to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
It is a little un-nerving because you could accidentally hit Rest Home Position. But the Guardian is so stable that after I watch it stay rock steady, I feel comfortable going thru the menus. Besides, you can see the video in the background in case something went wacky.
Yeah, I've done a lot of the "menu surfing" while flying, and it is a bit "busy", but if everything is running well, not totally undoable. I was a bit concerned with trying to rerun "servo throws" and wizards while counting on it flying (especially with the guardian active). But I'll give this a whirl. Thanks.
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:04 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
whoa whoa don't run the servo wizard in the air!!! lol that would be BAD.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:15 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
Yeah, I've done a lot of the "menu surfing" while flying, and it is a bit "busy", but if everything is running well, not totally undoable. I was a bit concerned with trying to rerun "servo throws" and wizards while counting on it flying (especially with the guardian active). But I'll give this a whirl. Thanks.
Yeah don't run the wizard! Just run "Reset cruise stick positions"
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:39 AM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
whoa whoa don't run the servo wizard in the air!!! lol that would be BAD.
Phew...I figured, and never would have originally, but sure seemed like that was what was being said. LOL.

-Jeff

"So you're saying DO hit the self destruct button???"
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Apr 2009
45 Posts
Is there a link to a forum to show how to upload a file from the eagletree logger, to Goggle Earth? I did some searching, and wasn't able to find it.
abreimeris is offline Find More Posts by abreimeris
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:27 AM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,

1. make sure that the sw flies well without guardian stabilisation!
the sw should do a fine gliding and moderate climbout at full throttle. without the need of trimming on the rc.

2. "level" the ahi (guardian) on the workbench. y-axis level at 0, x-axis measured on the elevator should be -2 to -4 (depends where your cog is). -2 means, that the elevator-front is lower than the aft.
if then the glidingspeed is too slow , you have to increase this value (eg. from -3 to -2).

i use -2 for a cog at 25mm behind servo-cable ... gliding speed at 45 km/h

cheers Thomas
great! also I doubt about the AHI "level". means the sw head lower, and the tail higer, like 2or 3 degrees,and set it? ( glide status as "level"?)
if the airspedd is too slow, should place the head more lower, and set "level"? seemed the wrong direction with your description, am wrong?
great thanks
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:53 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abreimeris View Post
Is there a link to a forum to show how to upload a file from the eagletree logger, to Goggle Earth? I did some searching, and wasn't able to find it.
Download the e-logger data to the Data recorder windows application, and then select File>Save for Google Earth... OR File>Save as Google Earth Track.
This will produce .kml files that you can just double click and Google Earth loads them automatically (provided you have google earth installed in the computer ofcourse )
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
great! also I doubt about the AHI "level". means the sw head lower, and the tail higer, like 2or 3 degrees,and set it? ( glide status as "level"?)
if the airspedd is too slow, should place the head more lower, and set "level"? seemed the wrong direction with your description, am wrong?
great thanks
hi,
for that the elevator is in level during flight, -2 means that you will fly with an angle of attack with 2. for an airfoil like the sws 2 to 4 is o.k.
i set mine to 3 .... that means -3 measured on the elevator.

the lower the aoa the higher the speed.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:00 PM
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
Hey Forum,
Hope you all are having good times. I have a question about OSD pro. In the safety mode menu, in the cruise altitude box......what does the 300/120 mean? Is this the high and low level? Do I enter 1 or both values? Thanks.

Darrick
fordarrick is offline Find More Posts by fordarrick
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordarrick View Post
Hey Forum,
Hope you all are having good times. I have a question about OSD pro. In the safety mode menu, in the cruise altitude box......what does the 300/120 mean? Is this the high and low level? Do I enter 1 or both values? Thanks.

Darrick
I think ,it is 300feet/120meter; not sure, I just set as "100", as my cruise altitude is 100 meters in RTH.(all metric)
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:51 PM
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
Thanks Ribit. Now that I think about it it makes total sense.

Darrick
fordarrick is offline Find More Posts by fordarrick
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:19 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
fordarrick,

you have the two altitudes.

You have the home altitude, and the cruise altitude.

Cruise Altitude:
is the altitude that your plane will seek when it is outside of the home radius

Home Altitude:
is the altitude that your plane will seek when it is inside of the home radius
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:04 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,659 Posts
RTH Throttle Trim Issues

Hey guys,

I'm having some issues configuring RTH to engage via the throttle trim method. I set the receiver failsafe with the throttle trimmed to about -25%, then completed the wizard on the OSD Pro. When the throttle trim is reduced, RTH activates properly, but throttle increases by about 25%. Then, when the trim is returned to zero, the throttle stays at the ~25% speed. It's as though the ESC (Thunderbird 36) adapted itself to the negative trim as the new zero throttle endpoint. Any thoughts?

Note: I'm actually describing a friend's airplane here. I have a nearly identical setup, though with a HobbyWing ESC instead of the Thunderbird 36, that I'll be testing shortly.
Rocketman1092 is online now Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Jan 04, 2012, 02:53 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm having some issues configuring RTH to engage via the throttle trim method. I set the receiver failsafe with the throttle trimmed to about -25%, then completed the wizard on the OSD Pro. When the throttle trim is reduced, RTH activates properly, but throttle increases by about 25%. Then, when the trim is returned to zero, the throttle stays at the ~25% speed. It's as though the ESC (Thunderbird 36) adapted itself to the negative trim as the new zero throttle endpoint. Any thoughts?

Note: I'm actually describing a friend's airplane here. I have a nearly identical setup, though with a HobbyWing ESC instead of the Thunderbird 36, that I'll be testing shortly.
Set reciever failsafe to Throttle trimmed down as far as it will go.

then when you run the servo analysis wizzard, you set the motor off position to throttle trimmed down as far as it will go,

your cruise throttle position to the position that you would normally cruise.

set your climb position to the position that you would normally use to climb.
If you over power the climb, then sometimes it works against you.

Hope this helps.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson