HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Floater, That's already supported. If you set the "toggle" option for "Display Live or Max Values? " menu item, the max distance should be displayed after landing, instead of the present distance. But, this does not display the total distance traveled, which is indeed on our list. I just sent an email 30 minutes ago about getting this finished.

Ah, the joy of sailplanes + thermals. We could add this, but probably with a setting, to avoid disturbing the existing behavior. In the interim, I wonder if you could "lie" and give a little down-elevator during the "neutral" phase of the Servo Analysis Wizard. This would have some effect on level flight since you're using the Guardian, but the effect might not be particularly significant over the short term.
I PMd you a short video of the distance with an asterisk instead of the max distance. It's from version 10.04.

If you can add the down elevator as an option it would be great. This was an unusual thermal and it took full down elevator to get out. The next time I run the wizard I'll try a little down elevator but I agree I don't think it will do much.
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:42 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
I'm ready to buy an OSD and it's been a toss up between Eagle Tree OSD Pro and RVOSD. BOTH are not available to purchase at the moment... so the first one to make it available gets my sale
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot View Post
I'm ready to buy an OSD and it's been a toss up between Eagle Tree OSD Pro and RVOSD. BOTH are not available to purchase at the moment... so the first one to make it available gets my sale
I don't want to be a bad mouth... but let me tell you that my brother bought a RVOSD 5 and even after numerous bad barometric chip on the board, they sent him a bad one, so he had to send it back and email and email numerous time to get an answer, we are still waiting for his replacement, i am very impressed with the things RVOSD can do BUT not with the after sale service, check it up, check the v bulletin on there web site and see for yourself, months of waiting when you get a defective OSD is a no go for me.

I have a complete ET OSD Pro and guardian, it is more wires and more tweaking but i LOVE it. Also you get the BEST after sale service from them all and that plays a big role in sales i am sure.

just my opinion anyway ;-)
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:01 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
I don't want to be a bad mouth... but let me tell you that my brother bought a RVOSD 5 and even after numerous bad barometric chip on the board, they sent him a bad one, so he had to send it back and email and email numerous time to get an answer, we are still waiting for his replacement, i am very impressed with the things RVOSD can do BUT not with the after sale service, check it up, check the v bulletin on there web site and see for yourself, months of waiting when you get a defective OSD is a no go for me.

I have a complete ET OSD Pro and guardian, it is more wires and more tweaking but i LOVE it. Also you get the BEST after sale service from them all and that plays a big role in sales i am sure.

just my opinion anyway ;-)
I have little to no experience with other OSD's. I can tell you though, that I love the Guardian.

Setting up the OSD PRO wasn't real easy for me, I had to work through some issues with the pulse width detection (failsafe) at first, but now it's set up right, and I love it.

If you spend some time with the manual, it will save you some frustration.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
577 Posts
I have both the Eagletree+OSDPro+Guardian+Airspeed+Baro and I have a FY21AP-II+AP117OSD

What I like about the Eagletree: Airspeed sensor
What I like about the FY21AP-II: Auto circle mode and 5 min setup.

What I don't like about the Eagletree: No auto circle mode, complicated setup and PC required for setup
What I don't like about the FY21AP-II: No Airspeed indicator.
htran is offline Find More Posts by htran
Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Mar 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
I had the same dilemma a few years back.
My decision was based on 2 questions.
1) Atenna tracker more important
2) full autopilot more important.

Hardly any news on the RVOSD antenna tracker.
And ETOSD promissed auto-pilot way points. (plus Return to Home was already implemented).

At the time ETOSD was the no brainer. Specially that it has extra addons like pitot, etc..
And Bill says were not too far off from the Waypoint sequencer now.

you can always try both!
Cannonballer is offline Find More Posts by Cannonballer
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:28 AM
Joined Jan 2008
402 Posts
I have ET OSD, complete setup with Guardian, EagleEyes, baro etc. I am very happy with it, but wish ET would learn from other OSD.

I want to stick to ET for its great community. But I would also want:
- 2 independant ailerons stabilisation so I can fpv with full house gliders without loosing Crow hability.
- A true radar with plane PoV like competition, more accurate home arrow etc.
- Smoother graphics
- A filtered 5V & 12V power.

All this could fit in a new Osd pro module (please, not another module) The current one has never been updated.

Cheers.
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Last edited by sancho28; Sep 29, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:53 AM
Copter-FPV rules
Österreich
Joined Mar 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
Do you get garbled video or just the error message?
No, my video picture itself is fine all the way.
Just the OSD restarts during operation and creates errors.

Maybe, my issue is caused by the way I'm powering the OSD.
Previously, the 12V for my camera + VTx was routed through the OSD (left picture).
Meanwhile I changed this not to route the +12V through it.
Testing yesterday showed a huge difference: 8 1/2 minutes testflight without any issue.

Additionally, I'll connect one AUX-channel to my receiver to power the OSD with +5V (picture on the right side).

What do you think?
Could that be the reason for the OSD to restart?
(I never read, that the OSD itself has to be powered, since it's connected to the eLogger. And the elogger has the Y-throttle-harness for 6s-batteries..?!)

WEIDI. is offline Find More Posts by WEIDI.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:04 AM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,063 Posts
Quote:
Hugeone, please let me know if you can reproduce the problem without that switch.
Flew without the switch everything was perfect, image in the AIO was stable even in darkness. The switch was the culprit all along. I tried my WDR600 without switch and it still does, that's why I ruled out the switch when I first tried.

Also I noted the image quality to be better without the switch, so for the record the flytron switch is garbage.

-Hugo
Hugeone is online now Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:18 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIDI. View Post

Previously, the 12V for my camera + VTx was routed through the OSD (left picture).
Testing yesterday showed a huge difference: 8 1/2 minutes testflight without any issue.

Additionally, I'll connect one AUX-channel to my receiver to power the OSD with +5V (picture on the right side).

What do you think?
(I never read, that the OSD itself has to be powered, since it's connected to the eLogger. And the elogger has the Y-throttle-harness for 6s-batteries..?!)

As long as there is no electrical short on the board that should not be a problem.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
As long as there is no electrical short on the board that should not be a problem.
Weidi,
I had this issue. I thought the same thing about power to the OSD from the eLogger. I am powering my OSD from one battery and the eLogger through the current sensor. What I observed is that if I only power the OSD, the eLogger will start up but hang (and vice versa, power eLogger not the OSD). To fix the problem, both batteries need to be connected (eLogger and OSD powered) and in my case, everything works perfectly, never a problem. As soon as things start going crazy, I usually discover only one battery is connected. YMMV (Your mileage may vary)
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIDI. View Post

What do you think?

do you have routed the vid-minus also through the osd? then you had build up ground-loop ... bad emv situation. may cause a malfunction in the osd.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:59 AM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer View Post
I had the same dilemma a few years back.
My decision was based on 2 questions.
1) Atenna tracker more important
2) full autopilot more important.

Hardly any news on the RVOSD antenna tracker.
And ETOSD promissed auto-pilot way points. (plus Return to Home was already implemented).

At the time ETOSD was the no brainer. Specially that it has extra addons like pitot, etc..
And Bill says were not too far off from the Waypoint sequencer now.

you can always try both!
Let's say I do go with eagle tree, can I copy settings from another easy star user to avoid the complicated setup?

I like eagle osd pro features but the complication is concerning for me since I don't have much time on my hands (wife + soon to be born)
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joined Sep 2010
53 Posts
Hi All!
I`m find some interesting on 10.04 - if I run servo wizard via PC - RSSI don`t working - always show "1"!
But when I run wizard via RC - RSSI working fine...

Can anybody repeat (test) it???
catsw is offline Find More Posts by catsw
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:42 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
[QUOTE=dgpilot;19455433]Let's say I do go with eagle tree, can I copy settings from another easy star user to avoid the complicated setup?
QUOTE]

NO! There are just to many variable in each set up.

this is the biggest problem.

when other flyer see what I have to go through ..that turns them off.

I try to tell them, other ET owners can set there up easy and fast I just not one who can!

the down side is>>there are two FPV flyer with out OSD and are looking for some other OSD than ET.

I still saying ET is the way to go.
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida