Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,652 Posts
Thint1, you're the man! Thank you very much for the repost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi AdamChicago,

Mike "m beeson" posted a link to his video here (post 1070) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...399687&page=72
i had two flights with this settings and the rth-settings all to default. stabilisation was o.k. but turn and climb at rth was very smooth.

Christ Rigotti posted 2 pictures (screencopies). but i canīt find them online.
hoping that christ will not claim his copyright iīll upload those pictures again

i use christīs settings but have activated center stick and heading-hold. with the additional changes in the "safety config" the plane turns and climbs very well.

cheers Thomas
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:38 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
That was my thought exactly.

Did you lower white, and raise black?

I think my white is about 3 and black is about 7
Cant be sure I tried that exact combination but I tried adjusting both black and white several times. I tried a external BEC and it seems its a tad better but not acceptable.
viper6549 is offline Find More Posts by viper6549
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:58 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6549 View Post
Cant be sure I tried that exact combination but I tried adjusting both black and white several times. I tried a external BEC and it seems its a tad better but not acceptable.
You might want to adjust them some more. I had the exact same problem with mine and a friends and that's what fixed them both. You just need to find the right combination. And I think it depends on the monitor or goggles you are useing as to what black/white levels should be used.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:59 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
....when the Lawmate tx is used video I get poor video.
Hi
It looks like the problem with the signal level that could be often solved by the impedance modification. There are people succesful by adding 100 ohm resistor to the ground between OSD output and Vtx input.
Try to search "lawmate 100 ohm", like here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...m#post18255519
CzechPilot is offline Find More Posts by CzechPilot
Last edited by CzechPilot; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:55 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Dec 2004
78 Posts
Quote:
Could it be that your RX or the TX is on PAL mode or PAL version?

I notice that you are using NTSC and in the video looks like NTSC/PAL noise...

How is you image without the OSD? , just with the CAM,TX - RX...

arisarts is offline Find More Posts by arisarts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:57 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
I have a problem!!!

I just got my new v4,osd pro, gps,900mhz tx rx and camera today. hooked everything up,updated to latest firmware 10.4, things were working great,i was in live mode setting stuff up when i noticed the amp meter was buried on 100amps...... the OSD said i was pulling 118amps..... there was no ESC even plugged in to the E-logger.... Then i felt the E-logger and it was very hot!
So it looks like there must be a short or something in the E-logger..... Or am i missing something?

What can i do?..... If i pull back the shrink wrap to see,the warranty will be void right?
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:42 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisarts View Post
Could it be that your RX or the TX is on PAL mode or PAL version?.....
Yes, could be
If the chain of the devices till the capture device is correct, there shouldn't be any black borders [ not in the case of the wideangle hd cam] as it is in the video - how it was captured?. If you try to capture NTSC signal with a PAL set device, there is horizontal border at the bottom and the picture is BW. Any bright titles could make it out of sync, as it happens in your case. Any bright titles could make out of sync overdriven video input anywhere in the video chain.

Edit: My player has shown the borders, but they were not. Sorry, tv sytem is OK.
Last edited by CzechPilot; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:27 AM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPilot View Post
Hi
It looks like the problem with the signal level that could be often solved by the impedance modification. There are people succesful by adding 100 ohm resistor to the ground between OSD output and Vtx input.
Try to search "lawmate 100 ohm", like here : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...m#post18255519
Tried diffrent value resistors between ground and video out, no help.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Yes, could be
If the chain of the devices till the capture device is correct, there shouldn't be any black borders [ not in the case of the wideangle hd cam] as it is in the video - how it was captured?. If you try to capture NTSC signal with a PAL set device, there is horizontal border at the bottom and the picture is BW. Any bright titles could make it out of sync, as it happens in your case. Any bright titles could make out of sync overdriven video input anywhere in the video chain.
Using my jetview recorder for video recording, using a monitor for video viewing. I am going to try adjusting the white balance of the odd again later today. the picture is good without the osd.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:24 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
...deleted...

Edit: My player has shown the borders, but they were not. Sorry, tv sytem is OK.
Last edited by CzechPilot; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
All,

Trying to setup Guardian, I upgraded OSD Pro / Elogger V4 to 10.04 (coming from 9.96). It seems that I have a poorer GPS reception. I hardly get 5 sats when I used to catch 11.
Any info on this ? Same plane, same setup.

Cheers, Sancho
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:21 AM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
I read in some manual of jetview recorder that default system is PAL. In your video sample is nice blue picture (recorded without video input signal) over the all captured window. When the signal appears, there is sync problem immediately, black and white picture and horizontal borders. NTSC has 480 lines and PAL 576 so there is 96 lines difference creating horizontal border and BW picture, when NTSC is captured by a PAL device.
Check the jetview system please.

Its the same through my fatsharks also. The jetview is set to ntsc.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,029 Posts
Quote:
Hugeone, sorry for that error. The error message you are seeing indicates a internal comms disruption, and is almost certainly due to a brief voltage or connection interruption from impact - it is not related to light. The message in your case is not significant, and should not appear any more in that scenario, starting with 10.02. Re black bands, I'm not able to see that either. Probably due to the video compression. You may want to try adjusting black and white level to see if that eliminates it (no changes have been made in that area).
Still do it with 10.04, I can make it appear by pointing a flashlight in the cam, no impact, no disconnection.
Also my telemetry is still fragile to light change.
Also my goggle (AIO) still flicker on top and bottom with a dark scene and telemetry ON.

My support ticket I made 3 weeks ago about it is still unanswered...
In short, nothing is resolved.

-Hugo
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Last edited by Hugeone; Sep 21, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:19 PM
Joined Aug 2010
884 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2lUbkAIaI

Guys take a look at the video and let me know what you think.
I have a good video going directly from the OSD pro to my ground station but when the Lawmate tx is used video I get poor video.

Viper,
I was just having the same issue and solved it by adjusting the video gains with a cheap 20$ 1 input, 4 output video splitter with gains for each channel. I had to adjust each device on the output side individually and the waviness went away. Your mileage may vary.....

Just found it.... its this one

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=103&page=1
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
....solved it by adjusting the video gains .....
But if there is problem OSD - Vtx and not VRx- Monitor/recorder, he needs some lighter "voltage divider"
where R2=100 ohm and R1 trimmer 1kohm. "Es" is a source of signal in our case[OSD or Vrx] and Rl is Vtx or recorder/monitor, depending where we put it.