Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
Send me a pm and I will email you my file from the er9x
Ive been helped by a true gentleman and a scholar this morning via skype!

He has set up his SkyWalker (but im using settings for my Bixler, as im taking a step back from the SW due to all the bad luck ive had with it) with Osd Pro, and is using the ER9X FW with the 3-way switch and knob for gain control, along with Carlyle method on the aileron dual rates switch.

And the rudder dual rates switch de-activates the rudder and controls pan, and sets the throttle at 50%, but this is relevant for mode 2 flyers, as my throttle is on the opposite side where it SHOULD be! LOL

Im going to not use the throttle 50% mix though.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:35 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
It's used with the LCD screen to display LAT /LONG
Ooops...I missed that. Now I recall that this was implemented in a firmware update at a point.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Dec 2008
3,370 Posts
Very handy feature . Holds the last recieved coordinates even when the signal is lost
cody069 is offline Find More Posts by cody069
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
radian 4700
Canada, QC, Saint-Hyacinthe
Joined May 2011
173 Posts
i just buy the eagle tree OSD pro today, and i but the gps and the micro power E logger. And i would like to know if there is anything else i should buy to proprely make the plane back home with the auto pilot?
francoishaha is offline Find More Posts by francoishaha
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:26 AM
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Sep 2007
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoishaha View Post
i just buy the eagle tree OSD pro today, and i but the gps and the micro power E logger. And i would like to know if there is anything else i should buy to proprely make the plane back home with the auto pilot?
the guardian will keep your plane more stable and less likely to crash, but in most cases is not necessary
chasdabigone is offline Find More Posts by chasdabigone
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:52 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Took my skywalker for a fly yesterday, with allmy ET equipment on board. Have flown a few times but left some parts of my setup un-tested. Yesterday was the first time I tried with Heading Hold on and Stabilisation turned on. I was impressed with the stabilisation on take off as it kept the wing nice and level when I hand launched. I also tested RTH for the first time, I was flying LOS whilst testing it. The plane turned towards home really well and the throttle came on to hold the altitude which seemed to be ok, but the plane flew over me and didnt show signs of turning back to circle. maybe I should have left it to see if I was going to get a turn but I didnt trust it. I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that there is an issue with RTH and Head Holding mode. Can someone confirm this please
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:57 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
and I trust that BillPa is working to fulfill the long list of our demands, sooner or later!

Regards,
Stavros
This is True....just had one of those moments of ranting off. Even if the AHI gauge doesn't work it's still some of the best gear out.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:43 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
10.4, 10.6 or 10.8 version

What Version....I was on the ET site and checked for updates only to find ver.10.4 was the latest but I noticed I have firmware version 10.8 (CD) and my other laptop has ver.10.6 (downloaded 11-11) so I don't understand why my ET CD has a newer version then what is available from the site.
??? is should I go back to 10.4....was there issues with 10.6 and 10.8.
Thanks
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:31 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_lazerous View Post
Took my skywalker for a fly yesterday, with allmy ET equipment on board. Have flown a few times but left some parts of my setup un-tested. Yesterday was the first time I tried with Heading Hold on and Stabilisation turned on. I was impressed with the stabilisation on take off as it kept the wing nice and level when I hand launched. I also tested RTH for the first time, I was flying LOS whilst testing it. The plane turned towards home really well and the throttle came on to hold the altitude which seemed to be ok, but the plane flew over me and didnt show signs of turning back to circle. maybe I should have left it to see if I was going to get a turn but I didnt trust it. I think I read somewhere earlier in this thread that there is an issue with RTH and Head Holding mode. Can someone confirm this please
hi,
yes, there are reports of issues with the rth when headinghold is activated, but only "out" of the home-radius.
the reports described that the plan began to circle as soon as rth is activated, mostly under windy conditions.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
First I should say that I am running the latest firmware, etc...

I'm having trouble with my GPS expander accurately calculating altitude. If I reset the home position so distance and altitude both read zero with 6-10 GPS satellites visible, the altitude takes several minutes of flying around to "lock-in". On my quad, it can be almost half a battery before the altitude doesn't read something ridiculous like 8 feet when I'm clearly over 30 or 40 feet.

It will eventually zero in on the correct altitude, but it definitely takes a while (2-4 minutes generally) and causes my Eagle Eyes tracker to rarely tilt correctly while tracking.

I've also noticed that frequently I have to reset the home position 6-10 times over the course of 5 minutes or so at startup. The first 5-9 times, there is significant 'drift' in both the distance and altitude reading; anything from 0-50 feet in distance and up to 30 feet of altitude. After resetting it enough, it will eventually stop the "drift". Similarly, if after resetting enough to eliminate the drift and 6-8 minutes of flying, returning to my starting point often reports a position 30-50 away from what it should be and 20-50 feet higher or lower.

My GPS antenna is as far out on an arm of the quad as I can get it with the vTX on the opposite arm, and the rcRX in the middle of the quad. The distance from the vTx to the GPS is a bit over a foot, and the rcRx to the GPS is about 8-10 inches.

Any tips? Thanks!
sl4ppy is offline Find More Posts by sl4ppy
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Hi guys.
My system control er9x + Frsky, receiver D8R-II can flash with the function of PPM-sum in.
In the future the author intends the possibility of connecting receivers with PPM-sum?
1. Reduced the number of connected wires.
2. It is possible to connect individual aux1, aux2, and stabilization (for 6 or more channel transmitter) without mutations both schemes.
hatuul is offline Find More Posts by hatuul
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to calibrate the airspeed on e eagle tree. Mine is about 9 to 10 mph slow. I've tried all different angles on the wing & changing the lines..
I only ask because as I'm flying out, it shows 40 mph airspeed & 44mph ground speed. If I turn around at the same alt. I have 40 mph on airspeed & 64 ground speed.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Feb 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
Anyone know if it is possible to calibrate the airspeed on e eagle tree. Mine is about 9 to 10 mph slow. I've tried all different angles on the wing & changing the lines..
I only ask because as I'm flying out, it shows 40 mph airspeed & 44mph ground speed. If I turn around at the same alt. I have 40 mph on airspeed & 64 ground speed.
It is possible to have a greater speed increase downwind that a speed decrease in the upwind. Theoretically, they should only be the same when you are flying directly parallel with the wind direction.
sl4ppy is offline Find More Posts by sl4ppy
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
That looks like you are flying in a 10mph breeze. Against the wind will subtract 10 and with the wind will add 10, hence the 20 split between the two ground speeds. Ground and air speed very rarely match up. Altitude also affects airspeed. The higher you are the slower the airspeed due to thinner air creating less pressure in the pitot tube.

Temperature also affects airspeed in a similar way. In the full size world, airspeed is referred to as Indicated Airspeed (IAS) unless all correction factors have been applied, then it becomes CAS.
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon65 View Post
That looks like you are flying in a 10mph breeze. Against the wind will subtract 10 and with the wind will add 10, hence the 20 split between the two ground speeds. Ground and air speed very rarely match up. Altitude also affects airspeed. The higher you are the slower the airspeed due to thinner air creating less pressure in the pitot tube.

Temperature also affects airspeed in a similar way. In the full size world, airspeed is referred to as Indicated Airspeed (IAS) unless all correction factors have been applied, then it becomes CAS.
The problem with that math is that in one direction the ground speed will more than the air speed and in the other direction the ground speed should be less than the airspeed.

In Picture's case he is reporting a ground speed in both directions above his airspeed.

I also have the pitot tube fitted and I clearly get a very consistent air/ground speed differential above and below when flying with/against the wind.

Check your silicon hoses for small airleaks.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2