SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:01 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2009
149 Posts
NEWANDADDICTED and SSANCHO:

Thanks for assist. I was in PCM, but new software update allows me to turn off servo glitch.
DMEN is offline Find More Posts by DMEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
I made my first fly today with the guardian, and everything works perfect, with all the standard parameters. It's very easy now to configure the RTH, and the stabilization works incredible well.
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Old Sep 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamar View Post
I made my first fly today with the guardian, and everything works perfect, with all the standard parameters. It's very easy now to configure the RTH, and the stabilization works incredible well.
good to hear it.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
France
Joined Aug 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
If you connect them like this you can power the vtx and the camera, there is no power coming out of the OSD, you have to supply it, look at that picture

Thanks to all for help!
voodou is online now Find More Posts by voodou
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2011
577 Posts
I have an EagleTree OSD Pro but I haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure how the RTH works. I currently have the FY21AP-II installed and the RTH works fantastic. But I'm not sure how the OSD Pro does RTH without the need for gyro to detect pitch/roll. As far as I am aware the OSD Pro is supposed to do RTH without the Guardian, right? I surprises me how it can do RTH without the need for the Guardian.

Also can the OSD Pro do position hold/loiter/auto circle like the ArduPilot or FY21AP?
htran is offline Find More Posts by htran
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:43 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Graphics error

Does anyone have an idea what this problem is?
I'm trying out a new sc2000 camera connected to OSD Pro via a video switch on my TwinStar.

Image problem 1 (0 min 44 sec)

When the camera points to the sky, the image seems to become even brighter instead of normalizing the brightness. At the same time v-sync is almost lost and OSD Pro starts to display "Graphics Error 000000. Email Support". Once displayed, the error message never goes away.

One the second flight, the disturbances looked different and even more severe (see below). It looks similar to when I connect 12v to e-logger but not servo 5v to the OSD. The problem was there even as I glided for landing so motors and ESCs shouldn't be a factor.

Image problem 2 (0 min 18 sec)

I'm using the latest 10.04 OSD firmware. Running without the video switch works. But the switch works fine in bench testing and I've flown with the switch, OSD Pro and another camera before. The VTx doesn't seem to disturb any electronics either.

EDIT: Here's a third example with the same setup. Video was awful and it appears the OSD won't start properly. I also get "OSD Internal Error 1E0000". Should I monitor the servo voltage or something?
Image problem 3 (0 min 24 sec)
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Last edited by FpvKiwi; Sep 26, 2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Third example
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:45 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htran View Post
I have an EagleTree OSD Pro but I haven't installed it yet because I'm not sure how the RTH works. I currently have the FY21AP-II installed and the RTH works fantastic. But I'm not sure how the OSD Pro does RTH without the need for gyro to detect pitch/roll. As far as I am aware the OSD Pro is supposed to do RTH without the Guardian, right? I surprises me how it can do RTH without the need for the Guardian.

Also can the OSD Pro do position hold/loiter/auto circle like the ArduPilot or FY21AP?
OSD Pro needs either a self-levelling aircraft, a Guardian or FY20 or other stabilizer to stay aloft when doing RTH. Why not just keep the FY21AP for stabilization/RTH and use OSD Pro for the OSD features?
It can not do any of the other features you mention.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2011
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
OSD Pro needs either a self-levelling aircraft, a Guardian or FY20 or other stabilizer to stay aloft when doing RTH. Why not just keep the FY21AP for stabilization/RTH and use OSD Pro for the OSD features?
It can not do any of the other features you mention.
My FY21AP already has the AP117 OSD which is integrated with the FY21AP displaying AH, compass etc. I was thinking of swapping out the FY21AP for the ET so I could get airspeed, but that seems like the only benefit with the trade of auto circle mode.

I'm thinking that if I could get airspeed indicator on the AP117 OSD it would be the perfect system.

I'm also considering daisy chaining the AP117 with the OSD Pro and having the OSD Pro just display the airspeed, but the down side is that I'd have to carry the logger, and the OSD pro in addition to the airspeed sensor.
htran is offline Find More Posts by htran
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:35 PM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,066 Posts
Quote:
I'm trying out a new sc2000 camera connected to OSD Pro via a video switch on my TwinStar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yFLveVW4bg

When the camera points to the sky, the image seems to become even brighter instead of normalizing the brightness. At the same time v-sync is almost lost and OSD Pro starts to display "Graphics Error 000000. Email Support". Once displayed, the error message never goes away.

One the second flight, the disturbances looked different and even more severe (see below). It looks similar to when I connect 12v to e-logger but not servo 5v to the OSD. The problem was there even as I glided for landing so motors and ESCs shouldn't be a factor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLPF7upEheM

I'm using the latest 10.04 OSD firmware. Running without the video switch works. But the switch works fine in bench testing and I've flown with the switch, OSD Pro and another camera before. The VTx doesn't seem to disturb any electronics either.

EDIT: Here's a third example with the same setup. Video was awful and it appears the OSD won't start properly. I also get "OSD Internal Error 1E0000". Should I monitor the servo voltage or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0YReiqx2Y
I'm using the same switch, different cam and got the exact same problem.

-Hugo
Hugeone is online now Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:00 AM
Copter-FPV rules
Österreich
Joined Mar 2009
73 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yFLveVW4bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLPF7upEheM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0YReiqx2Y
I have a similar problem.
See:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...or20110913.jpg

On my helicopter, I'm using one 6s flight battery, throttle backup harness connected, and one 3s battery shared for VTx and with BEC for the receiver. On a testflight, the OSD seemed to be stable for about 5 minutes. Then, the problem suddenly occured showing the error message "Graphics Error 0D0000. Email support".
I'm not using any video-switch!

I opened a support ticket and Don told me it may be a defective unit.
So I sent it for repair and am now waiting for a repaired or replaced unit.

Cheers,
WEIDI
WEIDI. is offline Find More Posts by WEIDI.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:04 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeone View Post
I'm using the same switch, different cam and got the exact same problem.
Interesting, under what conditions do you see the problem?

I've set everything up indoors and it works flawless again. Receiver voltage fluctuates down to +4v when I move the servos a lot but it doesn't cause any video problem. Aiming the camera into a shining light works. Neither VTx or the DL transmitter causes much interference either. If the symptoms only were consistent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIDI. View Post
I have a similar problem.
Do you get garbled video or just the error message?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:29 PM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,066 Posts
I can reproduce the problem on the bench pointing a strong flashlight in the cam.
I do get V-sync loss but only for a split sec. before the cam self adjust.
The error message appear and telemetry is loss also, need OSD reset of get telemetry back.

I'm pretty sure it's video level issue, when the OSD detect an out of whack video signal it display this error message.

I will try without the switch tonight, but I seem to remember trying it without success.

-Hugo
Hugeone is online now Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:05 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Let's get to the bottom of this: new video switch analysis thread
It appears you are right, Hugeone, although I haven't yet decided if OSD Pro is excused to barf on the video.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
GregSilver,
Quote:
Bill, please add the ability to change to miles after reaching 1 mile.
Thanks, that is on our list.

Tony,
Quote:
I have my radar set for 2,500'. When my plane gets that far away, the icon is near the outer part of the screen as it should be. When this happens when the plane is near the top of the screen, it eats away and erases all text it moves over like the Guardian gain setting, pan/tilt, etc. Any way to fix this besides scaling the radar to a larger scale to not have it reach the top of the effected area mentioned?
Yes, that's a very annoying problem, and we're finally in the process of fixing it.

1111Mavrick,
Quote:
Then suddenly the 10.4 firmware was gone from it.... now it reads firmware 0.00 and tels me i need to update the firmware, so i do but it doesn't take and just keeps telling me to update firmware.
Yes, unfortunately that indicates to me that the eLogger's microcontroller is failing. If you open a web ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com, we can get that replaced for you.

ssancho,
Quote:
Bill, I found out that my Altimeter V4 was displaying feet, whereas I asked metrics via the windows software. So I used the jumper to set it to metrics, but I wonder if this desynchronisation is normal...
Yes, that is normal. After experimenting with the various options, we decided that having those two settings be independent was the least confusing way to approach it.

Cannonballer,
Quote:
RADAR AUTO ZOOM!
Yes, that's on our list, but for too long now (and your implementation suggestion sounds good to me)! The really big projects from the list (PC version of the RTH/Analysis wizard and PC version of the EE calibration) are done now, which should speed up finishing up the other items.

Floater,
Quote:
Is max distance on the list to be added to the summary at the end of a flight? If not could you add it?
That's already supported. If you set the "toggle" option for "Display Live or Max Values? " menu item, the max distance should be displayed after landing, instead of the present distance. But, this does not display the total distance traveled, which is indeed on our list. I just sent an email 30 minutes ago about getting this finished.
Quote:
Is there a way to have RTH apply down elevator until max airspeed is reached if the plane continues to climb with the motor off?
Ah, the joy of sailplanes + thermals. We could add this, but probably with a setting, to avoid disturbing the existing behavior. In the interim, I wonder if you could "lie" and give a little down-elevator during the "neutral" phase of the Servo Analysis Wizard. This would have some effect on level flight since you're using the Guardian, but the effect might not be particularly significant over the short term.

wda38,
Quote:
Im using the elogger/OSD pro with a 6s Lipo for power and 3s for video Tx/Rx/Cam. The heat build up I get in the elogger is unsettling and I wonder what normal temp should be while in use.
When using the OSD Pro + eLogger V4 + GPS with greater than 4s packs, you'll need to hook up backup power. Please see page 6 of the manual here for information on how to hook this up. If you aren't using it, and the eLogger's regulator gets too hot, it will briefly shut down, causing the on-screen data to freeze for a few seconds (the OSD Pro itself will remain powered via the receiver servo hookups).

newandaddicted, is it possible that you have your sample rate set to a very slow value, like one update every minute? That's the first thing that comes to mind. Could you check this under "Hardware, Set Recorder Capture Rate". Also, which version of our PC software did you install? The most recent versions (10.04, for example) will put up a warning if you configure the system with low sample rates.

FpvKiwi, sorry to hear about the issue. I have no information about that particular switch. However, I can say with certainty that the switch here, which is designed by someone who's video technical expertise is probably unmatched, will be within spec, have the appropriate video buffering, bandwidth, etc. In general, when mainstream cameras, receivers, etc. are out of spec, and cause problems with our OSD Pro or EagleEyes, we dig in and find a firmware workaround. I'll extend that service if any problems are encountered with the switch linked to above.

Hugeone, please let me know if you can reproduce the problem without that switch.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:16 PM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
703 Posts
Thanks billpa. I might just order the dpcav.com switch to make it easy for myself.

Regarding radar auto zoom: Make the scale switch happen in big discrete jumps (such as 2/5/10 km) or in some other way mark the current scale to make it clear how far away the pixel distance means. For example change the aircraft radar icon like how it currently inverts, or change the graphics of the home crosshair.

And another feature request: Angle above horizon, calculated as arctan(height/distance). I need to know when I fly below the free line of sight past the tree tops... this time before I do it

Thanks!