SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:50 PM
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
Got video ground connected properly?

Change your white/black settings.
OSD just called the video signal (white wire), the power of video is independent
Ricardohpb is offline Find More Posts by Ricardohpb
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:04 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardohpb View Post
OSD just called the video signal (white wire), the power of video is independent
Richard,

smarm is not referring to the wire color, he's refering to the white black settings on the OSD menu settings.

If you have the white too high, or the black too low; it can produce an affect similar to the one that you are experiencing.

I'm wondering,

Are you powering everything at once, or are you turning on OSD before you power your camera and transmitter.

if you are plugging them in seperately; try plugging in the camera and Vtx first, then the osd.

The error message that I am seeing makes me believe that you could be powering them out of sequence, and I think the osd needs a video signal to boot properly.

best to bring it all back to the deans connector and plug everything in at once (if on a single LiPo setup).
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Richard,

smarm is not referring to the wire color, he's refering to the white black settings on the OSD menu settings.

If you have the white too high, or the black too low; it can produce an affect similar to the one that you are experiencing.

I'm wondering,

Are you powering everything at once, or are you turning on OSD before you power your camera and transmitter.

if you are plugging them in seperately; try plugging in the camera and Vtx first, then the osd.

The error message that I am seeing makes me believe that you could be powering them out of sequence, and I think the osd needs a video signal to boot properly.

best to bring it all back to the deans connector and plug everything in at once (if on a single LiPo setup).
my connections
Ricardohpb is offline Find More Posts by Ricardohpb
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:53 PM
Eat-Sleep-Work-Fly-Repeat
Canada, NL, Division No. 9
Joined Mar 2011
709 Posts
Great! Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
OSD Pro comes in a kit which includes:

*OSD

*e-logger v4

*GPS

If you want the guardian or other microsensors you purchase them seperately.

So to answer your question,

Osd pro is a complete package.

-Mike
Grips is offline Find More Posts by Grips
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:56 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoln1 View Post
Hello

Sets RTH function. Why am I Guordian during calibration of the system, setting the RTH feature turned on at the top of the screen constantly says:

RTH Engaged: Rx Failsafe Detected

I could not find anywhere, or do I have a failsafe feature is turned on or not between the receiver and transmitter long range. If you turn off this feature, always says:

RTH Engaged: Rx Failsafe Detected

I have a 100% signal, servo motors Wizzard I've done. When you move the lever on the Futaba 6ex, but this time the sign disappears. Then it reappears. Why this feature is always turned on? Have I set something wrong or forgot?

Thank you

m_beeson?
Hello smoln1.
I *think* that your problem is because you have selected receiver type without fail safe, and in that case the RTH is engaged if you do not move any stick for a few seconds. Try receiver type with one fail safe channel, and it should disappear.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 10, 2011, 04:52 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Bud, what error message were you getting? Regarding the altimeter, are you sure it is not being detected? The altimeter V4 will sit right at zero, with no fluctuation, for long periods of time (until you lift it).
Bill the error message says Internal Error 0306BE email support.

I have since decided to go from scratch and went through the new model wizard and did the factory reset and the error message has since disapeard. But i would still like to know why i got the error message.

I am positive the altimeter isnt being recognised, i wouldnt be pulling my hair out if it was!

After doing the above rollbacks and resets it is still not recognised by the v10.04 sw. I am not sure if there is some clash because it had a newer firmware in the altimeter that is now why it is not recognised even though the guardian is recognised and it is linked via the altimeter.

I did have a problem with an altimeter in the past when setting the jumpers, but this one is brand new and i havent tried the jumper settings or anything.

On v 10.08 which i had installed when i started on all this again last monday was recognising the altimeter and it all seemed fine.
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
2R Fly Team
Slovenija, Radovljica, Radovljica
Joined Jul 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Hello smoln1.
I *think* that your problem is because you have selected receiver type without fail safe, and in that case the RTH is engaged if you do not move any stick for a few seconds. Try receiver type with one fail safe channel, and it should disappear.
Thanks, now it's working. I set the Thomas Sherrer reciever to failsafe mode. Before I programmed failsafe wizzard, I set the trim on the throttle below the limit of 0. When finished wizzard, I return throttle position to 0. Now RTH Engaged is not blinking on the screen. And when turn off ma tx RTH Engaged.

Is that right?

Thanks sfakias
smoln1 is offline Find More Posts by smoln1
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:51 PM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoln1 View Post
Thanks, now it's working. I set the Thomas Sherrer reciever to failsafe mode. Before I programmed failsafe wizzard, I set the trim on the throttle below the limit of 0. When finished wizzard, I return throttle position to 0. Now RTH Engaged is not blinking on the screen. And when turn off ma tx RTH Engaged.

Is that right?

Thanks sfakias
You are welcome smoln1!
The way you set it is right. You can also trigger RTH without turning off your rc tx (which is dangerous in case you receiver does not bind again) by trimming throttle down during flight.
The other method, that most people use, is set your mixes in such a way that by flipping a switch the throttle level goes to a level lower than the normal zero throttle level (like trimming down). That way, you trigger RTH with a flip of a switch without turning off your rc tx, also known as Carlyle method.

Good luck with setting up.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
You are welcome smoln1!
The way you set it is right. You can also trigger RTH without turning off your rc tx (which is dangerous in case you receiver does not bind again) by trimming throttle down during flight.
The other method, that most people use, is set your mixes in such a way that by flipping a switch the throttle level goes to a level lower than the normal zero throttle level (like trimming down). That way, you trigger RTH with a flip of a switch without turning off your rc tx, also known as Carlyle method.

Good luck with setting up.
What menu is the setup for triggering RTH with the switch? I am using x9303
How does the osd pro know the rx is in failsafe? is it because its not receiving signal from the tx?
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Last edited by freshmint; Dec 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:37 AM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Hi freshmint.

You select receiver type with one fail safe channel, and when running the safety wizard, instead of switching off the rc tx when prompted, you just flip the "lower than normal throttle trim" switch (you do not switch rc tx off).

I am not familiar with x9303, so maybe someone else could help you with the specifics on that.

I do not know exactly how it works, but the OSD is surely still receiving signal from the rc rx, as it does if you have a proper failsafe (tx off, but rx still controlling the servo position). I assume that the OSD is looking for change of the signal level of one channel between tx on and tx off, which in our case, it would be throttle signal level difference.

Search this thread for Carlyle method, to read a few more detailed posts about setting it up, but it is very simple.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
hi Billpa, can you help on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
Attachment 4457584
what about the value in red circle? the FW is 10.04
thanks
great thanks
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
great thanks
Did this not help?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7263

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
great thanks ; you are so nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
sorry for not seen the reply, so nice u r.
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:21 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
In reference to my post above, i can now confirm that for some reason the 10.04 update wont display the firware control for my altimeter.

I had a version of it downloaded before, and have since downloaded the same 10.04 version and nothing is displayed for altimeter.

I did previously have the V10.08 installed and then rolled back to 10.04 because i was having a few issues and then the altimeter didnt come up[ even as an option in the fw control box.

I just installed the latest alpha 10.12 and now my altimeter is back in the fw display!!

So yeah not sure why, and so far nothing in the ticket that helped any ....

But thought id share this incase others were having a similar issue.

Thank you

Now i might finally be able to fly this thing!!!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:13 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Hi freshmint.

You select receiver type with one fail safe channel, and when running the safety wizard, instead of switching off the rc tx when prompted, you just flip the "lower than normal throttle trim" switch (you do not switch rc tx off).

I am not familiar with x9303, so maybe someone else could help you with the specifics on that.

I do not know exactly how it works, but the OSD is surely still receiving signal from the rc rx, as it does if you have a proper failsafe (tx off, but rx still controlling the servo position). I assume that the OSD is looking for change of the signal level of one channel between tx on and tx off, which in our case, it would be throttle signal level difference.

Search this thread for Carlyle method, to read a few more detailed posts about setting it up, but it is very simple.
Hi,

This is the wrong way of implimenting the Carlyle method, you have to tell you're RX what the failsafes are as well. Above method will NOT work in real signal loss.

Correct steps as follows:
  • Assign a switch that lowers throttle channel below normal
  • Set the swith to low and tell you're RX this is the failsafe positions. So when the Tx signal is lost throttle will go to -10 for example.
  • When you do safety configs, turn off the Tx when asked.

This will give you proper failsafe when Tx signal is lost, and the OSD will *think* signal is lost when you flip the swith to go to -10 throttle.

Cheers
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports