HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
France
Joined Aug 2010
106 Posts
Hello, i've a stupid question, does the osd pro provide 12v or 5v to power the camera?

Thanks.
voodou is offline Find More Posts by voodou
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodou View Post
Hello, i've a stupid question, does the osd pro provide 12v or 5v to power the camera?

Thanks.
you have to supply the voltage with a "Y" cable, so you decide if you want 12 or 5.
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Aug 2010
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer View Post
Definetly count my vote one that one.
I beleive a lot of people want this feature.
RADAR AUTO ZOOM!

BILLP,
You can make it very simple.
use the current Radar setting as a multiplyer for the Radar zoom.

Example:
Radar setting = 1000'
When reached, it becomes 2000', then 3000' automatically, etc...
And same thing on the way back, just in reverse.
Add my vote for this feature.
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:21 PM
France
Joined Aug 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
you have to supply the voltage with a "Y" cable, so you decide if you want 12 or 5.
Thanks for answering. I hoped that it could provide power to my camera

Too much wires as always...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:25 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,164 Posts
Quote:

Pas trop compliquer, tu n'as qu'a faire une petite connection sur le + et le - de ton alimentation, le courant passe du "in" au "out" dans le OSD, donc tu as seulement a le faire passer par le in ou out.

Si ce n'est pas clair, gêne toi pas pour me contacter en PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:30 PM
France
Joined Aug 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
Pas trop compliquer, tu n'as qu'a faire une petite connection sur le + et le - de ton alimentation, le courant passe du "in" au "out" dans le OSD, donc tu as seulement a le faire passer par le in ou out.

Si ce n'est pas clair, gêne toi pas pour me contacter en PM.
Pas de soucis pour le bidouillage, merci en tout cas, mais j'ai eu l'espoir qu'il soit possible de limiter le cablage. je vais essayer de faire ça propre.

Merci encore
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:45 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Bill,

Is max distance on the list to be added to the summary at the end of a flight? If not could you add it?

The latest flights have all the Eagletree stuff working well. The Guardian is great. RTH works every time.

Is there a way to have RTH apply down elevator until max airspeed is reached if the plane continues to climb with the motor off? Twice now I've had to take control to keep the plane from going up. My altitude is set at 400 +- 50'. Here's the first story. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1006 It happened again yesterday but the climb rate was only 100-300 fpm. This time I took back control sooner at 500' without a problem.

Thanks,
Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:13 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer View Post
Definetly count my vote one that one.
I beleive a lot of people want this feature.
RADAR AUTO ZOOM!

BILLP,
You can make it very simple.
use the current Radar setting as a multiplyer for the Radar zoom.

Example:
Radar setting = 1000'
When reached, it becomes 2000', then 3000' automatically, etc...
And same thing on the way back, just in reverse.
Add my vote for this feature.
this feature would be useful .... pls add it.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:46 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Quote:

I have a 12v camera plugged right into my OSD with a normal servo lead, it powers my camera, it just won't power a vtx.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Sep 24, 2011, 07:07 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
I have a 12v camera plugged right into my OSD with a normal servo lead, it powers my camera, it just won't power a vtx.
If you connect them like this you can power the vtx and the camera, there is no power coming out of the OSD, you have to supply it, look at that picture
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Jan 2010
374 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm having some GPS issues on my eagletree OSD an was hoping someone can help me troubleshoot...

The GPS (original eagletree expander) has always been working fine. Before today's flight I updated the elogger and OSD firmwares (I think they were really old). It appeared that all settings were maintained.

In today's flight the GPS didn't work. Symptoms:
- Coordinates appear but they seem to update very infrequently and erratically
- The radar cursor isn't really moving
- The speed and altitude show almost constant values
- I fly right in the middle of a field with normally perfect GPS reception

Here's the vid:
Near miss.... (32 min 25 sec)

After coming back I checked and the option to "record all GPS parameters" on the elogger was not checked (I've checked it now). Also note that I had the "set minimum number of satellites" to zero and "require 3D GPS fix" to No.

So the question is, was the "record all parameters" setting to blame? I find it strange that some coordinates were shown and the values of the altitude and speed changed occasionally....

Also, another issue was that the mAh counter (which always worked really well) didn't seem to work this time (however the PKv one worked fine!). Finally, return to home didn't engage at all (I even run the safety wizard again) - I'm guessing that's because the GPS wasn't working properly?

Thanks!
Protocrash is offline Find More Posts by Protocrash
Last edited by Protocrash; Sep 24, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2009
7 Posts
elogger heating up

Im using the elogger/OSD pro with a 6s Lipo for power and 3s for video Tx/Rx/Cam.

The heat build up I get in the elogger is unsettling and I wonder what normal temp should be while in use. I have no way of measuring right now but it gets quite warm to the touch sometimes.

I apologize for not reading the 400 plus other posts first. So if its posted already let me know.
wda38 is offline Find More Posts by wda38
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined Nov 2009
149 Posts
My OSD RTH feature is set for low throttle only, but the RTH engages every time I connect power to it. Arrrgggg! Screen tells me RTH engaged because of servo glitches. I only want the RTH to engage if the throttle goes low. Servos twitch no matter what. I can't change that (stock multiplex servos). Thanks in advance. I put in a ticket to ET but no reply after a week.
DMEN is offline Find More Posts by DMEN
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Jan 2010
374 Posts
Dmen,

A few things to try:
- Make sure your minimum altitude is set high enough and the altitude error is such that it never engages throttle on the ground
- It sounds like you're using PPM as opposed to 2.4 or PCM. I think you really need to change. With PCM you set failsafe to a specific position (on one or more channels) and rangom servo twitching won't cause it to engage
Protocrash is offline Find More Posts by Protocrash
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Oct 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMEN View Post
My OSD RTH feature is set for low throttle only, but the RTH engages every time I connect power to it. Arrrgggg! Screen tells me RTH engaged because of servo glitches. I only want the RTH to engage if the throttle goes low. Servos twitch no matter what. I can't change that (stock multiplex servos). Thanks in advance. I put in a ticket to ET but no reply after a week.
You have an option to tell the OSD to ignore glitches. I think it is in safety menu.

Greetings...
ssancho is offline Find More Posts by ssancho