HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:30 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87 View Post
If I'm not mistaken there are export issues when it comes to autopilots leaving the US. That's why audopilot makes you sign all sorts of stuff.
It may be so, but we are talking for firmware (software) leaving the US (or it could be distributed from a server anywhere in the world). The physical equipment is already exported, and new parts can be exported without the firmware that has these features, and without purpose-built hardware additions, since they are not required anyway!

I personally think that there are legal workarounds, and ET could implement such features without having any troubles, but of course I am not knowledgeable at all on such legal matters.

At the end of the day, there are other systems (FY systems for example) that offer such features, and can be easily acquired from China, in case any one wants to use them for illegal activities. Preventing US companies to export their technology does not reduce the terrorist threat, or whatever the lawmakers are trying to avoid. It only reduces capital income to the US, which leaks to,usually, China.

Implementing these features will put the ET system on a league of its own, ahead from many other (similarly or higher priced) systems.

If you do not agree with some or all of the above, please do not fire away, they were just a looong introduction to lead to the main point:

Eagle Tree team pleeeeease give us these features.

Thank you for your patience - Peace
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:12 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
here's the video of my latest. RTH test in the beginning. Does that initial turn seem too tight? Also my first time out to 2 miles.

SWlongrange (3 min 16 sec)
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Does the RTH work on flying wing with no rudder?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
here's the video of my latest. RTH test in the beginning. Does that initial turn seem too tight? Also my first time out to 2 miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPov...ature=youtu.be

whats your setup and plane?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
Plane is Skywalker. Video tx is LM 2.4ghz 500mw with an inverted V antenna. On the ground is an 8dbi patch and 16 dbi yagi. I'm running a 4s 3500 pack (on this flight).

And yes it will work on a wing, I don't have the RTH on the rudder.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:15 AM
Joined Aug 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
Plane is Skywalker. Video tx is LM 2.4ghz 500mw with an inverted V antenna. On the ground is an 8dbi patch and 16 dbi yagi. I'm running a 4s 3500 pack (on this flight).

And yes it will work on a wing, I don't have the RTH on the rudder.
Don't be afraid to go further, you can easily go 30000 ft, just remember to climb about 400ft per mile to keep a good LOS to the antennas. But don't exceed 400ft in the US
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:38 AM
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Don't be afraid to go further, you can easily go 30000 ft, just remember to climb about 400ft per mile to keep a good LOS to the antennas. But don't exceed 400ft in the US
My video was SOLID at 11K as you can see. Two reasons I turned back. 1) my battery was past its halfway mark and there was some odd wind at altitude that wasn't there at ground level, so I didn't wanna run low on battery. Turns out I had a STRONG tailwind on the way back. 2) I was freezing and couldn't take much longer lol.

Next distance run will be to 2.5 or 3 miles. And there was something wrong with my sensors. I was below 400ft the whole time, but it kept reading much higher
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:16 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Yeah alt reading can be a bit off at times...
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:25 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Yeah alt reading can be a bit off at times...
Yeah, mine always returns to normal once I get it back on the ground
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:17 AM
Christchurch NZ
Joined Sep 2009
137 Posts
ATTF for their Dec / Jan "giveaway" have a new ET product, also Bill on a Jan podcast to answer questions....that can be emailed into show

http://www.allthingsthatfly.com/prize.php

http://www.allthingsthatfly.com/index.php

Cheers

Neil
piet9 is offline Find More Posts by piet9
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:43 AM
Australia, NT, Lyons
Joined Oct 2010
644 Posts
Quote:
Hey mate.

What's your flight cam. The image looks good to me.
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined Aug 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
My video was SOLID at 11K as you can see. Two reasons I turned back. 1) my battery was past its halfway mark and there was some odd wind at altitude that wasn't there at ground level, so I didn't wanna run low on battery. Turns out I had a STRONG tailwind on the way back. 2) I was freezing and couldn't take much longer lol.

Next distance run will be to 2.5 or 3 miles. And there was something wrong with my sensors. I was below 400ft the whole time, but it kept reading much higher
I found a cool website to find winds aloft. I usually start my runs into the wind and know that if I get to near half battery, the winds will help me get home with juice to spare.

http://www.blastvalve.com/weather/we...et+BalloonCast

*** CHECK OUT THE RUC WIND PROFILER in blue about halfway down
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
I found a cool website to find winds aloft. I usually start my runs into the wind and know that if I get to near half battery, the winds will help me get home with juice to spare.

http://www.blastvalve.com/weather/we...et+BalloonCast

*** CHECK OUT THE RUC WIND PROFILER in blue about halfway down
Very interesting website. should be valuable.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
nob quest.........What is HDOP? And what is it used for? Thanks

Darrick
fordarrick is offline Find More Posts by fordarrick
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:12 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordarrick View Post
nob quest.........What is HDOP? And what is it used for? Thanks

Darrick
I believe it is "Horizontal Dillution of Precision", and it roughly translates to how precise the location projected of GPS is (higher is worse...think variance). I typically get numbers below 1 on ET systems with 8-10 sats, and I don't know what the relative "meaning" is (like is is 1foot, meter or what). Use it for a relative measure of 3D positioning signal resolution. Typically, I think hand held GPS use this to draw the error circle around your location...larger radius for more variability and uncertainty with worse signal or fewer sat locks.

-JM
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra