HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Ok so I'm not going crazy LOL. While I didn't run the servo wizard on the PC I do get a "1" for my RSSI on both of my 10.04 ETOSD Pros. I haven't flown them and think that the 1 represents 100% and therefore will get normal numbers when the plane is further away in-flight (ie 91%, 88% etc).

Would be interesting to hear if others have run into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsw View Post
Hi All!
I`m find some interesting on 10.04 - if I run servo wizard via PC - RSSI don`t working - always show "1"!
But when I run wizard via RC - RSSI working fine...

Can anybody repeat (test) it???
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:02 PM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
I haven't flown them and think that the 1 represents 100% and therefore will get normal numbers when the plane is further away in-flight (ie 91%, 88% etc).

Would be interesting to hear if others have run into this.
No, I try different distance and power TX, and some time I see "2" or "3" - 200%..300% ??

Also I try restart OSD w/o USB (from flight battery), no change at all.

When I set "use TEMP1 as RSSI" to NO - I can see RSSI, but not 1....100% - 15(TX off)...35(TX in power and near).

Only when I run wizard from RC - RSSI working fine!
catsw is offline Find More Posts by catsw
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
398 Posts
Guys,

Just want to make sure I'm not about to suicide my plane this weekend (I've raised a proper ticket with ET but that may take a while)...

I recently updated the firmware on my elogger and OSD to 5.84 and 1.96 respectively (which I gather are the latest?). It seemed to go OK

The weird thing is that when I click on firmware control one of two things happens:
a) It says I've got elogger v0.00 and accelerometer v unknown (I don't even have an accelerometer)
b) says I've got the right version but the update buttons are active

I read a previous post that suggested this may be an accident waiting to happen...

Any ideas?
Protocrash is online now Find More Posts by Protocrash
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:42 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsw View Post
I`m find some interesting on 10.04 - if I run servo wizard via PC - RSSI don`t working - always show "1"!
But when I run wizard via RC - RSSI working fine...

Can anybody repeat (test) it???
I also got "1" for RSSI when setting up 10.04 from PC. I haven't tried via RC. I changed tmpA back to temperature again as that does indicate RSSI. The scale is off (showing 5-40 for DragonLink) but I get the idea.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:54 AM
Copter-FPV rules
Österreich
Joined Mar 2009
73 Posts
Let me start by telling you, that changing my wiring seems to work!
I connected +5V and ground to the OSD and on the testflight yesterday, there was no issue anymore .. knock on wood ;-)

To your answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
As long as there is no electrical short on the board that should not be a problem.
There is no short on the board, as I already tried a different OSD unit with the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
What I observed is that if I only power the OSD, the eLogger will start up but hang (and vice versa, power eLogger not the OSD). To fix the problem, both batteries need to be connected.
That's what I'm observing, too. Good to hear, I'm not the only one ;-) Thank you for your tipp pointing out exactly my problem!
What I don't understand is, that, although one can operate the OSD without any connection to the receiver (there is no need to connect the AUX-channels to operate the OSD unless changes have to be made during flight), the manual is not pointing out this powering issue.
Furthermore, although previously a 12V connection was routed through the OSD for camera and VTx, the OSD permanently hang during operation (running motor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
do you have routed the vid-minus also through the osd? then you had build up ground-loop ... bad emv situation. may cause a malfunction in the osd.
To get a common ground, I thought, it would be mandatory to connect both grounds of the batteries. But I think you're referencing to the ground looping the BEC ground, don't you?
Let me question you:
if no ground would be routed through the OSD, wouldn't it be a problem for the video signal to reference to?
In other words: if there were no ground, wouldn't the video signal get worse similar to FpvKiwi's trouble? (1 page ago)

Anyway, I'll continue testing on the weekend and let you know!
Thx for your support & ideas!
WEIDI. is offline Find More Posts by WEIDI.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:30 AM
Joined Jul 2010
104 Posts
Hi Billpa,

would you also make the i2c protocoll for the Guardian module available?

Best regards
3frcg is offline Find More Posts by 3frcg
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:03 AM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
I did a little testing on the OSD... something that I dont think most know...

On the OSD's video and audio, the Positive pins are isolated from the rest of the board, or seems to be.

I think what this means is, you can pass through you signal, power and ground to your camera and mic, saving some time making wire harnesses.

Does anyone else do this?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
I did a little testing on the OSD... something that I dont think most know...

On the OSD's video and audio, the Positive pins are isolated from the rest of the board, or seems to be.

I think what this means is, you can pass through you signal, power and ground to your camera and mic, saving some time making wire harnesses.

Does anyone else do this?
Yes i included a picture some page ago to a french member explaining the way to get power to those pins.

It is well explained in the manual too ;-)
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:49 AM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
manual?

lol...whats that?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:33 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot View Post
..... can I copy settings from another easy star ....
Hi
As I could control only 2 surfaces and throttle, could some of you confirm that BigWingEasyStar mod to V-tail like this Hobbyking Solo EPO, but without ailerons will work?

Turnigy 9x equipped planes without Frsky Tx/Rx have servos left in acctual positions when signal lost / that's why I have to decrease the number of surfaces i the case of autopiloting by ET.
Thanks
CzechPilot is offline Find More Posts by CzechPilot
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
A good way to trig RTH? (I am not sure with throttle cut switch)
seemed a good way to trig RTH, use the throttle trim down, to active the failsafe,than RTH. the FS was designed in the transmitter that support PCM FS. I use the throttle cut switch(matched to a switch), that simulated the throttle trim down ; can trig the RTH with toggle switch. that is more easy way? I had tested it with 9C, work great.
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:59 PM
Joined Oct 2009
40 Posts
Hi Bill ,
I have a question about the cruise speed in RTH. What about the logic? After reached the cruise altitude, use the level flight throttle? what about the speed control?
I concern that we use the pitot, that can make RTH work when met the strong headwind, almost zero or backword ground speed(spdG)?
thanks
rabit123 is offline Find More Posts by rabit123
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:52 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
218 Posts
I think i know the answer to this question, but I'm hoping someone has come up with a workaround, is there a way to plug the OSD pro AND the power-panel in at the same time?

Oh i hope there is a way.....

Mark
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:26 AM
Australia, NSW, Holsworthy
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Hi

Ok, trying to setup rth, but on the sim, instead is coming back, it circles where ever it is. Its setup with a guardian if that helps. I have tried the safety wizard and guardian wizard, but nothing seems to work.

I'm running 10.4 if that helps, firmwares updated all through

Anyone had this before?
vertigo79 is offline Find More Posts by vertigo79
Old Oct 02, 2011, 07:04 AM
Dead_Stick_7060
Espaņa, Comunidad Valenciana, Alicante
Joined Jun 2003
83 Posts
OSD PRO messages

Hello,
Is there any thread or document (for ex. PDF) with all the OSD PRO messages and the explanation of each one??
Tku
zapi2 is offline Find More Posts by zapi2