Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Hi Mike,

I bought the relay from my local electronics shop, so I do not have a link for it. In the first photo that I attach, you can see the printed label on it.

It is a 6V relay, but it works fine at 5V too (or about 4.8V that the rc rx has). It has five pins: Two of them are for the armature coil, and I connect them with +5V and ground from the rc rx, through the turnigy rc switch. One pin is for the video output connection, and the rest two pins are for the two video input connections. When the relay is not activated, one input is connected with the output, and when I give 5V to the coil and the relay is activated, the other input is connected to the output pin. The connectors coming out of the final assembly are:
-a servo connector for the turnigy rc switch (also provides power to the relay)
-a four terminal female connector with audio, video, +12V and ground wires from the OSD (coming from the FPV cam)
-a four terminal male connector with audio, video, +12V and ground wires which goes to the A/V tx
-a RCA connector (signal and ground) that connects to the point and shoot cam (common ground with the rest of the components). Note: I hate onboard RCA connectors too, but I did not want to modify the point and shoot cam wire.

I have set up the system in such way that in the case of signal loss the FPV cam feed is selected. The audio is just a pass through, always coming from the onboard mic.

I also attach two pics of the assembly, and a pic of the final product, incorporating the sophisticated packaging of fibre reinforced sticky tape .

Regards,
Stavros

Thank you Stavros

Brilliant insight.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:43 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Anyone else have an issue where you can't enter custom text for RSSI? I am using temp sensor A for RSSI, and the RSSI value shows up on the OSD, but there is no label in the block after selecting the location, and when I try to type in the text I want in the "enter OSD screen name for the parameter", it just beeps and doesn't let me type any characters in it.
I had that issue where I couldn't enter text for my RSSI as I found by clicking on the little box where you enter text nothing would appear after typing.

The solution is simple.... Simply hit backspace a bunch of times and then type in RSSI or my preference Sig (short for signal) The problem is that the text box is already full although it doesnt appear so. Perhaps this is a bug that Bill doesnt know about or perhaps only you and I are doing the exact same thing wrong lol

John
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,225 Posts
Ah thanks! I will give it a try!
techspy is online now Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy View Post
Ah thanks! I will give it a try!
I just hope it works for you or I will look very silly stating such a simple seemingly unbelievable fix lol
papa_lazerous is offline Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:27 PM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_lazerous View Post
I just hope it works for you or I will look very silly stating such a simple seemingly unbelievable fix lol
That was it! Seems like the text was populated with spaces when I selected it as rssi. Strange.

Thanks
techspy is online now Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
Hey Bill,
Is there any way to get and on screen msg when a servo is triggered?
I'm not using any of the surface control in or outs, and i'd like to have a indication whem aux 2 lever is flipped (for example).

On my hexacopter it would be handy to see if it was in position hold, RTH or off and also when the camera shutter is triggered. These are using aux 1 and 2 on my TX, but I guess they could be run thru the OSD Pro via rudder and elevator.

Ellis
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:12 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis108 View Post
Hey Bill,
Is there any way to get and on screen msg when a servo is triggered?
I'm not using any of the surface control in or outs, and i'd like to have a indication whem aux 2 lever is flipped (for example).

On my hexacopter it would be handy to see if it was in position hold, RTH or off and also when the camera shutter is triggered. These are using aux 1 and 2 on my TX, but I guess they could be run thru the OSD Pro via rudder and elevator.

Ellis
How about just splitting the channel out and connecting an LED to the output and putting that in the view of your camera?
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
How about just splitting the channel out and connecting an LED to the output and putting that in the view of your camera?
That would work for the shutter, or maybe hook up a buzzer and place it by the mic. Hmmm...

thanks
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
try both see which you like best
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined May 2004
717 Posts
Google Earth Question-Issue

I have always been able to view my flights in google earth. I have not used this cool feature for months until today. My flight panned near Africa and the altitude was hundreds of thousands of feet up. I went back to try other files that I know worked. They too did same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2011
153 Posts
Google Earth changed their API format. I think Bill has a fix in the newest alpha firmware for the e-logger.
n5iln is offline Find More Posts by n5iln
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:11 AM
France
Joined Aug 2010
106 Posts
Hi all, I'll like to know if eagle tree osd users are using aileron or rudder for autopilot with skywalker?

Thanks in advance.
voodou is online now Find More Posts by voodou
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:25 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodou View Post
Hi all, I'll like to know if eagle tree osd users are using aileron or rudder for autopilot with skywalker?

Thanks in advance.
Rudder works better. This is also stated in the OSD manual.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:26 AM
France
Joined Aug 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Rudder works better. This is also stated in the OSD manual.
Thank you
voodou is online now Find More Posts by voodou