SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2 View Post
Hi
Is it possible, with the OSD Pro and a 3 Pos. Switch to switch between, OSD ON/OFF and diff. pages manually??
I am going crazy trying to do this without success, any idea?
Tku
Regards
Eric
yes.

3Pos
Aux2 for guardian

move switch from center to away from you and you open the menu.
move switch to you and page turns.

to set this up you must enable the option to turn the osd off. also, if you are paging with the switch, you need to setup pages in the pc software
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post
The funny thing is that RSSI shows fine when I first plug in. It's only after I run the servo wizard that it goes to 1.

I've sent my set file and config file to ET, but have not yet heard back.
Bill...this has happened to me a few times too.

save the config.
reset all factory settings and then run the wizard before you upload the config.

test rssi.

for me, I had corupt config file when i tried importing it back in.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Mar 09, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
300 Posts
Thanks Greg. I'll give that a try (Save Config, then reset all factory settings, then run wizard, then upload the confi file). I would have thought that the config file included the wizard settings but maybe not. Crossing my fingers...
Infernal Bill is online now Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:03 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Greg. I'll give that a try (Save Config, then reset all factory settings, then run wizard, then upload the confi file). I would have thought that the config file included the wizard settings but maybe not. Crossing my fingers...
hi,
don´t safe the corrupt settings. the config file includes the wizzard´s values.
the factory reset will correct the corrupted items and if u restore a old config your personal adjustments are stored again, and you need not to do all from the start again. but you will have to rerun the wizzard.
do the wizzard with the "old" method and use your rx. sometimes the pc-wizzard fail.

cheers Thomas

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
All, a quick clarification on serial PPM that has caused some confusion. If your ESC is not providing power (ie, a separate BEC is used), or you do not have the ESC connected to throttle out (i.e., nitro) then you need to make sure that the single SPPM connection from you Rx to the OSD Pro has both ground and power, as well as signal lines. Otherwise, your servos will not be powered. In other words, 5V-6V needs to be applied to at least one of the servo in/out connections of the OSD pro for your servos to be powered. I've amended my original instructions to reference this.

mentony32,
Quote:
At the end of my last 2 flights the summary has reported the maximum distance where the baro altitude should be?
Sorry, I missed these reports earlier. The simplest way to resolve this now is to edit the config file (.txt) and look for the line <Features String="Dis" ... MaxTableOffset="0" .... and change the MaxTableOffset value from "0" to "56". Alternatively, if you wait until we post software version 10.26 or later, this will be automatically corrected. The issue is that your OSD was configured before we started saving the max distance last year, and you haven't created your config from scratch since then (nothing wrong with that!).

catamar, re the issue you're having on running the servo analysis wizard on the PC, can you try these steps:
1) disconnect the Guardian from the OSD
2) confirm on the serial PPM page that your serial PPM is still set up correctly, and the servos are moving correctly.
3) rerun the servo analyis wizard in the PC software
4) Click "ok", reconnect your guardian, and then verify that everything is working correctly with serial PPM.
Pls let me know whether this resolves the issue!

Infernal Bill,
Quote:
Long story short, it seems as though the new Dragonlink firmware upgrade doesn't play well with the Servo Wizard. When I slap the new DL into my existing gear, everything works great (including RSSI showing up correctly) until I run the Servo Wizard whereupon RSSI just shows up as "1".
That's odd. Here are a couple of notes, that may help:
1) In our official 10.04 release build, RSSI detection will not work correctly when you run the PC version of the servo analysis wizard. You will indeed end up with a "1" I believe.
2) In the 10.25+ alpha version, RSSI should work correctly with the PC servo analysis wizard. But, you will need to rerun the wizard after installation. I'm not clear if you did this?
Note that we still haven't officially documented the PC version of the wizard. We're waiting for it to go through a full beta cycle before doing so.
Quote:
When you reload the config, the new values captured by the servo analysis wizard will be overwritten by the values in the saved config, if you follow that sequence. It should work if you:
a) reset (not needed, though)
b) load prior config
c) run the servo wizard
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Mar 09, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:19 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
If I am understanding this correctly, then

People were running a single (signal) wire from receiver to OSD for SPPM.

and in doing so; they failed to supply power as they had previously, through the servo wires.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Mike,

Yes, that's correct. I had mentioned in my original instructions that the power wire of the SPPM connection was not needed, which is sometimes incorrect.
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
300 Posts
Thanks for the input but it's still stuck. To try to really put a fine point on it, here is exactly what I just did:

1. Conduct a factory reset of the OSD parameters.

2. Change the following onscreen parameters: wing is set for elevon, inputs are set for 3 position and Temp 1 to Show RSSI is set to yes.

3. Turn everything on and I can see RSSI on the screen as a *.

4. Run Servo Wizard from my radio.

5. After servo wizard RSSI shows as 1.

I went back and tried the exact same thing but ran servo wizard with the PC and RSSI still shows as 1 after running the servo wizard. I'm stumped.
Infernal Bill is online now Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:39 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Bill,

I think I know what is going on...

I saw this before with range link. He thought he had the pin in the correct place, but He was not actually hooked to the RSSI out signal pin. double check and make sure that you have RSSI in the center on the osd, and on the correct pin for your reciever.

I'll bet you are on the power pin, which would explain the display of 100% when you plug it in after the osd is plugged in,

but when you run servo analysis wizzard the voltage never drops during "transmitter off" phase, so it doesn't have a change to compare between good and bad signal.

-Mike

Quote:
Thanks for the input but it's still stuck. To try to really put a fine point on it, here is exactly what I just did:

1. Conduct a factory reset of the OSD parameters.

2. Change the following onscreen parameters: wing is set for elevon, inputs are set for 3 position and Temp 1 to Show RSSI is set to yes.

3. Turn everything on and I can see RSSI on the screen as a *.

4. Run Servo Wizard from my radio.

5. After servo wizard RSSI shows as 1.

I went back and tried the exact same thing but ran servo wizard with the PC and RSSI still shows as 1 after running the servo wizard. I'm stumped.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Last edited by m_beeson; Mar 09, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:48 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Rssi pin on rangelink is top pin closest to the antenna port 3rd from the left. Mine works great.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Mordialloc
Joined Aug 2009
1,071 Posts
hey guys im having an issue that i cant work out, im getting an error msg when i turn on my plane on the OSD splash screen saying "aileron or elevator undetected" .

i recently had a servo fail and put 2 new servos in just in case other failed as well.

ive pulled out all servo plugs and put them back in and replaced my receiver, even tested on 2 other servos but still no play coming from the osd connected wires.

ive connected the servos directly to my RX and they work fine, ive ran the wizard many times after connecting a new options but still nothing.

Also tried a complete reset not just osd but full system.

ive got no mixing on my radio and the osd is set up for elevon, running osd 2.51 with data 10.04

any ideas how to fix this, it all started when i replaced 2 servos without touching anything on the osd
ScoRpiUs2009 is offline Find More Posts by ScoRpiUs2009
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Apr 2011
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoRpiUs2009 View Post
hey guys I'm having an issue that i cant work out, I'm getting an error msg when i turn on my plane on the OSD splash screen saying "aileron or elevator undetected" .

i recently had a servo fail and put 2 new servos in just in case other failed as well.

ive pulled out all servo plugs and put them back in and replaced my receiver, even tested on 2 other servos but still no play coming from the osd connected wires.

ive connected the servos directly to my RX and they work fine, ive ran the wizard many times after connecting a new options but still nothing.

Also tried a complete reset not just osd but full system.

ive got no mixing on my radio and the osd is set up for elevon, running osd 2.51 with data 10.04

any ideas how to fix this, it all started when i replaced 2 servos without touching anything on the osd
I will get this same error on occasions. My issue was that I was powering up the airplane before the radio. Now, when I turn on the radio first, then the plane, I do not get the error message.
As a suggestion, I am one that thinks anytime you do any modifications to the plane, I always run the servo wizard. This way any changes are communicated to the OSD Pro.

Good Luck,
Hector
texasdrifters is offline Find More Posts by texasdrifters
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Mordialloc
Joined Aug 2009
1,071 Posts
thanx but my radio is always on before turning on the radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdrifters View Post
I will get this same error on occasions. My issue was that I was powering up the airplane before the radio. Now, when I turn on the radio first, then the plane, I do not get the error message.
As a suggestion, I am one that thinks anytime you do any modifications to the plane, I always run the servo wizard. This way any changes are communicated to the OSD Pro.

Good Luck,
Hector
ScoRpiUs2009 is offline Find More Posts by ScoRpiUs2009
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, FL, St Cloud
Joined Dec 2011
74 Posts
I have inadvertently changed the switch used to access the on screen menu from AUX 1... to a 3 way toggle (which I do not have). I can not activate the onscreen menu now.
Everything has been fine until I did this.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?
Pathfinder22 is online now Find More Posts by Pathfinder22
Last edited by Pathfinder22; Mar 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, FL, St Cloud
Joined Dec 2011
74 Posts
Nevermind. Hooked OSD up with with USB and figured it out.
Pathfinder22 is online now Find More Posts by Pathfinder22