HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:31 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
Hmmm...I guess looking at it, they are the same as they have the same number of contacts. Looking at the outer casing, I guess I took too quick of a look and thought it was not the standard mini connector.
The outer case is different but it ll fit. Try it.
kstmark is online now Find More Posts by kstmark
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:39 PM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sverlander View Post
Ok I have a question about updating the software version. How do you manage all the different software upgrades?
When I first got the ET system I loaded the newest version on my main computer and upgraded everything but that was over a year ago. I just upgraded everything to version 10.4 but I installed the program on my laptop computer so it was the first install. So my question is how do I update my laptop from 10.4 to the new 10.8 ? If I download 10.8 and install it will it install over top and erase 10.4? Or do you install in a different directory and have both 10.4 and 10.8? Do you save your setup file in a folder separate from the ET software and how do you label each file so they don't get mixed up, by date, number. What's your system.
You have answered to your questions. Save the setup file. Select a name that shows version and date. Mine format is date.version for example 20111201.10.08 thus the newest will be always on the top list of files. Download and install the new version. The older will be erased. Load the setup file
kstmark is online now Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:39 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm...I guess looking at it, they are the same as they have the same number of contacts. Looking at the outer casing, I guess I took too quick of a look and thought it was not the standard mini connector.
Yes,

It works. I have been using it for some time now.

It is easier for me to use this than the 4 pin.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:18 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm......a look and thought it was not the standard mini connector.
When I recieved mine few days ago (V4 heavy duty) I rather didn't push there supplied cable, because it was hard to do. I rather used another old one, often used already, for the smoother plugging. Still I was quite confident during the uploading of the new firmware that there will be no disconnection in that strong holding connector....
It is standard "mini USB".
CzechPilot is offline Find More Posts by CzechPilot
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:37 AM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Hello everyone!

Does the OSD unit itself emit RFI?

I am planning to install it onto the Turnigy 9x 2.4GHz RC rx with just a piece of Velcro in between. Is this a bad idea that could reduce the RC range or I should not worry about it?

Thanks.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Last edited by sfakias; Nov 30, 2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:17 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Hello everyone!

Does the OSD unit itself emit RFI?

I am planning to install it onto the Turnigy 9x 2.4GHz RC rx with just a piece of Velcro in between. Is this a bad idea that could reduce the RC range or I should not worry about it?

Thanks.
The OSD its self should not emit any rfi, but the ubec that you are using may...
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:12 AM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
The OSD its self should not emit any rfi, but the ubec that you are using may...
According to Galaxiex's tests here the noise of this BEC is very low. Have you got a different experience with this BEC?

Regards.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:23 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
According to Galaxiex's tests here the noise of this BEC is very low. Have you got a different experience with this BEC?

Regards.
I am just cautious with any BEC. I would try to keep it separated as much as possible.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:19 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
Espaņa, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
The noise produced by this UBEC is terrible!!!
Any distance shorter than 50cm from any component => problems.
Just keep it in any drawer for an other plane without FPV.
Replace it by one or two smaller UBECs (two, better because redundant power).
Regards
Eric
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:46 PM
United Kingdom, Southend-on-Sea
Joined Feb 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2 View Post
The noise produced by this UBEC is terrible!!!
Any distance shorter than 50cm from any component => problems.
Just keep it in any drawer for an other plane without FPV.
Replace it by one or two smaller UBECs (two, better because redundant power).
Regards
Eric
I am using that exact same UBEC, I set up my OSD pro GPS logger etc with my camera and video Tx last week for a range test, it was all mounted on a big block of dense foam and with the UBEC less that 4" (100mm) from the OSD pro I had zero interference and I gave up on the range test after 2.2km as we ran out of beach to walk any further with it. If you find this UBEC to be noisy perhaps it was faulty??
papa_lazerous is online now Find More Posts by papa_lazerous
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:00 PM
Blu-Core is my friend
La Crosse, WI
Joined Apr 2006
810 Posts
Ok,
moving my OSD PRO + logger v3 + Guardian to my new Zephyr ZII
From another wing.
anyone have a good "setup file" for a Zephyr??

Later,
Gundy
Gundy is offline Find More Posts by Gundy
Old Dec 02, 2011, 02:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
Got an ET OSD pro a logger v4 that I'm trying to setup. Have other modules, but it's trying to get the OSD to display properly is the rate limiting factor at the moment.

The OSD pro is connected via the windows software, it's detected, firmware updated to the latest and is configured. It's connected to the elogger via the 4 wire cable. The elogger works perfectly.

I have attached it to a known working video setup. I have a 690TVL seawolf pixim camera, connected to the OSD pro via the video in. The video out then goes to the 900Mhz Vtx, which transmits the image perfectly.
With no power the ET gear, the video is displayed on the VRx, albeit a bit darker. When power/USB is applied, the picture improves to normal brightness. I do not see the start up screen, I see a bit of horizonal blurring, which then settles down to the areas which I want displayed. For example, If I have the OSD configured to ONLY display the Pack Volts (which reads correctly), the area where the data is meant to be displayed has horizontal lines. I've tried turning down the white, increasing the black. Everything is updated to it's latest versions. The lack of image/blurring is consistent across my 7" screen, goggles and 55" tv.

Any suggestions?
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
Tried another camera and another VTx without success.

I'm only running a single wire from the camera to the OSD (the ground and power are taken from the battery directly). Is this the source of my problems? Do I need to run another ground?
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:33 AM
ScratchCrasher
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
It could well be the source of your problems if you use two batteries, one to power (between other components) your OSD and a different battery to power your A/V system (cam and A/V Tx). You must connect the two grounds (- poles of the batteries) together. You can do that by connectng the camera ground line to the OSD, otherwise connect the two grounds at some other convinient point of your harness.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2009
38 Posts
hi Bill, would you please help tell me the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabit123 View Post
any expert can tell me about the new message shown in the "servo deflection'?
I used the 10.04 firmware before(beta version), the value of "P 0 dt 0 d" , after the value of "Th E R G" , I known the 'G' is the gain of stabilzer. what is meaning of that?
Seemed after I used the formal 1004 version FW, the "p150 dT6 d " or value like this , changed in fly, not in RTH.
I am so lucky today, not sure why I trig RTH with alt at 34meters, then full throttle, E=-96, that should be climb, but the plane got down, below 20 meters, the throttle went to lowest , the plane auto landing in my runway, it is so fantastic.
great thanks
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123