HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:07 AM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmick View Post
I have loaded v10.01, ran the servo wizard with the same result as you: full up elevator and right aileron. I ran it again and this time disconnected the receiver power before clicking OK on the OSD screen and all was fine. Weird. I am going to fly it later as all appears to be OK.
Wow, I disconnected main power and it still did the servo jam. Let us know how it works out.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:06 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Thanks Mike. I'm back to 9.96, replaced the servo, and did another set up. Ran the servo wizard and eveything is good for now.
where can I down load 9.96 from? I just do not want to do 10.1 untill it is fixed.
thanks for the help.
anyone
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
where can I down load 9.96 from? I just do not want to do 10.1 untill it is fixed.
thanks for the help.
anyone
Deleted; My bad.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:18 AM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Crist

Quote:
I'm waiting on ET's V4 altimeter which should be in in a day or so.
Crist - let us know how the new altimeter works out - In the only report on it that I could find, the guy couldn't get it to work.

Chuck.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
689 Posts
Quote:
Deleted; My bad.
YES you are.

Did you have a problem with 9.99?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:37 AM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Crist - let us know how the new altimeter works out - In the only report on it that I could find, the guy couldn't get it to work.

Chuck.
I had it working on the bench and it showed 0 feet. I lifted it off the bench and it went to 3. Put it back down and it showed 1. Lowered it 6 inches and it showed 0. Yeah, I'm happy with it. I'll fly it today. It has me thinking why I didn't go this route sooner.

I just plugged it in and enabled the PC display to show altitude on my computer. Not even sure I had to do that to get it to work. As a matter fact, I ordered the Airspeed v3 this morning.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:38 AM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
YES you are.

Did you have a problem with 9.99?
Never downloaded 9.99. Wonder where I can get that version?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:50 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
689 Posts
Quote:
Never downloaded 9.99. Wonder where I can get that version?
I have it but ET will not let me upload it.
Can e-mail it.

OK so what Ver is working with out a problem
or
what are you using
Last edited by EugeneFlorida; Sep 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
I have it but ET will not let me upload it.
I found it and loaded 9.99. I haven't updated my plane yet.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Is there any advantage to having the GPS in the 3D mode when using a baro altitude sensor?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
So...

This setup with gps, barometric altimeter and speed indicator, stabilization, is going tomcost around 350 eh?

It's more than RVOSD. And afaik RVOSD has all the features except air speed. Correct?

I'm looking at the RVOSD, but I would really like IAS.

And can this set throttle based on air speed? So for cruise it can keep it at say 35mph airspeed (not ground) to prevent stalling.
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2001
142 Posts
1.good point about stalling how would it do if I set RTH at 100' and there a strong headwind?
2.lets say worse case scenario my Tx batt dies, the plane would be flying circles above home waiting for Tx signal the plane Batt goes low does the OSD stop powering the motor and LVC kick in then the plane circles all the way to the ground?
thanks.
cloudbuster is offline Find More Posts by cloudbuster
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:01 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Is there any advantage to having the GPS in the 3D mode when using a baro altitude sensor?
I just use it as backup and to give me warm fuzzies that they are at least in the same ball park. If they are way different it could indicate a plugged static line or bad placement of the the baro altimeter. I don't use the static port on the pitot tube. I just let it measure cabin pressure. I do have a piece of cardboard in front of the input port so wind can't hit the port. It works really well. Even if a small amount of pressure builds up in the fuse the altitude would only read a little low. When nice and level the GPS altitude catches up to the baro altitude and they are pretty close. The baro reading is much faster than the GPS.

Baench test by blowing either across the port or a little behind the port to lower the pressure (higher alt) or lightly into the port (lower alt).
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Sep 10, 2011, 03:10 PM
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
I just use it as backup and to give me warm fuzzies that they are at least in the same ball park. If they are way different it could indicate a plugged static line or bad placement of the the baro altimeter. I don't use the static port on the pitot tube. I just let it measure cabin pressure. I do have a piece of cardboard in front of the input port so wind can't hit the port. It works really well. Even if a small amount of pressure builds up in the fuse the altitude would only read a little low. When nice and level the GPS altitude catches up to the baro altitude and they are pretty close. The baro reading is much faster than the GPS.

Baench test by blowing either across the port or a little behind the port to lower the pressure (higher alt) or lightly into the port (lower alt).
Thanks Steve. I figured that I'll leave the GPS in 3D mode. Good info on the airspeed plumbing. Where did you put the pitot tube?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 04:41 PM
Joined May 2004
716 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for all the EXCELLENT info and for taking the time to put in detail. I didn't log in to check this thread before I flew. Wish I had as I would have tested these settings. I flew today and had good day. No RTH testing but trimmed and messed with guardian. Doing a lot better.

Came home...and updated to 10.0 BEFORE saw issues that a lot are reporting. I didn't run servo wizard from PC. Think I will be OK? Loaded earlier version of config file. I then inputed your recommendations via the PC. Thanks again for all the tips.

Why can't you save your screen display items when upgrading versions?

I hope all is OK after updating 10.0 as things worked good today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Tony,

This is where I would start. Take it for what you will...

Safety Configuration Menu:

Minimum ground speed, increase that to about 18 to 20 (I'm pretty sure that 12 is close to stall, and you want it to come back safely).

Cruise altitude: at least 400', you want it up high if you loose signal at a distance.

Home altitude radius, Increase that so it isn't going into and out of that radius when it is circling. Mine is set at 1000'

Decrease altitude error. 50' is acceptable, I think I have it set to 25'

Pitch proportional gain, try 60

Under guardian menu:

Stabilizer overall gain (default 8)

Max stab pitch RTH increase that until your plane starts to (hold, and seek altitude)
your plane doesn't look like it is holding altitude. You want it to hold altitude, but also if it descends to altitude, then you want it to pull out. also if you are lower than your RTH altitude then you want it to climb without hesitation.

If not set up right, then you could loose 50 feet before it seeks altitude.

Stabilizer responsiveness: (default 7)

Heading hold: try, NO

CSS (center stick stabilization: NO

Also I noticed that the guardian pitch is off a bit. You are loosing altitude and artificial horizon is showing climbing.

Trim it:
Level it out so guardian fly's it level (watch altitude and roll for level flight) Increasing and decreasing throttle will affect level pitch so set it at cruise speed, reset guardian stabil flight

bring it down and reset failsafes for new trim positions

run servo analysis wizzard

Fly it and try RTH.

Use a spotter, and be prepared to intervene if things don't go right.

Your plane looked like it was turning properly. if it isn't turning then we can address that.
Tony97 is offline Find More Posts by Tony97