HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:48 AM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Hi Turboready, in the scenario you describe of flying from a cliff top, you can as Mike Beeson says, turn off the Low Altitude RTH disable feature.

The Altimiter will show negative altitudes.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

I prefer to have RTH when I am over the ocean just in case I get into difficulty. I will have the Guardian on as well.

I am a very good pilot but you never know when things can go wrong.

Here is where we fly, the aerial pics are actually framed I grabbed from my GoPro Hero 2 video which I still have to edit. http://tropicalrc.com/content/aerial...-dec-27th-2011
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,050 Posts
Hi Turbo, I would have RTH enabled if I were flying over the ocean too and in that scenario, as I said above, I also would turn off the Low Altitude RTH disable feature.

Beautiful pictures Turbo.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Last edited by garris2; Jan 22, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Does anyone have any information when v10.13 will go Beta??
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
Does anyone have any information when v10.13 will go Beta??
My assumptions are that the Eagle Tree Team are writing modifications and testing.

I think they had a 10.14 alpha, so the next version should be 10.15 (not sure of the last version so that could be wrong)

I wouldn't look for 10.13 to go Beta, but rather another Alpha version to be field tested.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2010
388 Posts
Deleted
buster232 is offline Find More Posts by buster232
Old Jan 22, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
RTH help needed

OSD experts. I got brave enough yesterday to test my RTH. I did try it months ago but didn’t let it overfly my home position to see what it would do. I was happy to see it make a 180 and get within 500’ from me. Yesterday I thought I would just let it go and see what happened. Once it came towards me then went on a heading way away from me and never wanted to turn back. I tried this at different azimuth angles from my home position. It seems to want to fly to the same area really. Only 5 mph wind.
MY TURN GAINS ARE UP TO 60.

Here is what the video looks like:
http://youtu.be/cT7xPsdKVAw

Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your time.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
OSD experts. I got brave enough yesterday to test my RTH. I did try it months ago but didn’t let it overfly my home position to see what it would do. I was happy to see it make a 180 and get within 500’ from me. Yesterday I thought I would just let it go and see what happened. Once it came towards me then went on a heading way away from me and never wanted to turn back. I tried this at different azimuth angles from my home position. It seems to want to fly to the same area really. Only 5 mph wind.
MY TURN GAINS ARE UP TO 60.

Here is what the video looks like:
http://youtu.be/cT7xPsdKVAw

Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your time.
In the safety menu:

is your turn derivative gain set at default 50?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Aug 2006
269 Posts
Help needed setting up my Guardian/Airspeed

Hi guys,

This is my first time, so I am struggling with the setup.

Something that I don't understand is happening: is my Guardian working or not?

When I connect my system to the Data Recorder software and go to Hardware/Firmware Control I can see that the firmware on the Guardian is up to date on 1.19, so that tells me that the connections seem to be working and that it seems it has been recognized.

But then, when I drop and artificial horizon gauge to the display and go to live mode I can't see the artificial horizon moving when I tilt the guardian.

And even more weird is that the airspeed keeps blinking between 0 and 3 and every time it's at zero the artificial horizon is horizontal but then when it goes to 3 the AHI goes vertical????

What is wrong? why is the airspeed blinking if the plane is not even moving?

What is going on with the AHI?

This is so puzzling....
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:58 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Hi guys,

This is my first time, so I am struggling with the setup.

Something that I don't understand is happening: is my Guardian working or not?

When I connect my system to the Data Recorder software and go to Hardware/Firmware Control I can see that the firmware on the Guardian is up to date on 1.19, so that tells me that the connections seem to be working and that it seems it has been recognized.

But then, when I drop and artificial horizon gauge to the display and go to live mode I can't see the artificial horizon moving when I tilt the guardian.

And even more weird is that the airspeed keeps blinking between 0 and 3 and every time it's at zero the artificial horizon is horizontal but then when it goes to 3 the AHI goes vertical????

What is wrong? why is the airspeed blinking if the plane is not even moving?

What is going on with the AHI?

This is so puzzling....
I would suggest not using live mode. Use your on screen display.

Airspeed, and Altimeter microsensors blink.
(they are telling you the last top speed/high altitude)

Run Servo Analysis Wizzard,

Set, Level flight,

Check to make sure that flight controls are functioning properly,

Fly plane, and set trims, (then land)

Set failsafes,

rerun Servo analsysis wizzard

Now you are ready to test RTH.

Good luck.

-Mike
Last edited by m_beeson; Jan 23, 2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Aug 2006
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I would suggest not using live mode. Use your on screen display.

Good luck.

-Mike
Oh. Ok. thanks.

I read about the indication of last top speed but I thought it wouldn't translate to the pc. So many manuals... guess I need to do a reread...

Thanks, I'll use the OSD and see what happens. I just wanted to know if everything was working on a first test.

Appreciated
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:15 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Oh. Ok. thanks.

I read about the indication of last top speed but I thought it wouldn't translate to the pc. So many manuals... guess I need to do a reread...

Thanks, I'll use the OSD and see what happens. I just wanted to know if everything was working on a first test.

Appreciated
Actually, the first thing you need to do is
1 update all of the software,
2 then run servo analysis wizzard,
3 then set level flight.

Then follow the outline above.

from what I have read
It sounds like it is hooked up properly and working.

Just test it to make sure it is moving your control surfaces properly then follow those steps outlined above.

If you need further help, I'll be glad to help you.

-Mike
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
Hi all,

a friend of mine has had a problem when configuring the eagletree, in a flying wing.

It has made ​​all the settings on your computer (OSD screens, on screen parameters, servo wizard ...), but to save the settings in the OSD by clicking on the OK button does not work well stabilizing the guardian. You have connected the camera and saw that the option to 'Stabilization / Elevn Mixing On?' was turned off, although he had turned on on the computer.

Anyone else has this happened? It's a software bug? The version you have it installed is 10.04

Thank you,

Saludos...
ssancho is offline Find More Posts by ssancho
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:16 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssancho View Post
Hi all,

a friend of mine has had a problem when configuring the eagletree, in a flying wing.

It has made ​​all the settings on your computer (OSD screens, on screen parameters, servo wizard ...), but to save the settings in the OSD by clicking on the OK button does not work well stabilizing the guardian. You have connected the camera and saw that the option to 'Stabilization / Elevn Mixing On?' was turned off, although he had turned on on the computer.

Anyone else has this happened? It's a software bug? The version you have it installed is 10.04

Thank you,

Saludos...
hi Ssancho,

this happened to me too im the past. but i didn´t remember if this happened with 10.04
other settings were affected too .... finally i restored the previus stored version of my settings.
good thing - this happened never again.

go for the latest beta-version. this version is very stable and shows no glitches.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
Thanks Thomas!!!

Saludos...
ssancho is offline Find More Posts by ssancho
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
At work now but I think it's at 50 or maybe 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
In the safety menu:

is your turn derivative gain set at default 50?
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97