Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:14 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
You can check voltage at the camera.

It usually needs to have a power supply brought to it. If you check the power, then you will know for sure.

also make sure that your VTx and VRx are on the same channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
I've wired up the OSD Pro and done the initial screen configuration, but I'm not getting any video. Polarity on the Video In/Video Out wiring is correct, so I'm not sure what to do.

Is there some step that must be completed before video will be displayed?

What voltage does the camera run on? Does the OSD just pass through the video Tx power to the camera, or does it reduce it somehow?

The reason I ask is that my Video Tx has a power in, then powers the camera on a separate cable. So for the OSD setup, the 3-pin connector on the right is connected to the Video Out, and the Video In is connected to the camera. Is this correct, or do I need to power the camera directly, not through the OSD. FWIW, my camera runs on 12v.

m_beeson is online now Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:21 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
You can check voltage at the camera.

It usually needs to have a power supply brought to it. If you check the power, then you will know for sure.

also make sure that your VTx and VRx are on the same channel.
Thanks, the Vtx and VRx are on the same channel. The VTx is locked to 1280, and the VRx is matched. Prior to this, without the OSD, the camera and video transmission was working fine. The only thing I can think of is that my soldering isn't correct, or the voltage feeding the camera isn't correct. On page 7 of the manual, it states that the voltage from the video Tx is wired directly to the Video In circuit.

EDIT:
Problem 1 - Needed to configure a few more things on the OSD
Problem 2 - Loose camera wire where it plugs into the camera board.

Fixed both of those problems and now I have video! Now on to configuring failsafes and RTH...

TwoHeadsBrewing is online now Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by TwoHeadsBrewing; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:40 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Quote:
Don't jump the gun on the derivative gain. If it flies good and doesn't porpoise then don't adjust it.
I was just telling you something to be aware of so you know how to remedy it if it happens.

But,
You should increase pitch proportional gain. That will make it perform the way that you want it to.

The increase will probably be fairly drastic (10 points or more),
but after you get it to fly level,
then take it above the RTH altitude and let it decend until it meets that altitude.
If it seeks that altitude then you are alright.
If it doesn't seek that altitude then you need to increase it a little more.

Side Note* Don't use full throttle for climb, just use a throttle setting that will allow it to climb without overpowering it.

that will get your plane doing what it is supposed to do.

-Mike

M. Beeson, you Sir, are a gem! Adjusted the plane characteristics as suggested and when I add a little throttle from cruise it climbs and it's not even pulling bugger all amps too!

Only thing it is doing is zig zagging on it's way home, I'd say about 50-75 metres to each side but it is reaching home and doing a u-turn and heading off a little then turning again.

So the only thing I'd like to know how to settle is the zig zagging.

Any ideas?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:21 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
are you using ailerons? or rudder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
M. Beeson, you Sir, are a gem! Adjusted the plane characteristics as suggested and when I add a little throttle from cruise it climbs and it's not even pulling bugger all amps too!

Only thing it is doing is zig zagging on it's way home, I'd say about 50-75 metres to each side but it is reaching home and doing a u-turn and heading off a little then turning again.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:12 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
I'm using ailerons my friend.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
I'm using ailerons my friend.
If you can post your config file, and remind me which airframe you are using, I can take a look at it.

I've got a couple of things running around in my head, but i'm not sure which direction to take.

-Mike
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:29 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
It's a skywalker but as for settings, I'll take a picture of the safety config a little later when I get home.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:45 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
It's a skywalker but as for settings, I'll take a picture of the safety config a little later when I get home.
that should do, or
if you have saved your settings, you can post that file.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:42 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Actually, I'll just remove the osd from the plane and save/post the file.

Cheers,

TS.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:09 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Computer is being used so it was easier to just get a photo of my RTH settings as they are now. I don't want to touch altitude, pitch or throttle settings as they are all working great, I just want to stop the plane zig zagging!

Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:39 AM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:

Any ideas?
Does the zig-zagging occur with the same time the throttle goes from low to high to maintain altitude during cruise? If it does then it is a motor torque issue. I've seen it on my SW too.
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
My understanding is that in order to control the direction the plane flys, controlling with the rudder is MUCH better than trying to turn with the ailerons.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Computer is being used so it was easier to just get a photo of my RTH settings as they are now. I don't want to touch altitude, pitch or throttle settings as they are all working great, I just want to stop the plane zig zagging!

I would set these setting to default:

Pitch Derivative Gain
Turn Integral Gain
Turn Derivative Gain

Let me know it this does the job, or if we still need to fine tune it...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:09 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,783 Posts
Quote:
I would set these setting to default:

Pitch Derivative Gain
Turn Integral Gain
Turn Derivative Gain

Let me know it this does the job, or if we still need to fine tune it...
I'll do this today and see how I go, but I really don't want to touch the pitch settings as it is flying nice and level. And what does derivative mean?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
DL rssi and OSDpro

Anyone using the DragonLink RSSI with ET gear. I went through all the info but can't get it to work. I also run the wizard with the new RSSI hooked up. When I set Temp 1 to RSSI and connect to the center pin my amps spike and battery voltage goes up from 12 to 20 on the OSDpro screen....Ive read where the new DL 12c has buffering now so no need for the DPCAV buffer....is this correct or do I need to get the buffer.
Thanks.
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot