Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 10, 2009, 11:35 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1
Many of us already have invested in the Oracle....so will you be providing a function to "bypass" your built-in controller if we choose? Also, just curious, since Oracle is approx $160 and I am sure the antenna tracking device you provide will not be free...so how will you produce this as a "combo" device and sell for approx $50 ?
Thx...
ob1
Actually, after re-reading your post, maybe I misunderstood the intent. Perhaps you meant that one of your current goals is to provide a standalone antenna tracking device that we can hook up to our current video output from vrx, Oracle, YellowJacket, etc.......and a future goal would be to provide a "combo" unit that performed diversity similar to the Oracle but also includes an integrated antenna tracking device.
Is this what you meant?
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2009, 12:50 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
O yeah, very interested here as well!!!

Seems like I will seriously have to start saving up!
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old May 11, 2009, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2004
253 Posts
Hi Bill

I can see the pin layout on the Pro is different from Standard OSD, it is possible to see a picture of the pin-layout. I'm preparing to wire for future projects.

Another question. Is the audio mono or stereo

Regarding the antenna tracking.
I want to use my own antenna system, so do not want an integrated diversity system.
If this combo system is to be created, it must be possible to select frequency bands, depending on where in the world you live or fly.
absolute-zero is offline Find More Posts by absolute-zero
Old May 11, 2009, 07:45 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi,
There is only one audio channel on the OSD-PRO connection so = mono only.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute-zero
...Another question. Is the audio mono or stereo
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 11, 2009, 10:58 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hey, one thing I've been thinking about is for us to build an integrated antenna tracker + diversity receiver controller. Any interest in such a thing? Much of the hardware would be shared between the two functions, making the cost of both very low (maybe $50 range total).
Very interested, especially at that killer price.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old May 11, 2009, 11:06 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,036 Posts
Hi Bill, I think integrated antenna tracker + diversity receiver controller would be a great addition to FPV technology to enable safe, more reliable flying. That combined with Return to Home functionality is a must I think.

I assume the Diversity Receiver Controller would be frequency independant?
And I would also think that for around $50 dollars an Antenna Tracker addon would be great value even if you were one that chose to by-pass the Diversity Receiver controller and use your own diversity setup. But I reckon I would use it in intergrated mode.

Can't wait for it.

cheers Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old May 11, 2009, 11:09 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,206 Posts
Definitely interested in antenna tracking but would want it separate so I can use my own diversity switcher and antennas.
techspy is online now Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old May 11, 2009, 11:32 AM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob mueller
Hi Bill. Looking good! A lot of us have a big $ in pre-orders. An e-mail update to all pre-order people would be appreciated.
Hi Bill. An update?
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Old May 11, 2009, 01:36 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
I think everybody would be interested, and the best part is the modular approach. Get what you need/can afford initially and then add on later as your skills/budget grows.

Great stuff!

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old May 11, 2009, 01:51 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
Yes, the modular system is great.
This is why i settle with eagle tree and i am still happy and getting happier with new announcements.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old May 11, 2009, 02:03 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
First, thanks for the feedback on the diversity/antenna tracker discussion! I just started another thread on this (which I should have done in the first place) so that we can return this one to focus on the OSD Pro. Here's the diversity/tracking thread for those interested (sorry if it's missing feedback from above):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1048046

Regarding OSD Pro release, we are supposed to receive the first production run to our shipping this week. We'll need a couple of days to test/configure units, and then shipping will begin!

Yes, as always, we will send status email out to all preorderers (and post status here of course) if there are any delays past the May 15 date. Thanks for your continued patience with this!

Absolute, here's a photo of the top and bottom of the boards, which shows the pinouts. Let me know if that doesn't give you what you need:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; May 11, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2007
26 Posts
So, is one of those mine? :-)

My new FPV ship is up and ready, but I refuse to do any honest FPV flights till I have my Eagletree safety net installed. (The airframe is so small, I can never find it if I take my eye off it, all testing so far has been done via the buddy system)

So while I wait, here's some videos,

Foamy FPV details (2 min 15 sec)

FPV Test fly 2, Beach side (6 min 39 sec)
JLerch is offline Find More Posts by JLerch
Old May 11, 2009, 08:04 PM
ok, maybe it is a toy
Alberta, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
First, thanks for the feedback on the diversity/antenna tracker discussion! I just started another thread on this (which I should have done in the first place) so that we can return this one to focus on the OSD Pro. Here's the diversity/tracking thread for those interested (sorry if it's missing feedback from above):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1048046

Regarding OSD Pro release, we are supposed to receive the first production run to our shipping this week. We'll need a couple of days to test/configure units, and then shipping will begin!

Yes, as always, we will send status email out to all preorderers (and post status here of course) if there are any delays past the May 15 date. Thanks for your continued patience with this!

Absolute, here's a photo of the top and bottom of the boards, which shows the pinouts. Let me know if that doesn't give you what you need:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

That is really good to hear Bill. I do not think anyone is pushing for a definative send date (to a day), we preorder-people just want to be kept informed that everything is "on-course" and that it is gonna be correctly configured before sent. Awesome!
rob mueller is offline Find More Posts by rob mueller
Old May 15, 2009, 04:10 AM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Ohhh I'm so exited! Today is the 15th!
dadde is offline Find More Posts by dadde
Old May 15, 2009, 05:28 AM
Joined Aug 2007
764 Posts
Is there an instruction sheet yet? I'd like to have a look.

I'm trying to work out how to squeeze all the devices on my new bird into a limited number of rc Tx/rx channels. ET is saying that one of the two required channels can be shared with another function - can someone explain what that's about? Is the shared channel just for the "receiver health" monitoring, or what?

Another question - for those who haven't pre-ordered, will the first production run be sufficient to keep them in stock for awhile, or will they likely sell out and be out of stock indefinitely? I'm a loyal ET user, but I'm new to video, and I'd kind of like to read a review or two first).

Thanks!

[edit:]Billpa, when you do your new ad campaign for the OSD Pro, how's this for a slogan: "ET phone home!" Not bad, eh? No charge! (Spielberg might not like it though...).
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire