HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:54 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadsteve View Post
Didn't get a reply.to this earlier: can anyone give an answer?
Do any 'regular' rx's have serial PPM out or do you have to go hacking into the rx to get the serial ppm output straight from the chip?

No! What rec are you using .
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:59 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Ok so, I'm a little worried about my RTH. I have it set up using the Carlyle method and tonight I was testing it to make sure it would activate when I throttled down and it does, but if I touch any of the controls it de-activates, but when the sticks are left to settle again it activates again. Is this normal or do I have to change a setting somewhere?
Just remember if you do NOT have your RTH set to work under 65 Feet. And if you leave the Carlyle method on and fly under 65 feet you will not have any throttle untill you turn off the Carlyle method.
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Palos Verdes
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
Is anyone else having that problem with RSSI showing up as "1"?

I noted the issue was discussed a couple of months back but haven't heard anything since. Specifically, I have 2 FPV setups on a Twinstar and now a Zephyr. My LRS is Dragonlink. Long story short, it seems as though the new Dragonlink firmware upgrade doesn't play well with the Servo Wizard. When I slap the new DL into my existing gear, everything works great (including RSSI showing up correctly) until I run the Servo Wizard whereupon RSSI just shows up as "1".

If I run the Servo Wizard from the PC, not only does RSSI revert to "1" but the right elevon on the Zephy starts spasming uncontrollably until I run the Wizard from the radio.

I submitted a ticket and haven't heard from the Eagle Tree crew for a week and a half now. I tried exercising some self help yesterday and updated to the latest alpha software and updated the firmware on the OSD (so everything should now be the latest, greatest) and we still have the exact same problem.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.
Infernal Bill is offline Find More Posts by Infernal Bill
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:09 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,382 Posts
I wonder if your radio is taking too long to reboot after turning it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Bill View Post

I noted the issue was discussed a couple of months back but haven't heard anything since. Specifically, I have 2 FPV setups on a Twinstar and now a Zephyr. My LRS is Dragonlink. Long story short, it seems as though the new Dragonlink firmware upgrade doesn't play well with the Servo Wizard. When I slap the new DL into my existing gear, everything works great (including RSSI showing up correctly) until I run the Servo Wizard whereupon RSSI just shows up as "1".

If I run the Servo Wizard from the PC, not only does RSSI revert to "1" but the right elevon on the Zephy starts spasming uncontrollably until I run the Wizard from the radio.

I submitted a ticket and haven't heard from the Eagle Tree crew for a week and a half now. I tried exercising some self help yesterday and updated to the latest alpha software and updated the firmware on the OSD (so everything should now be the latest, greatest) and we still have the exact same problem.

m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
Good idea but I'm pretty sure it's connecting because I can hear that tell-tale servo noise upon connection. It does take a couple of seconds to connect, though. Might be an issue if I click too quickly through the Servo Wizard using the PC but the standard 9 second countdown using the radio method should be more than enough. Still stumped, but thanks.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Mar 2009
145 Posts
I also use up to date DragonLink and RSSI with no problems,
Did you use a resistor inline with the RSSI?

Quote:

HagayB is online now Find More Posts by HagayB
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
Maybe that's the issue. I haven't been using a resistor inline with the RSSI (thought the resistor was only an issue with the Futabas and I'm using a JR transmitter). Maybe I missed it, but is it stated somewhere that you have to install an inline resistor on the RSSI signal?
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
Hagay - Did you use the servo wizard again after you put the new up to date Dragonlink in?
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:43 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi teamsherman,
thatīs the way to use rth

fly out until your video get lost ... activate rth ... and enjoy the birds-view. if you find somthing interesting ... move the sticks to navigate to the target ... if you get boared of it, just let the sticks go. take a coffe or coke and wait until you hear the plane above you.

cheers Thomas
Ah sweeeeet, thanks fella's.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Mar 2009
145 Posts
Quote:
Hagay - Did you use the servo wizard again after you put the new up to date Dragonlink in?
Started from point zero, reconfigured everything from the beginning not only the wizard but all menus.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Mar 2009
145 Posts
Had time for some tests regarding the RSSI
Works the same without the 100OMs resistor I have (not required by ET)
If the RSSI cable is disconnected before I plug the power the OSD display RSSI as 1.
Tried disconnecting/connecting while power on with no other problems
So if the OSD RSSI displays 1 probably your RSSI wiring is disconnected
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:48 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,382 Posts
Concerning RSSI

FYI:

If ground wire is connected it can do funny things. It just requiers signal wire.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Sep 2010
294 Posts
The funny thing is that RSSI shows fine when I first plug in. It's only after I run the servo wizard that it goes to 1.

I've sent my set file and config file to ET, but have not yet heard back.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:05 PM
UK, Winchester, Winchester
Joined Oct 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
No! What rec are you using .
Thanks for the reply - I have a corona rp8d1 and a Futaba Fasst 8 channel...
cadsteve is offline Find More Posts by cadsteve
Old Mar 09, 2012, 02:09 PM
Dead_Stick_7060
Espaņa, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
Hi
Is it possible, with the OSD Pro and a 3 Pos. Switch to switch between, OSD ON/OFF and diff. pages manually??
I am going crazy trying to do this without success, any idea?
Tku
Regards
Eric
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2