Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Marc,

You can run a 4s through the e-logger,

then the rest of the voltages will be stepped down for your Vtx system, and Rx system.

You would pull the backup power from the stepped down voltge (i.e. from a BEC).

Mike
Thanks for the help.
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:24 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Well I tried the rate gyro tonight. It didn't really work very well. During RTH, I got most of the yaw, I then clicked RTH off then gave it full throttle and it stayed on course. Yes, I have throttle to rudder mix on my 9303. So a little mixing takes care of the problem. I ordered a programmable DIGIMIX II from Robot Market Place for $15. I'll program a little throttle to rudder using the mixer and turn off the mix in the transmitter. The mixer will be downstream of the OSD for throttle and inline with the rudder servo and reciever. For $20 delivered, this might just work out well for me.
I got the Digimix II tonight and programmed it to give a little rudder when the throttle is advanced. I matched the throws to equal the mix I had in the 9303. The mixer worked good.......except........

when the throttle goes through the OSD it causes the rudder to "flutter" every so often. This is with the ESC disconnected so I'm not getting anything from the ESC. As a matter of fact, with the throttle from the Dragon Link receiver going directly to th ESC and the mixer, the rudder and the mixer work perfectly. I only have a problem if the throttle goes from the receiver, to the OSD, the ESC, and the mixer. I added some ferrites to the throttle and rudder inputs to the mixer and that didn't help.

Anybody have any other ideas?
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
& plug it into where ? The osd
Thanks
Everything which needs 12V: camera, VTx ... but not OSD.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2 Posts
Hi, Electricmick!
Thank you.
BW Easystar its SUPER! Can you show Eagle sttings RTH and Guardian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmick View Post
Here are some clips of testing v10.04 RTH capability on my Big Wing Easystar using default values on everything. The only issue was that during the servo wizard I set the cruise throttle too low so it descends until the climb setting kicks in. The Guardian works brilliantly. I will tweak up the proportional gain and limits slightly on both pitch and roll to make it more responsive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZmr-2r3chk

Mick
avasavas is offline Find More Posts by avasavas
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:49 AM
Joined Oct 2010
94 Posts
OSD Wiring

Hello everyone,

Well, as I finally had to remove the osd to test, I was thinking to make a new wiring moved away from the rx (for that of the interference).

The question is: it is necessary that all the cables for all channels coming from the rx, take the negative and positive? Or just to drive one of the cables and other cables is only enough signal?

The outputs have to understand that if a servo feed, having to carry all the cables.

thanks

Saludos ...
ssancho is offline Find More Posts by ssancho
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
Canada,Quebec
Joined Jan 2005
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssancho View Post
Hello everyone,

Well, as I finally had to remove the osd to test, I was thinking to make a new wiring moved away from the rx (for that of the interference).

The question is: it is necessary that all the cables for all channels coming from the rx, take the negative and positive? Or just to drive one of the cables and other cables is only enough signal?

The outputs have to understand that if a servo feed, having to carry all the cables.

thanks

Saludos ...
You can carry only signal, that's what I do. My OSD is powered by a filtered source, only signal is come from rx.
Hugeone is offline Find More Posts by Hugeone
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:10 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,652 Posts
Thint1, I couldn't find your's or Crists OSD Pro RTH settings that help tighten up the RTH loop diameter...can you share a link to that info?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Check that you have set "Record all GPS data" in the PC eLogger settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi AdamChicago,

if you have logged all gps-data (like garris2 mentioned) try this:

open your logger file and choose only one session to be displayed.
save the "kml" of this session and start google earth. open the kml with the "data menu" in google earth (data - open file).

on my pc the double-click doesnīt work too.

cheers Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi AdamChicago,

your rth-loops are looking fine to me - under windy conditions.
the plane turns with a constant amount of degrees per second and the wind will influence the pattern across the ground.
in other words the google-track will show a larger diameter at the part of the turn with the wind and the radius will be smaller in the area cross the wind ... so you are getting "eggs" instead of circles.
the pole of the egg is the home-point, because the plane will start to turn again when its crossing this point.

there is no scale in this picture, but i think, that your settings for the turning parameters are a little bit low. my sw circles with app. 100m diameter. i use the same settings like christ (i wrote this in the guardian-thread).

cheers Thomas
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Sep 20, 2011, 03:08 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
2.4 Lawmate and OSD PRO problem

154648-2.AVI (0 min 46 sec)

Guys take a look at the video and let me know what you think.
I have a good video going directly from the OSD pro to my ground station but when the Lawmate tx is used video I get poor video.
viper6549 is offline Find More Posts by viper6549
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:36 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,302 Posts
Guardian Settings

Hi AdamChicago,

Mike "m beeson" posted a link to his video here (post 1070) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...399687&page=72
i had two flights with this settings and the rth-settings all to default. stabilisation was o.k. but turn and climb at rth was very smooth.

Christ Rigotti posted 2 pictures (screencopies). but i canīt find them online.
hoping that christ will not claim his copyright iīll upload those pictures again

i use christīs settings but have activated center stick and heading-hold. with the additional changes in the "safety config" the plane turns and climbs very well.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper6549 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2lUbkAIaI

I have a good video going directly from the OSD pro to my ground station but when the Lawmate tx is used video I get poor video.
Which antenna are you using?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Which antenna are you using?
I was using IB,s V but I havE tried the stock antenna also. Notice at the start of the video before the osd displays any txt the video is clean, so it shouldn't be a antenna problem.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:41 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,592 Posts
Thanks Thint1. I spent a bit of time looking through old posts to find those settings you mentioned. I'll have to save off the photos some place too just so I have reference later on.

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:43 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2lUbkAIaI

Adjusting your text white and black levels should fix that.
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:42 PM
Bugs!!!!!!!
USA, OK, Wayne
Joined Sep 2009
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post
Adjusting your text white and black levels should fix that.
Already did that. Picture is perfect with my cheap hobbyking 900mhz.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:34 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,373 Posts
Quote:
Already did that. Picture is perfect with my cheap hobbyking 900mhz.

That was my thought exactly.

Did you lower white, and raise black?

I think my white is about 3 and black is about 7
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson