SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:08 AM
2R Fly Team
Slovenija, Radovljica, Radovljica
Joined Jul 2009
212 Posts
Hello!

I wonder which version is sure to fly now that actually works? The latest version I have and it works great is 9.99! I bought the altimeter and airspeed module.
Is version 10.04 stable?

Thank you.
smoln1 is offline Find More Posts by smoln1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:19 AM
Registered DSer
Australia, VIC, Hadfield
Joined Mar 2003
2,865 Posts
Simulator issues - any quick tips?

I'm building an FPV wing (Scout Bee), with OSD pro, GPS and Guardian.
I have programmed the setup for flight stabilisation, which appears to work correctly on the bench (radio commands give correct elevon control, and stabilisation appears to work (corrects 'correctly' to pitch and roll of the airframe and expected artificial Horizon line response).
I cant seem to get the simulation to control the 'curser plane' around the screen, though:
- Manual flight controls appear to be aileron/elevator rather than elevon.
- RTH just circles at a distance, not returning to the central start positon, which I assume is 'home' in the simulator.

(a) Has anyone else experienced this symptom?
(b) Will it translate to 'real world' flying and RTH?
(c) Is there an easy fix?

I have run the servo setup wizard several times, and am certain that I've set it up correctly (servo position display appears correct) and the simulation plane will circle, but not controllable, and will not return home.

Suggestions?

I hesitate to try flying for real in case the simulation is 'right' and I crash.

Thanks

Roger.
Kahnx is offline Find More Posts by Kahnx
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:56 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoln1 View Post
Hello!

I wonder which version is sure to fly now that actually works? The latest version I have and it works great is 9.99! I bought the altimeter and airspeed module.
Is version 10.04 stable?

Thank you.
hi,
the 10.04 is stable! i used this version since the last 2 month without any issues. in 10.04 there is a minor issue (drifting readings of baro and pitot) but this issue can be managed if u reset the home-pos. shortly before takeoff.
In 10.12 this issue should be solved. i havenīt this tested in flight, because my old plane died, and the new isnīt ready ... but the tests on my workbench are positive. the issue seeems to be solved.
also 10.12 doesnīt show erratic popping up of menus.

i would update to 10.12

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:44 AM
2R Fly Team
Joined Jul 2009
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,
the 10.04 is stable! i used this version since the last 2 month without any issues. in 10.04 there is a minor issue (drifting readings of baro and pitot) but this issue can be managed if u reset the home-pos. shortly before takeoff.
In 10.12 this issue should be solved. i havenīt this tested in flight, because my old plane died, and the new isnīt ready ... but the tests on my workbench are positive. the issue seeems to be solved.
also 10.12 doesnīt show erratic popping up of menus.

i would update to 10.12

cheers Thomas
Ok, thanks,
Is there anything special? Settings remain the same? Now I have version 9.99.
Last edited by smoln1; Dec 12, 2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:01 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Hi,

This is the wrong way of implimenting the Carlyle method, you have to tell you're RX what the failsafes are as well. Above method will NOT work in real signal loss.

Correct steps as follows:
  • Assign a switch that lowers throttle channel below normal
  • Set the swith to low and tell you're RX this is the failsafe positions. So when the Tx signal is lost throttle will go to -10 for example.
  • When you do safety configs, turn off the Tx when asked.

This will give you proper failsafe when Tx signal is lost, and the OSD will *think* signal is lost when you flip the swith to go to -10 throttle.

Cheers
Dion
You are right on the above.
The problem is that my rc rx does not have failsafe (the rx that comes with Turnigy 9X V2), and I tried to set it up the way I described, and it seems to work on ground tests and the simulator. Maybe I was lucky? However, I am far from testing RHT in flight due to several other issues.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:37 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
You are right on the above.
The problem is that my rc rx does not have failsafe (the rx that comes with Turnigy 9X V2), .
I have the same set up and could not get it to work for RTH.
So. I'm hopping you can so I can get mine to work.

Question: If you have the motor running and you turn off the transmitter don't the motor cut off????

Mine does... the Question then:
would be, set up with PPM and one F/S????

Now you see why I can not get mine to work!!!

EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:59 AM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
I have the same set up and could not get it to work for RTH.
So. I'm hopping you can so I can get mine to work.

Question: If you have the motor running and you turn off the transmitter don't the motor cut off????

Mine does... the Question then:
would be, set up with PPM and one F/S????

Now you see why I can not get mine to work!!!

Yes, I actually selected PPM and one failsafe, even though the rc rx does not support failsafe. The fact that the motor stops when you switch off your rc tx has to do with the failsafe built into the ESC, and not the rc rx. If you connect a servo instead of the ESC in the throttle channel, you will see that the servo stays in its last position, but it is not holding its last position (you can move it by hand).
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:20 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx View Post
I'm building an FPV wing (Scout Bee), with OSD pro, GPS and Guardian.
I have programmed the setup for flight stabilisation, which appears to work correctly on the bench (radio commands give correct elevon control, and stabilisation appears to work (corrects 'correctly' to pitch and roll of the airframe and expected artificial Horizon line response).
I cant seem to get the simulation to control the 'curser plane' around the screen, though:
- Manual flight controls appear to be aileron/elevator rather than elevon.
- RTH just circles at a distance, not returning to the central start positon, which I assume is 'home' in the simulator.

(a) Has anyone else experienced this symptom?
(b) Will it translate to 'real world' flying and RTH?
(c) Is there an easy fix?

I have run the servo setup wizard several times, and am certain that I've set it up correctly (servo position display appears correct) and the simulation plane will circle, but not controllable, and will not return home.

Suggestions?

I hesitate to try flying for real in case the simulation is 'right' and I crash.

Thanks

Roger.
hi Roger,

i used the system in my skywalker with a very great sucess. for the skywalker is crashed due a pilot-failure iīm using the whole equipment in my new plane (maxi-swift ... like scout bee).

i never used the sim before and played around with the sim yesterday evening for the first time
i had the same effects like you. for that the rc-transmitter is sending unmixed values for aileron and elevator, itīs clear that the proper modell for the sim is the easystar. the sim - rth circles somewhere away from home, but my plane on the ground shows the correct sevo-movements.

also the guardian corrects correctly if i move the plane .... so i donīt worry about the buggy simulator

cheers Thomas
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:26 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Ok, thanks,
Is there anything special? Settings remain the same? Now I have version 9.99.
hi,

no, nothing special. i used the stored settings (settings "in" the osd), checked them on the pc after the update and run the rc-wizzard again ... just to be safe.

cheers Thomas
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:00 AM
2R Fly Team
Joined Jul 2009
212 Posts
Hello!
Can the Eagle Tree OSD Pro can be set two RSSI indicator? One for the RC signal, the second for the video signal. When I looked for this feature I have not heard this anywhere. Indeed I have a video of RangeVideo diversity and would like to use.

Thank you.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:47 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi,

cheers Thomas
Are you using the old version of the barometric altitude sensor, or the new, improved version?
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:06 PM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Hello!
Can the Eagle Tree OSD Pro can be set two RSSI indicator? One for the RC signal, the second for the video signal. When I looked for this feature I have not heard this anywhere. Indeed I have a video of RangeVideo diversity and would like to use.

Thank you.
Short answer is no.

Long answer is that the video RSSI is a voltage level measurement at the video rx, i.e. at the ground station. The video rx is not connected to the OSD, but to the eagle eyes. The eagle eyes does not have the functionality to overlay video, so it could not overlay the video RSSI signal onto the image.

However: I was thinking that maybe it is not so difficult to have the ground station voltage displayed on the laptop screen when using the Live data recorder software functionality. Ground station voltage is already monitored by eagle eyes for the voltage alarm to work.
Along the same lines, maybe RSSI could also be displayed in on the laptop screen. These two extra features would be very nice, and maybe not too difficult to implement with firmware update (and maybe a little soldering for the RSSI measurement).

Billpa please comment on the above.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:30 PM
Joined Aug 2006
2 Posts
any plans for a graduated attitude ladder like fighter HUDs have, a line every 10 degrees or so? love my eagle tree but it would be nice to know how far I'm pitched up/down during heavy maneuvering...
erobbins is offline Find More Posts by erobbins
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:40 PM
Christchurch NZ
Joined Sep 2009
133 Posts
Hi

I have a distinct background crackle / RF type interference on the audio channel. The voice is certainly "readable" but the background noise is annoying. During voice the noise is suppresed to a large degree. Video is excellent with Fox Tech 200mw tx and rx, 5.8Ghz, Gopro and Eagle Tree osd etc. Seperate flight Battery 4s, RC rx batt, TX batt and Gopro on own batt.
Any help most welcome.............
Cheers
Neil
piet9 is offline Find More Posts by piet9
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:18 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piet9 View Post
Hi

I have a distinct background crackle / RF type interference on the audio channel. The voice is certainly "readable" but the background noise is annoying. During voice the noise is suppresed to a large degree. Video is excellent with Fox Tech 200mw tx and rx, 5.8Ghz, Gopro and Eagle Tree osd etc. Seperate flight Battery 4s, RC rx batt, TX batt and Gopro on own batt.
Any help most welcome.............
Cheers
Neil
can you post a video?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson