SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:47 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
Ok heres my big list of everything ive ever wanted to know (thus far) but have been too lazy to search!

#1 My altitude is set to zero on launch, what if i launch from a hill and fly downward ... it just shows in the negatives? yes

#2 Will GPS altitude show me how high I am above stuff .... like if i fly 200m above a hill that is 536m ASL will it show 200, 736 or just whatever it is relative to my launch point. It is altitude above home position only

#3 Why does it seem like my plane now does not want to RTH (looks like it isnt interested!) even though i had it working well last week and i only changed the cruise height? *(well i think thats all * Post a video and your settings if you can

And well that concludes my current wonderments!
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude View Post
I removed my BEC from the plane entirely, and it is definitely the problem. Call up castle, they said they'd replace the BEC for $10 but none of the other components . Video of the BEC coming soon.

Jon
Glad you figured it out
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
Anyone else notice the lack of bill posting?

I think he is hiding.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:52 PM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
Anyone else notice the lack of bill posting?

I think he is hiding.
Or maybe having a well deserved rest..
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2010
246 Posts
EagleTree is dead...

LONG LIVE EAGLETREE!
Cannonballer is offline Find More Posts by Cannonballer
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Oct 2009
39 Posts
great thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
for that the elevator is in level during flight, -2 means that you will fly with an angle of attack with 2. for an airfoil like the sws 2 to 4 is o.k.
i set mine to 3 .... that means -3 measured on the elevator.

the lower the aoa the higher the speed.

cheers Thomas
definatedly correct. I had call the designer of sw, he said about the 2 degrees attack angle about the platform install the wing.
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2009
39 Posts
Hi Bill .
found I can not make the google earth track like before. I had setup the kml file , and input from Eagel Eye with usb. but the GE can not work.
I also input the KML file I used before, also fail. seemed the lat alway show as 0. Any dataformat changed?
great thanks
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
Hi Bill .
found I can not make the google earth track like before. I had setup the kml file , and input from Eagel Eye with usb. but the GE can not work.
I also input the KML file I used before, also fail. seemed the lat alway show as 0. Any dataformat changed?
great thanks

Hi.

I also had some problems with Google Earth at some point. I installed the 10.12 Alpha version of the data recorder windows application (link) and everything is OK.

If you are already using this version, sorry, I can not help.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
879 Posts
Had a great weather today and snuck in several flights. Only problem I had was I installed a new V4 Eagletree Altimeter to replace my V3 Altimeter. Didn't really have any issues with the V3 but I liked the fact that the V4 Altimeter didn't share any "plumbing" with the Eagletree airspeed indicator/pitot tube.

So, the problem was... My altitudes were all over the place. Just sitting on the ground, the altitudes went from zero to 90 feet and then went to negative values. When I went flying, the values turned even more negative and got as negative as -800 feet
This of course drove my EagleEyes tracking crazy and the tilt angle stayed at zero (no big deal, I wasn't too high)

Before I launched I tried to reset the home position to zero the altitude but it only stayed at zero for a few seconds.

Anyone have any ideas ??? Thanks.
thekubiaks is online now Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
I have a similar issue with white noise on the voice alerts. Did you get it sorted out and what was the solution?
FlyFastr is offline Find More Posts by FlyFastr
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2007
82 Posts
Using Altimeter v3 (led), micropower elogger v3 and OSD Pro.
Not using GPS.
Should rate of climb and altitude ladder be working? The altitude numbers are changing but rate of climb stays at zero and altitude ladder also stays at zero.
AlGerbens is offline Find More Posts by AlGerbens
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Happy New Year, everybody!

Quote:
Anyone else notice the lack of bill posting? I think he is hiding.
I caught the family flu bug New Year's eve, and was only able to work half days (12 hrs/day) until mid last week. Now back to working full days and am almost caught up!

Re Google Earth, back in November or December, Google (for some very good reason, I'm sure) changed their KML file support, which broke our GE support. We've updated our software to resolve this. The updated (alpha) version is here.

aaronredbaron, really sorry to hear about your friend. Let me know if you have any AHI issues with your new setup.

thekubiaks, that's a harrowing flight! Re your altimeter V4 issue, what I believe is happening is that the OSD is still configured for the altimeter V3. If you connect the OSD to USB, with the altimeter V4 connected, the software will detect the V4 altimeter automatically, when you run the OSD Pro configuration page. Note that when configured, the altimeter V4 will show almost no variation when sitting still. I have to move it up and down sometimes to convince myself that it's actually connected.

Re the "Spatula" product, that's an internal code name for a product we'll be announcing in a couple of weeks or so. It is not FPV specific, but we are excited about it (and no, we're not entering the kitchen utensil market).

smoln1,
Quote:
Yesterday when I upgraded to version 10.04 with guoridan stabilization, servo motors had a sudden very little deviation. In no way I could raise them. But when I put back the old version 9.99 were set to decline back to normal.
I think this is due to a change to the stabilizer dial gain behavior. The dial gain originally ranged from 0-100%, but due to popular demand, we changed it to range from -100% to 100%. Version 9.99 was the last version that used the old gain style. If you are not using the dial gain, or this is not the issue, I'd first recommend rerunning the servo analysis wizard with 10.04 to see if that addresses your issue.

grijoti, nice first FPV video! Regarding the voice being hard to hear, when the voice is activated, the mic sounds are automatically switched off. if you are hearing static all the time (not just with voice) one possible cause is that either your OSD's white level is set too high, or the black level is set too low. Re the menu being triggered due to Rx glitches, some changes were made to our recent
Quote:
As for the Iphone app .. to bad, my mistake, thought this app was for the OSD PRO. This is a must do for the developers of this OSD !
Hmm.... Nobody would want to configure their OSD via iPhone or Android, would they?

Let me know if there are any unanswered questions that I missed!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:20 PM
Portugal, Lisboa
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Osd pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Happy New Year, everybody!

grijoti, nice first FPV video! Regarding the voice being hard to hear, when the voice is activated, the mic sounds are automatically switched off. if you are hearing static all the time (not just with voice) one possible cause is that either your OSD's white level is set too high, or the black level is set too low. Re the menu being triggered due to Rx glitches, some changes were made to our recent Hmm.... Nobody would want to configure their OSD via iPhone or Android, would they?

Let me know if there are any unanswered questions that I missed!
Thanks for the reply .... will check the OSD black and white levels for the sound noises Im hearing.
As for the OSD Iphone app, I ment to say that whats missing is an app that enables you to connect the audio cable to the Iphone, in order for you to track your plane location by map, so that if you crash, its easier to find with an Iphone in your hand. Just discovered that the app that I downloaded is for the EZOSD not OSD PRO !!! Not everybody carries the PC to the field, and if you need to be searching for you model in the woods, its much more easier to have an Iphone/Ipad in your hand and just follow the map with GPRS internet connected ... you could even charge for this app, shure lots of people would buy it! More then 70% of the users have an Iphone also .. I bet!

iTelemetry Intro (1 min 22 sec)

Cheers from Portugal
grijoti is offline Find More Posts by grijoti
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
Oregon Coast
Joined Jul 2008
513 Posts
Battery info

I just moved the OSD Pro to my hexacopter and I can't remember the guidelines for setting the low voltage and milliamps used alarm. I'm using a 5000 mAh 4s. It's been a few years since I messed with the settings and then it was on a plane with different batteries.

Ellis
Ellis108 is offline Find More Posts by Ellis108
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis108 View Post
I just moved the OSD Pro to my hexacopter and I can't remember the guidelines for setting the low voltage and milliamps used alarm. I'm using a 5000 mAh 4s. It's been a few years since I messed with the settings and then it was on a plane with different batteries.

Ellis
go into the firmware, osd display page. click on pack volt display, and below you will see the alarm settings.