Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:24 AM
Azerbaijan FPV
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
Hi everybody i need RTH setup for ritewing zephyr one with fy20 and second with guardian ????
nexstarselect is offline Find More Posts by nexstarselect
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 02:00 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
879 Posts
I was having the issue of the menu popping up while at the limits of my rc range, likely due to glitches, with version 10.08. Now I just tried 10.12, and flew to failsafe, and RTH kicked in perfectly, and no menu popping up.
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Dec 03, 2011, 03:06 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
I upgraded the EL software from 9.96 to 10.04 a few days ago, and recorded today a couple of flights (e-logger and GPS, temp and V sensors only). All seems well when I review the data in the Window app, but when trying to export the data for Google earth, there is a problem:

If I use "save as google earth track" I only get the projection of the flight path onto the terrain (no 3D track), and if I display the elevation profile on GE, the altitude and speed values are far lower than the ones displayed in the widows application (which I believe are correct) i.e. 216m and 55kmph in GE instead of 706m and 75kmph in the app.

When I use "save for google earth" no track appears at all, and google earth is pointing somewhere around central Africa (nowhere close to the flight path). I tried loading recorder files saved with the 9.96 version, which I had seen in 3D google earth representation displaying elevation and data fine in the past (with 9.96), and the result when using "save for google earth" on 10.04 is always the same as above (no track, over Africa).

I can upload the e-logger or Google earth files if it helps.

I only have the OSD to install in the near future (tomorrow maybe) - no Guardian yet. Do you suggest downgrading the windows application? Or any other suggestion?

Thanks.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:14 AM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Test

kreu01 is offline Find More Posts by kreu01
Old Dec 06, 2011, 05:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
I upgraded the EL software from 9.96 to 10.04 a few days ago, and recorded today a couple of flights (e-logger and GPS, temp and V sensors only). All seems well when I review the data in the Window app, but when trying to export the data for Google earth, there is a problem:

If I use "save as google earth track" I only get the projection of the flight path onto the terrain (no 3D track), and if I display the elevation profile on GE, the altitude and speed values are far lower than the ones displayed in the widows application (which I believe are correct) i.e. 216m and 55kmph in GE instead of 706m and 75kmph in the app.

When I use "save for google earth" no track appears at all, and google earth is pointing somewhere around central Africa (nowhere close to the flight path). I tried loading recorder files saved with the 9.96 version, which I had seen in 3D google earth representation displaying elevation and data fine in the past (with 9.96), and the result when using "save for google earth" on 10.04 is always the same as above (no track, over Africa).

I can upload the e-logger or Google earth files if it helps.

I only have the OSD to install in the near future (tomorrow maybe) - no Guardian yet. Do you suggest downgrading the windows application? Or any other suggestion?

Thanks.
I believe this may be a result of google earth changing their input formats. Try the new alpha version of the ET software, I believe that may fix the problem.
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Dec 06, 2011, 06:07 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Gosh sometimes it feels like this system is against me~
Coming back at it after another rest waiting for a new altimeter, and put it all together with the tested twice guardian and new V4 Elogger and OSD Pro.

Was going through the setup options of the guardian on screen when all of a sudden i get a error message! First time i have ever got one of them~
Funny thing is it seems to all work ... but i just cant trust it i guess ... it has some sorta error. I have opened a ticket for this ... im sure once it's all going it will be awesome!

/edit

Had the 10.08 version of the Data Recorder installed, uninstalled that and put 10.04 on ... now it dosent recognise my altimeter although its still plugged in the same and flashing like it was when it was recognised by the newer firmware ??
I did roll back the OSD and Elogger fw but then the altimeter disapeared!!!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Last edited by vvV FANG Vvv; Dec 06, 2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:26 AM
MultiWiiCopterPilot
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Sep 2008
258 Posts
White wire melted????

Hi guys, been trying to setup my elogger v4 + gps + OSD pro on my ritewing Zephyr and after many times seeing wobbly lines across my video feed I have discovered that my OSD pro seems to have almost melted all the white plastic off the white wire that connects the osd to the elogger. I don't know how this has happened but I thought I would ask if anyone else has had this happen and also would this be the reason for interference I'm seeing in my video feed. When I unplug the osd and run the video straight through to vtx the feed is fine with no interference. So must be something going on in osd pro. Any suggestions? I think I may have to send it back for replacement?
greggsy2000 is offline Find More Posts by greggsy2000
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:44 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
^ Yep i have had that happen too .... look a lil something like this pic below?

If you search this thread for melted you will get some results.

Basically from what i can understand it happens when you have a bad connection elsewhere and the ground gets routed through the system and the lil wire cant handle the amp draw and melts.

In my case i had a bad earth connection to my elogger ( i think it was that one) and it found its own earth through the system. The plane seemed a bit underpowered before it melted and the plane came down ,,, it was underpowered because it was choked up lol.

Anyway i had a mate who is a electronics wiz resolder a new wire on (half a extension cable) and it still didnt work properly. Opened a ticket sent it back with the Elogger V3 (just to make sure) and it ended up causing a problem with the elogger. I ended up paying for the repair/upgrade to a Elogger V4.

I am no expert and this may not be what happened in your case ... just passing on stuff. Best bet is get the ticket happeneing.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:09 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Ok, new problem. Just want to see if anyone has seen this before I open up a ticket.
Running 10.4. OSD pro,egogger v4, gps, alt,airspeed, & guardian.
Well I've lost one plane because of this, so with the new plane in the air I get a "RTH engaged" when my amps are between about 4.0 & 7.6 amps. 4 amps is what I cruise at & 7 is climb. I thought I had a bad ecs, but after changing it. I still have the same problem.
Everything in this plane came out of the last one & flew for 6 months without any troubles.
Then last month I was going to make a long distance flight & right after take off I went to climb amps & got a fail safe, I was only 20 ft off the ground & lost the plane..
Thanks Marc
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:26 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
mamut,
Quote:
Can you make an upgrade for pan&tilt the emitter antenna(5.8 Ghz little patch) to the ground station
Are you asking for antenna tracking? If so, our EagleEyes product fully supports it. But I'm probably misunderstanding.

Floater,
Quote:
While I'm flying people sometime ask "Where's the plane?" I look at the values and without looking away from the screen just point in that general direction and say "Somewhere up there. See if you can find it."
That is cool!

yzguy,
Quote:
I was having the issue of the menu popping up while at the limits of my rc range, likely due to glitches, with version 10.08. Now I just tried 10.12, and flew to failsafe, and RTH kicked in perfectly, and no menu popping up.
That's great news. There's a change in 10.12 to help filter out brief glitches that could previously trigger the menus.

sfakias, i can confirm that Google Earth was recently revised and broke compatibility with our KML files (why, oh why???) and our latest alpha software has been updated to accommodate the change.

Bud, what error message were you getting? Regarding the altimeter, are you sure it is not being detected? The altimeter V4 will sit right at zero, with no fluctuation, for long periods of time (until you lift it).

Pixturethis, sorry to hear about that! The first step is to figure out why RTH is triggering. How do you have RTH set up? Do you have a video clip? Also, can you post your OSD config settings (.TXT)? The config file will let me see how RTH is configured.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:02 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Hi Bill, yep sure it isnt being detected ... it was before i rolled back the main software.
I opened a ticket about it ... but no response yet.
Error code is 0306BE ... would be keen to know soon if i have to send it back because i was all set to fly after not being in the air since August .... and then this happened~
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:55 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
I'll post the file tonight & a short video.
It's like it is seeing cruise amps to climb amps as the trigger for RTH.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:39 AM
Romania,Est Europe
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Hi
"Can you make an upgrade for pan&tilt the emitter antenna(5.8 Ghz little patch) to the ground station"
I rephrase it
Can you make an upgrade for the OSD that can pan/tilt the video EMITTER antenna (the one from the plane to direct the entire emitting energy to the receiver that is on the ground) - so no more omni but a patch pointed to the ground station?
Something like Eagleeye for emitter on the plane(maybe on the same principle but smaller)
Thank you
mamut is offline Find More Posts by mamut
Last edited by mamut; Dec 08, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:04 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
Hi
"Can you make an upgrade for pan&tilt the emitter antenna(5.8 Ghz little patch) to the ground station"
I rephrase it
Can you make an upgrade for the OSD that can pan/tilt the video EMITTER antenna (the one from the plane to direct the entire emitting energy to the receiver that is on the ground) - so no more omni but a patch pointed to the ground station?
Something like Eagleeye for emitter on the plane(maybe on the same principle but smaller)
Thank you
I have the feeling that this would be a very complicated project for the Eagle Tree team, as it should not be a trivial software change. I will leave Bill comment further on that.

I will take this opportunity to remind that there are more simple changes that a few people have been asking for a while.

I quote my post from 28th July:
"1)Ability to increase the radious of the waypoints (this has been partially done but it is still restrictive "LOS")
2)Ability to fly to waypoins autonomously (like when in RTH mode)
3)Ability to hold pattern above waypoints (circle for aerial photography for example)
4)Eliminate the resetting of the distance at 65000 feet"

The above are a collection of various members suggestions, and should be much easier to implement, but they still have not been done.

I believe Bill is generally doing the best he can, but we must recognize that due to his workload (and maybe legal matters???) not everything can be implemented. Nevertheless, an update on the status of the above should be interesting.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
Hi
I rephrase it
Thank you
If you want something like that, you're better off getting an auto-pilot like the APM 2.0 that includes camera gimbal stabilization and use that to point back to your ground station. That would be quite the effort (and extra hardware on the plane) as already explained in another post.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
RCG Plus Member