SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:46 AM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hennef
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

Hugeone, glad the issue is now pinpointed/resolved. But, are you saying that you are still having issues with the WDR600 without the switch, and if so, is it limited to the telemetry issue with bright transitions? I keep apologizing that we have not yet hooked it up to do testing here.
I still can confirm a issue with the WDR600 and Firmware 10.04. without a video switch. We have 3 tracking stations and 3 Planes equiped with the wdr600. The picture is crystal clear but the tracking only works sporadically in good light conditions. In bad light conditions the telemetry doesn´t work at all. I hope there will be a firmware update or a workaround cause the picture of the wdr600 is really really nice.
Sledg3 is offline Find More Posts by Sledg3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 09:15 AM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,063 Posts
Quote:
Hugeone, glad the issue is now pinpointed/resolved. But, are you saying that you are still having issues with the WDR600 without the switch, and if so, is it limited to the telemetry issue with bright transitions? I keep apologizing that we have not yet hooked it up to do testing here.
Yes I confirm.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:49 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
998 Posts
I wanted to suggest 2 new display parameters for the OSD pro. Not sure what to call it, but it would be air speed divided by amps, and gps ground speed divided by amps. Something to indicate ground covering efficiency.

The neither value by itself means anything, except that it can be compared to varying setups (motor, esc, prop, throttle position). The air speed one could be used to determine the best combination to cover the most ground (should be pretty equivalent even with slight winds). Then the gps one, would be useful to determine the best throttle position to cover the most ground using the least amps. So when you are trying to get back, you have a good indicator for where to put the throttle in the current conditions (winds batter level, ect…)

Another possibility is to use watts instead of amps, to take into account voltage differences in comparing one run (using air speed) to another run, if the battery levels are a bit different. I’m not sure which one would be more comparable.

Then in the future, maybe even work the gps speed/amps (or watts) value into something with the RTH, so it can set the throttle to best level to cover the most ground to get home (of course within min and max settings).
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:51 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Well... I maidened my new Twinstar II today.. Had a few glitches that need to be ironed out.. You can see in the video here what's going on..

1. I flew tail heavy but that was an easy fix...
2. The altitude ladder isn't working... Any suggestions as to why?
3. You'll see later in the video what happens to the screen.. Any suggestions on how to correct this??
4. The video just cuts out.. I think my Aiptek mpvr just froze up on me...

http://vimeo.com/30292817
Mykro is online now Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:28 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,050 Posts
Re your altitude ladder,

Do you have a pitot tube connected?
Have you set the Altitude ladder to get its info from Baro/Pitot tube or from the GPS?

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:08 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
Well... I maidened my new Twinstar II today.... what happens to the screen..
It was initiated by the first Vrx signal loss, so I suggest desynchronisation happend on the recorder input.
EDIT: I meant "temporal signal loss" - glitch. Sorry I have to learn English more and I will.
CzechPilot is offline Find More Posts by CzechPilot
Last edited by CzechPilot; Oct 11, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
España, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
Hi,
I tried, yesterday, after installing, updating and configuring everything for the guardian, my plane with 3 flights.
First, Dist. 2.6km, Alt 800m, about 45 minutes without problems, test of RTH and guardian gain, done. OK
Second, Dist, 2.4 km, Alt 1200m, same time and no problems, I test the RTH from a distance of 1.5 km and Alt. 500m, perfect, the plane returns straight to home, at the defined altitude, using throttle if required.
Third and last one, I decided to fly at a flight level of 200m, 50m under the RTH altitude, guardian tuned at 5, just have a look at this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rOxerMgwOV8

The last 10 seconds before crash, there are no warnings!!!!
Any idea about what happens??
What can produce the glitches? I never had so many glitches.
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Bad RC signal. You can disable RTH if many glitches appear in OSD menu.
catsw is offline Find More Posts by catsw
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:05 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
España, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsw View Post
Bad RC signal. You can disable RTH if many glitches appear in OSD menu.
Bad RC signal, the plane was only at 100-150m from me.
You mean that it is better to disable RTH if many glitches?
Can you explain me why?
The crash may be caused by any bad value of a param or a mistake configuring the OSD?
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPilot View Post
It was initiated by the first Vrx signal loss, so I suggest desynchronisation happend on the recorder input.
So... My Aiptek glitched on me when I lost signal when I banked making a turn??
Mykro is online now Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
"Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPilot
It was initiated by the first Vrx signal loss, so I suggest desynchronisation happend on the recorder input. "

My Aiptek is not the mpvr model. When it looses partial signal, it results in a video like yours. If mine experiences a complete loss of signal, it simply stops recording.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:32 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykro View Post
So... My Aiptek glitched on me when I lost signal when I banked making a turn??
This is the frame in 1:29 before it has started and I think It could caused the desync:
CzechPilot is offline Find More Posts by CzechPilot
Last edited by CzechPilot; Oct 11, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2 View Post
Bad RC signal, the plane was only at 100-150m from me.
You mean that it is better to disable RTH if many glitches?
Can you explain me why?
The crash may be caused by any bad value of a param or a mistake configuring the OSD?
If You don`t use LR system - 150...300 meter system AKA FlySky, Turnigy, ets.
If You use LRS - Bill some time ago wrote, this option (control glitches) use for testing Guardian and useless for many people.
Also it option need if You RX don`t have FS. In other case - it useless, disable it and forgot )))
catsw is offline Find More Posts by catsw
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:25 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jun 2011
24 Posts
I am building FPV Foamie and plan to transfer my ET OSD, Logger and Stabilizer from another plane I own. My question is: I am using PCM but want to purchase Dragon Link which only supports PPM. How does RTH work without failsafe and PCM? May be a dumb question but I am a newbie at FPV.

Thanks for any help on this.
LostLarry is offline Find More Posts by LostLarry
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:35 PM
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Hennef
Joined May 2011
37 Posts
No Problem with Dragon link. Setup your OSD to 1FS Chans PCM and give the DL -125 Throttle as failsave. Then run the wizard on your osd. You can also programm a throttle cut switch on your transmitter to engage rth manually. Works fine here with turnigy 9x and DL.
Sledg3 is offline Find More Posts by Sledg3