 191 feet in 1 foot increments. But the ACCURACY could be off by plus or minus 20 feet or more.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Last edited by balsabuster2004; Mar 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Back from vacation and still catching up! Let me know if I missed anything.

Floater73,
Quote:
If you renamed the Distance to Pilot OSD Screen Name on the Setup Utility then you need to search for that value. I use just "D" instead of "Dis". So I searched for <Features String="D ". My MaxTableOffset was set to 0 so I changed it to 56.
That is correct. The distance parameter needed to change, instead of the altitude.

texasdrifters,
Quote:
I second the motion for an Iphone App for the Eagle Tree osd. I am not interested in configuring the OSD Pro with my Iphone, but being able to readily use the Iphone for recovery of a down plane would be great. Really Great!
Thanks for this feedback! We are looking into a device that connects between the EagleEyes and your iPhone, and will do what you describe. But, if all you need is to see the last lat/lon position, you can connect our "powerpanel" LCD to the EagleEyes, and the location will be displayed. What do people think of these two options? A third option is that we build a telemetry receiver that is smaller than the EE, and only connects to iPhone. It would be a little less expensive than the EE, but would not have all the other features of the EE, of course. Feedback needed!

KIR2142,
Quote:
Please add a space after the voltmeter.
Will look into this.

TeamSherman, I watched your RTH video. I believe something is amiss, assuming you are using the Guardian. Do you get a "stabilizer disabled" message when you start up? Would you be able to create a video with the AHI display active if the problem is still happening? Disregard this if you don't have the Guardian.

FPVPilot,
Quote:
Ok thanks I was messing around with all 3 aircraft that have ET gear and was getting frustrated with not getting the AHI on the PC panel to function....nice to know its not me. I hope it won't be forgotten as my Laptop is used under my monitor for the gauges during my flights and like to have the OSD off most of the time but not if I lose the AHI.
How about now. The latest "alpha" version of our software (version 10.26) supports PC AHI display, when using the EagleEyes telemetry. To use it, install this version, update the OSD and eLogger firmware, enable the AHI instrument on the PC, and the PC AHI should match the onscreen AHI. Note as always that alpha software has not had a lot of testing, so please do thorough ground checks, etc.

sfakias,
Quote:
Keep in mind that apart from AHI, RSSI and second and third voltage monitoring do not display properly with the PC panel either. I
We'll get the RSSI and secondary voltages working with the EE as soon as we can. These are a bit more challenging since they are overloads of existing functions.

gromitvt10,
Quote:
Having an issue with my OSD, i have it set for Elevon for my Zephyr II, seems to work OK (surfaces move in the correct directions) but when i go to simulator and select Funjet like the manual says (for elevon) the inputs i put in don't work. In other words the simulator model just flys straight. The model surfaces move but the simulator doesn't respond. But...when i put it on Easystar everything works fine. Why is that? The RTH works in easystar but not in Funjet.
The OSD requires unmixed inputs for Guardian stabilization with elevon models (as you know). So, in this case, the Funjet will not work, since the inputs are not mixed. We've updated the manual to make this more clear.
Quote:
Issue 2: My Eagle Eyes ground station keeps beeping at me and the telemetry light is out but i'm clearing receiving telemetry because i see it on the screen. I've updated everything to the latest software, any ideas whats wrong?
When you say you see telemetry on the screen, do you mean the PC screen? Or, are you referring to the text that is displaying on the video screen? And, how many beeps does it make (4 in a row, etc.?)

Mike, nice photo.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
The latest "alpha" version of our software (version 10.26) supports PC AHI display, when using the EagleEyes telemetry.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
Thanks for the heads up!
No worries mate any time!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
30 Posts
Garris

You're right. What was I thinking?

Proves one thing. Not the first time I've been wrong and as long as I'm upright and breathing, it certainly won't be the last.

Thanks for the catch.
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:33 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

FPVPilot, How about now. The latest "alpha" version of our software (version 10.26) supports PC AHI display, when using the EagleEyes telemetry. To use it, install this version, update the OSD and eLogger firmware, enable the AHI instrument on the PC, and the PC AHI should match the onscreen AHI. Note as always that alpha software has not had a lot of testing, so please do thorough ground checks, etc.

Thanks,

Mine works!

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:49 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Hi Bill,

Here is something that you should be aware of...

When a Low RSSI alarm is set; it triggers the alarm, but is displayed in voltage.

Thanks for all you do.

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:04 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone here is using the Osd Pro RTH with a JR DSX9 using the Carlyle method to engage RTH? I've just got my hands on this radio and can't seem to set a functioning throttle cut. Any help would be awesome!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:57 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
I'm wondering if anyone here is using the Osd Pro RTH with a JR DSX9 using the Carlyle method to engage RTH? I've just got my hands on this radio and can't seem to set a functioning throttle cut. Any help would be awesome!
Hi,
i use a "Graupner MX22", this tx is built from jr for the graupner company in germany. as far as i know there is the same firmware used - only translated to german.

i donīt use the "throttle cut". thats too much fiddeling around with the trim and dial of input 9.
i use a switch and programmed one of the free programmable mixers.
go into the mix-menu "free mix" (name may be not exactly like in you menus, because i translated from german to english) - choose a mix and assign a switch of your choice to throttle - go to the graphical mix-screen and set the offset to the switch=off position - choose symmetrical mix and -150%.

control the function in the servo-monitor: the throttle channel should go to "full negative" every time you activate the switch, regardeless in which position your stick is.

program the receiverīs failsafe with the switch activated. do the rc wizzard of the osd again (switch off the tx when you are asked, the rx will go to the stored failsafe).

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:54 AM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
467 Posts
Like everyone, I have limited power available, and I've searched everywhere I can think of to find the current drain on the eagle tree osd pro-and for that matter, the rest of the system components- the e-logger gets quite warm just idling, so it's a significant draw.
Where to look?
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22