Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:30 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi Mike,
interesting, where is this feature hidden? i get sometimes "bad pulswidths" too.
Thomas
Thomas,

I don't know where it is, I've never looked for it, but according to some posts from Bill; It was supposed to be included in this last upgrade.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,128 Posts
hi mike,
i think i will leave this feature "on" because it triggers the rth.
better to fly sometimes zig-zag than loose the plane

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:15 AM
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Joined Dec 2007
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi Steve,
i fly a t-rex 600e too. my skills ... stunts, but no 3d.
search for "helicommand 3x" captron is working on a new unit with additional rth. so you will get full stabilisation, rth and flybarless
i use the helicommand 3d for emergency stabilisation ...and never crashed since mounting.
the data-logger with gps-sensor is working well in my rex. gps is not influenced from chassis or blades. my mounting position is on the top-side of the tailboom-block between the chassissideplates.

cheers Thomas
Many thanks Thomas, I have helicommand 3A, as yet still in it's box unused,
didn't know captron was working on a heli rth feature, thats sounds interesting, and probably expensive, I will check them out.

Thanks again

Steve
HeliEye is offline Find More Posts by HeliEye
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:23 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixturethis View Post
Is there anything I have to do to run my osd system on 4s. My VTX & camera are 12volts.
Thanks
Just take 3S exit of balancer
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
Just take 3S exit of balancer
& plug it into where ? The osd
Thanks
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:11 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Is there anything I have to do to run my osd system on 4s. My VTX & camera are 12volts.
Thanks
Quote:
& plug it into where ? The osd
Thanks
You should be able to run your battery straight through the e-logger, and branch off of the e-logger output for your ESC, BEC and voltage reducer.

You may have to run the voltage jumper to the osd. You'll have to look in the manual to see if you need the jumper for that voltage.

If you can't find it in the manual, let me know. I've read it several times, so I know what i'm looking for, but I can't recall the details...

Mike
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:04 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,142 Posts
Thanks for the help, I read the manual tonight.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:00 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,142 Posts
Copyright © 2009-2011 Eagle Tree Systems, LLC http://www.eagletreesystems.com
Connecting the OSD Pro and GPS Expander to the eLogger V4
The four pin wire with black connector on the OSD Pro plugs into the “OSD/LCD” port of your eLogger V3, as shown in the figure below. If you have a PowerPanel or other sensors, those can “daisy chain” to the pins on the OSD Pro, with the polarity as indicated on the OSD Pro label, as shown in Figure 2.
The GPS Expander connects to the upper row of eLogger pins, as shown in the figure below.
Normally, the OSD Pro system is powered via the flight battery, which connects to the “Batt” connection of the eLogger V4. If the battery you are connecting to the eLogger V4 is greater than 4S (about 16V), the throttle monitoring Y cable included with the Logger V4 needs to be connected between the “Throttle” input of the eLogger V4 and any receiver channel (or a 5V to 6V BEC), to provide backup power to the eLogger V4. Note: the voltage supplied to the throttle Y cable cannot be greater than 6V!

hope this means its ok to use 4s.
Marc
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:02 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,142 Posts

The four pin wire with black connector on the OSD Pro plugs into the “OSD/LCD” port of your eLogger V3, as shown in the figure below. If you have a PowerPanel or other sensors, those can “daisy chain” to the pins on the OSD Pro, with the polarity as indicated on the OSD Pro label, as shown in Figure 2.
The GPS Expander connects to the upper row of eLogger pins, as shown in the figure below.
Normally, the OSD Pro system is powered via the flight battery, which connects to the “Batt” connection of the eLogger V4. If the battery you are connecting to the eLogger V4 is greater than 4S (about 16V), the throttle monitoring Y cable included with the Logger V4 needs to be connected between the “Throttle” input of the eLogger V4 and any receiver channel (or a 5V to 6V BEC), to provide backup power to the eLogger V4. Note: the voltage supplied to the throttle Y cable cannot be greater than 6V!

Marc
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:21 PM
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Oct 2009
26 Posts
Is that normal? rssi issue

Good evening,
Do you think,this is normal?
at 1 or 2 kms the rssi fall to meddle. I'm using dragon link and I don't know if it is a Tx fail.

regads.
mlgtmlgt is offline Find More Posts by mlgtmlgt
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2010
104 Posts
Hi Bill,

Could you, please, publish in the OSDPro and Guardian manuals the range of the different parameters ?

In the present edition the default value is usually shown in parenthesis. But it is not clear to me the maximum and minimum values.

Thank you.
3frcg is offline Find More Posts by 3frcg
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:

Marc
Marc,

You can run a 4s through the e-logger,

then the rest of the voltages will be stepped down for your Vtx system, and Rx system.

You would pull the backup power from the stepped down voltge (i.e. from a BEC).

Mike
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
I should be flying right now!
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined May 2010
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
2000' is the highest setting for RTH.

I was flying over the mountains the other day, and was wishing I had a 3rd rth altitude setting.

One to get me off the mountains at 5000', one to bring me home under 800', and another to circle over home at 300', but that's not the case.

If you want to come home at 2000', then you have to set RTH to 2000'.
This would make for a good RTH software upgrade. What I would like to see is a RTH alt MINIMUM setting. So if you are say at 2000' and engage RTH the OSD will go to cruise throttle setting and maintain that altitude until the plane gets inside the HOME radius and then the throttle will cut and bring the plane down to the HOME radius altitude.

I think this will help with RTH when you are bucking the wind. The way RTH works now if you are above the RTH altitude the OSD cuts the throttle and the plane just floats there, depending on the wind direction, you are not making much progress back to home and the plane is just losing altitude. Having the plane go to cruise throttle will bring the plane back sooner which is the point of RTH in the first place. If you are below the set altitude the RTH will invoke climb throttle setting as it does now. Bill could even make it like an option. "Normal" like it is now and "fixed altitude" for the option above.
al1242 is offline Find More Posts by al1242
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:14 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
I didn't upgrade to 10.04 yet. Sort of worries me about all the issues with it I see. I have 10.01 I think. Perhaps you or Bill can chime in. Should folks using Spektrum radios disable this pulsewidth monitoring?

Thanks,
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Tony,

I haven't looked for it,

but there is supposed to be a place in the menu where you can disable the pulsewith monitoring, in the latest firmware updates.

It would still function normally if you lost signal, but it would eliminate the bad pulsewidth alarm that you are getting.

Mike
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony97 View Post
I didn't upgrade to 10.04 yet. Sort of worries me about all the issues with it I see. I have 10.01 I think. Perhaps you or Bill can chime in. Should folks using Spektrum radios disable this pulsewidth monitoring?

Thanks,
Tony
That is what it is there for...

Bill posted that monitoring those pulsewidths, was really unnecessary. If you loose radio contact, then it will go into failsafe, which is the important thing.