HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:14 AM
Romania,Est Europe
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
mamut, if I understand correctly from your photos, the reason your distance and altitude are not reporting is because you have configured an HDOP accuracy number that is not being reached? I think you just need to make that number larger in the menu (larger number means less accuracy). What do you have it set to now, out of curiosity?
MY BAD!- for your curiosity- 0.9 But I should be able to read on OSD the altitude and distance even if "wrong ones"
"Dual Channel A/D Expander for R/C Data Recorder" can be implemented for reading some other external device (Alpha angle, humidity, magnetic... etc) on Elogger or on OSD?- it would be very useful to develop new sensors
I wish that maybe one day Bill will talk with HappyKilmore to update his PC interface- TV recording/Eagletree PC interface and Google Earth management on the same screen(9'') is a pain ...maybe some day it will be like....
mamut is offline Find More Posts by mamut
Last edited by mamut; Mar 03, 2012 at 06:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:33 AM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Did you select diversity on the eagle eyes with the little button?
I'm sorry don't have manual with me .lazy me was thinking plug and play :-). Do I have to plug into computer ? I didn't get a USB cable with it
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:35 AM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
Ok I've looked up the manual on my phone :-)
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamar View Post
That's what I was saying, but somebody was thinking that maybe now he could have more channels to do some other things. So I asked him how (I think it is not possible)
That has to be me I was not talking about freeing channels on the receiver. The receiver will simply outputs all channels on a single wire. BUT, this will free some inputs on the OSD PRO (as mentionned above). If those inputs could be reprogrammed as outputs, they could be use to extend the number of control surface the OSD PRO can drive, i.e. 1 channel for each aileron. That would allow me (and others) to keep using ailerons as flaperons (both down) which is currently not possible because I had to use a Y cable so the single "ailerons" output of the OSD PRO can drive both ailerongs (going in opposite directions).
sancho28 is online now Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Throttle Percentage

Hello,

Why does my throttle percentage indicator start at 18 and goes only up to 75%

Thanks.
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Mar 03, 2012, 12:21 PM
Romania,Est Europe
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Hello,

Thanks.
Normally you need to calibrate it on Eagle tree PC application.
(mine - on alpha version stick to 100 - I still try to figure it out why maybe I didn't calibrate it correctly)
mamut is offline Find More Posts by mamut
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:22 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
Normally you need to calibrate it on Eagle tree PC application.
(mine - on alpha version stick to 100 - I still try to figure it out why maybe I didn't calibrate it correctly)
You have to calibrate the throttle in the pc application, using the menu item :
Calibration>calibrate throttle.

Throttle range is not calibrated automatically during the senvo analysis wizzard.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28 View Post
That has to be me I was not talking about freeing channels on the receiver. The receiver will simply outputs all channels on a single wire. BUT, this will free some inputs on the OSD PRO (as mentionned above). If those inputs could be reprogrammed as outputs, they could be use to extend the number of control surface the OSD PRO can drive, i.e. 1 channel for each aileron. That would allow me (and others) to keep using ailerons as flaperons (both down) which is currently not possible because I had to use a Y cable so the single "ailerons" output of the OSD PRO can drive both ailerongs (going in opposite directions).
So you're telling me I can do away with all the servo wires coming from the rangelink rx to the OSD board?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post

Throttle range is not calibrated automatically during the senvo analysis wizzard.
Ah... I thought the wizard would do the calibration that's why I stopped looking. Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post

I ran the throttle calibration wizard which seemed to go okay. But my OSD still shows 18% to 75%.

When is the calibration setting set on the pc application sent to the OSD?
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:50 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,374 Posts
Quote:
I ran the throttle calibration wizard which seemed to go okay. But my OSD still shows 18% to 75%.

When is the calibration setting set on the pc application sent to the OSD?
The servo deflections aren't always displaying the figures that you would think they should be.

The question is whether it functions properly.

My throttle never showed from 0 - 100 on servo deflections,

but the values that it shows are constistant, and it works great.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:54 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
The OSD shows some numbers that have to do with servo positions and these are not in percentage (they are + or - and have values up to several hundredths. The throttle position as a percentage is logged in the e-logger, and can also be displayed live on the pc application.

Am I missing something here?

The calibration setting, I *think* it is sent to the OSD as soon as you finish the calibration procedure. Maybe you have to re-boot your OSD, but I wouldn't think so, since the corrected throttle range is displayed instantly on the pc application, in live mode.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
It's would be too bad that with so many configurations we need to get stuck with weird throttle ranges while we are flying... Just saying...
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:41 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,374 Posts
Quote:
It's would be too bad that with so many configurations we need to get stuck with weird throttle ranges while we are flying... Just saying...
Ya,

That doesn't sound right.

are you trimming your throttle down all of the way when you run your servo analysis wizzard, " for the motor off position?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
So you're telling me I can do away with all the servo wires coming from the rangelink rx to the OSD board?
Yes, all but one, that will carry the signals for all channels and that has to be connected to the "aileron input" of the OSD PRO (which then becomes the "ppm stream" input...)
sancho28 is online now Find More Posts by sancho28