HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:43 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

mentony32, Sorry, I missed these reports earlier. The simplest way to resolve this now is to edit the config file (.txt) and look for the line <Features String="Dis" ... MaxTableOffset="0" .... and change the MaxTableOffset value from "0" to "56". Alternatively, if you wait until we post software version 10.26 or later, this will be automatically corrected. The issue is that your OSD was configured before we started saving the max distance last year, and you haven't created your config from scratch since then (nothing wrong with that!).

If you renamed the Distance to Pilot OSD Screen Name on the Setup Utility then you need to search for that value. I use just "D" instead of "Dis". So I searched for <Features String="D ". My MaxTableOffset was set to 0 so I changed it to 56.

Bill,

After looking at this more closely could it be that the Altitude (Type="2") should be offset 56 and Distance to Pilot (Type="42") should be 0? The altitude readout is the one that's incorrect.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Last edited by Floater73; Mar 10, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm at the field now and need to know quickly how to access the menu where I can have return to home active under 60? I've looked all through the menus but can't find it!

A swift response will earn you a gift!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hi folks,

I'm at the field now and need to know quickly how to access the menu where I can have return to home active under 60? I've looked all through the menus but can't find it!

try sensors and Units menu
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Wilco. Out.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hi folks,

hi,
use the menu "Sensors and Units" there youll find "Enable low altidude RTH" "yes" switches off the security limit.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Done! Thankyou, my RTH is great but it's coming in a bit low so I've adjusted the minimum altitude and will test again now.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
BILLPA, I sent you a PM.
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:21 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
use the menu "Sensors and Units" there youll find "Enable low altidude RTH" "yes" switches off the security limit.

cheers Thomas
Thanks again lostheli and Thint1, you both get my gift of thanks! Lol

Thint1, thanks for helping me out with the RTH settings a week or do back, only thing I had to change was the cruise and home location altitudes, everything else works a treat!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:00 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoRpiUs2009 View Post
hey guys im having an issue that i cant work out, im getting an error msg when i turn on my plane on the OSD splash screen saying "aileron or elevator undetected" .

i recently had a servo fail and put 2 new servos in just in case other failed as well.

ive pulled out all servo plugs and put them back in and replaced my receiver, even tested on 2 other servos but still no play coming from the osd connected wires.

ive connected the servos directly to my RX and they work fine, ive ran the wizard many times after connecting a new options but still nothing.

Also tried a complete reset not just osd but full system.

ive got no mixing on my radio and the osd is set up for elevon, running osd 2.51 with data 10.04

any ideas how to fix this, it all started when i replaced 2 servos without touching anything on the osd
plugged in backwards? ground goes closest to board.

Bad plug?

You got me...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
I'm setting up ppm.
I see I only need power & signal to the OSD. If I only use signal it doesn't work.
I do have a spare channel used to power my rec.
Marc
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grijoti View Post
Thanks for the reply .... will check the OSD black and white levels for the sound noises Iīm hearing.
As for the OSD Iphone app, I ment to say that whatīs missing is an app that enables you to connect the audio cable to the Iphone, in order for you to track your plane location by map, so that if you crash, itīs easier to find with an Iphone in your hand. Just discovered that the app that I downloaded is for the EZOSD not OSD PRO !!! Not everybody carries the PC to the field, and if you need to be searching for you model in the woods, its much more easier to have an Iphone/Ipad in your hand and just follow the map with GPRS internet connected ... you could even charge for this app, shure lots of people would buy it! More then 70% of the users have an Iphone also .. I bet!

http://vimeo.com/5409294

Cheers from Portugal
I second the motion for an Iphone App for the Eagle Tree osd. I am not interested in configuring the OSD Pro with my Iphone, but being able to readily use the Iphone for recovery of a down plane would be great. Really Great!

Regards,
Hector
texasdrifters is offline Find More Posts by texasdrifters
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
307 Posts
Mike, you were absolutely correct. Thank you so much for your help.

The new Dragonlink 12-channel receiver has a standard 3-pin servo style line up for RSSI out. I kept using a servo cord to connect it to the OSD. Switching it back and forth, all without luck. Of course, the middle power pin on the DL was going to the middle power pin on the OSD and 'bzzzzzt' faulty RSSI reading ad nauseum.

Found the signal pin out on the DL RSSI, connected it to the power pin on Temp A and success at last. Again, thank you for your help in fixing a problem that had vexed me for no less than 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Bill,

I think I know what is going on...

I saw this before with range link. He thought he had the pin in the correct place, but He was not actually hooked to the RSSI out signal pin. double check and make sure that you have RSSI in the center on the osd, and on the correct pin for your reciever.

I'll bet you are on the power pin, which would explain the display of 100% when you plug it in after the osd is plugged in,

but when you run servo analysis wizzard the voltage never drops during "transmitter off" phase, so it doesn't have a change to compare between good and bad signal.

-Mike
Infernal Bill is offline Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
I'll third the iPhone app too! Hell yeah that would be sweet as!

How would one connect the iPhone to get relevant info though?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
231 Posts
If you use an Eagle Eyes with a Power Panel LCD Expander you can just type the coordinates into your iPhone and off you go. The problem with this is that if you lose your video link (eg a fault, low altitude at distance) the coordinates on the Power Panel LCD will stop updating and they could be a fair way off your crash/landing site. If you are in cell/mobile phone range, a $60 GSM GPS tracker (assuming it survives) gets you to 5-10m of the carnage. Most of my FPV buddies won't fly without one now, and a few months ago one saved us a fully decked out FPV Cularis (>$3k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdrifters View Post
I second the motion for an Iphone App for the Eagle Tree osd. I am not interested in configuring the OSD Pro with my Iphone, but being able to readily use the Iphone for recovery of a down plane would be great. Really Great!

Regards,
Hector
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Last edited by mentony32; Mar 11, 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: .
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post
Mike, you were absolutely correct. Thank you so much for your help.

The new Dragonlink 12-channel receiver has a standard 3-pin servo style line up for RSSI out. I kept using a servo cord to connect it to the OSD. Switching it back and forth, all without luck. Of course, the middle power pin on the DL was going to the middle power pin on the OSD and 'bzzzzzt' faulty RSSI reading ad nauseum.

Found the signal pin out on the DL RSSI, connected it to the power pin on Temp A and success at last. Again, thank you for your help in fixing a problem that had vexed me for no less than 2 weeks!
Bill,

I saw that very situation with one of the local FPV'ers a couple of weeks ago, but when I red your issues it took me a couple of days to put two and two together.

It finally sunk in...

I'm glad you found it.

-Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson