Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:17 AM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0407 View Post
Hey mate.

What's your flight cam. The image looks good to me.
I use the wdr600. Love the camera.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
I've had some requests to make a video on installation and programming

The OSD Pro.

I am setting up a new model, so I took the time to make an overview video

of the install.

The video quality of my panasonic camera kind of sucks, but hopefully the

discussion & explaination will help someone who is just getting started.

-Mike

Eagle Tree Osd Pro Install (17 min 12 sec)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:32 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaRC View Post
Don't forget the resistor between the video battery and the temp port.
I think Bill said to use a 15k resistor instead of a 10k with the newer firmwares now.
Christ...I've been beating myself SILLY trying to debug what is going wrong with my "17.3v" 3S lipo..grin... 2nd battery detector from my 18 month old setup that I haven't updated FW for a while. Even desoldered my connectors and redid them with a new resistor (but same old 10k original value was told to use) in case it had gotten fried or something. This really irks me, but they were probably trying to protect for the new v4 eLoggers able to go up to 80v, so they upped the resistance to drop the current. Sigh...

Glad to know what is going on...and that I didn't fry anything on the sensor.
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Last edited by Jhondra; Dec 21, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:35 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
Ok. I was expecting the voltage reading to be off due to the newer version. I guess if the 10k was working before it will still work.

Thanks,
Steve
Nope. I had a working setup with 10k, and after finally getting it back out and upgrading to the latest FW and getting my setup all back, it is NOT working.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:51 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
How do you get the plane to descend slowly, when I am above RTH altitude and I select RTH, the power goes to idle and the plane gets close to stall speed on its way down. So to fix that, I thought that in the Safety wizard when it asks me to set throttle to idle that I would set a slow descent throttle setting instead. That didn't work because when I was at the airfield and turned my radio after the flight with the OSD still hooked up, the OSD commanded the engine to that slow descent speed throttle position (That was with the low altitude RTH safety turned on).

Any ideas on how to get a gentle slow descent??? Thanks
Seems to me like you have a bad CG on your plane. FPV floaters should be on a glide slope that had enough CG forward bias to maintain above stall speed with level elevator deflection and no motor input...

I would start there and get the plane working hands off as RTH isn't great at managing a platform that isn't inherantly stable.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:16 PM
Joined Aug 2010
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
Seems to me like you have a bad CG on your plane. FPV floaters should be on a glide slope that had enough CG forward bias to maintain above stall speed with level elevator deflection and no motor input...

I would start there and get the plane working hands off as RTH isn't great at managing a platform that isn't inherently stable.
Thanks for the reply, I think you're right, that makes sense. I'm changing the CG and testing again this weekend.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:45 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
It's not new. That's the information sent to the Eagle Eyes to position an antenna tracker. It indicates the angles in pan (P) and tilt (T) to your plane. I use it even though I don't have a tracker. When switching from the FPV view to LOS it lets me know where to search in the sky for the plane. I calibrate mine to north so my pan angle relates to north.

While I'm flying people sometime ask "Where's the plane?" I look at the values and without looking away from the screen just point in that general direction and say "Somewhere up there. See if you can find it."

Steve
How do you display those values on the OSD Pro? I don't have the Eagle Eyes but I like the idea of having the values on as it's very clever. How do I get that to show on the OSD?
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 PM
milwaukee wi usa
Joined Nov 2000
197 Posts
"pan zero angle saved" ugug????

hello...just starting to play with my OSD PRO PKG. would someone please inform what the message "pan zero angle saved!" is trying to tell me. the message stays on...and never times out. i'd like to turn it off (and know what it is). help please!
thanks in advance
robert
rbtgold is offline Find More Posts by rbtgold
Last edited by rbtgold; Dec 20, 2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:20 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
How do you display those values on the OSD Pro? I don't have the Eagle Eyes but I like the idea of having the values on as it's very clever. How do I get that to show on the OSD?
There is a setting for "Servo Deflections Display" in the "Select Items to be displayed" menu.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:39 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra View Post
There is a setting for "Servo Deflections Display" in the "Select Items to be displayed" menu.
I assume this is when I'm using the OSD to set up some parameters instead of the computer correct?
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:05 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
I believe you have to run the EagleEyes calibration before they will show up. Once calibrated the EE isn't needed to show the values. I don't think you need to have an EE connected to run the calibration. Try the calibration first without an EE. If you do need one maybe you can borrow one long enough to run the calibration. The values you put in for the calibration doesn't matter. The OSD just needs to think you have an EE.

Somebody (Bill?) correct me if I got this wrong.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:20 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Maybe best will be to set everything on defaults and get a Vid for you with servo deflection enabled, that will probably explain it the best.

Dion
Ok so here is the vid,

You'll notice from the servo deflections it's trying to turn but seems to not turn enough? When I change the overall gain from 7 to 5 it's better but still struggles. Airframe is Slowstick and all settings default,

What do I change?

PS. Do you think my cam is out of focus (KX181-G2)??

Eagltree Guardian RTH tests (1 min 43 sec)
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
FANG, glad you got your issues resolved & sorry you had the problem in the first place. Both the error message and undetected altimeter point to a configuration problem. This could be due to a USB glitch during configuration. Please let me know if you have it happen again.

mamut, that indeed would be a challenging feature! I am not sure it could be made to work reliably, though, since the tracking would need to precisely follow the models turns, etc.

Pixturethis, great news on resolving your issue.

sfakias, thanks for the ping on the features. All of those are still in the works. The other big feature that I know people are waiting on is PPM sum (serial PPM) which will also be done ASAP. Re adding video RSSI and EE voltageto the PC software display, is there other interest? Not sure how many people use the live PC display with the EE.

Kahnx, the main purpose of the (simple) simulator is to confirm that servos are moving the right direction, RTH is engaging properly, EE tracking is working correctly, etc. It's not intended to represent real-world behavior of your particular model. Re returning home, the correct simulator behavior is for the model to circle around home.

Jhondra, we are beginning to look at native support for multis. If the controller you reference makes your multi fly like a fixed wing plane, I would think that RTH could work as is.

Aaron, the what I see in your video (aside from beautiful scenery!) may be due to the video transmitter power dropping briefly below a threshold.

piet9, I believe if you decrease your white level setting, and/or increase your black level setting, the audio noise may go away.

Mike, thanks for the installation video!!!
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:18 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Jhondra, we are beginning to look at native support for multis. If the controller you reference makes your multi fly like a fixed wing plane, I would think that RTH could work
yeah, it does...sort of, in theory. It breaks in any sort of practice as I try to set it up. It is kkmulticopter, and I've already played with it. Biggest problem I see, is the throttle isn't used to set speed on a multicopter it is altitude...hum
I just said that and from basic Flight training, you learn that pitch sets airspeed and throttle controls altitude, even in a plane...grin, but that isn't how RTH treats flight. It immediately throttles up or down to set speed and it isn't very subtle about it, which would send my copter flinging...

It certainly doesn't seem good enough to control my multicopter with enough stability without crashing, but I'll have to see how it does with guardian thrown in and some creative values on the PID. Still trying to think if yaw or roll will be better for copter. probably yaw, but then I wouldn't be able to have RTH control roll and I would quickly be screwed...same goes if I ignore yaw...

Jhondra
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:38 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,020 Posts
Here is a video from today, I've worked out most of my video interference problems, but I'm still fighting the stabilizer, and a lot of it is the AHI/IMU... now that I have the video to show what I'm talking about I'd like to get some advice on fine tuning the guardian/AHI a bit.

Getting the Twinstar working with Return To Home Autopilot (6 min 9 sec)
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron