to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2009, 02:25 AM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Thanks for the big email response to the early adopter offer. We only had a few, and those were mostly gone in a few minutes. Really appreciate the interest and apologize for those who didn't get one of these! We're still very much on track for ship May 15 or sooner, so not too much longer.

Here's a new video showing the waypoint implementation, including "distance to waypoint", and a few other new features. Please give feedback!

http://vimeo.com/4207765

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Hi Bill....thx for posting the update....I think the new compass info/location and the waypoint implementation looks good. One thing I noticed that seems different from other vendor's implementation is the degree and intensity of the "flashing" (or flickering) on the altitude wheel. This does not seem to be occuring on the compass wheel....and "yes" I do realize the compass does not have the little rectangle which highlights a value like the altitude wheel does. It looked as though the flickering was screen-wide and included the speed wheel as well when the video started. Is this something that is just due to the flight simulator mode, or is it the way the video is made, or is there a problem with osd-pro screen refresh rate as wheel values change/move?
Thx...
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:20 AM
In the middle of nowhere
Muskoka, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
931 Posts
top right corner

RxV? Is that RSSI input/output? I hope.

Anxiously waiting for release.

Spud.
_Spud_ is offline Find More Posts by _Spud_
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:09 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Here's a new video showing the waypoint implementation, including "distance to waypoint", and a few other new features. Please give feedback!
Love it! The wapoint distance parameter and little circle is fantastic.
FPV Bill is offline Find More Posts by FPV Bill
Old Apr 18, 2009, 04:10 PM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Bill,
Absolutely love it !! Cant wait to get my hands on this unit and start to use these features. The Waypoints with circles is just brilliant.

Keep up the good work....
cvandenb is offline Find More Posts by cvandenb
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:03 PM
KJ4ZQE
Nashville, TN
Joined Nov 2007
354 Posts
This thing is getting down right sexy.
Berzert is offline Find More Posts by Berzert
Old Apr 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the big email response to the early adopter offer. We only had a few, and those were mostly gone in a few minutes. Really appreciate the interest and apologize for those who didn't get one of these! We're still very much on track for ship May 15 or sooner, so not too much longer.

http://vimeo.com/4207765

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Where's my llama?
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Thanks for the kind words and great feedback, as always.

OB1, I had not noticed that alt ladder flicker before, but it's indeed there. I made a few changes to improve it, but one more change may be needed.

Spud, "RxV" is the voltage powering the receiver. This will be provided in an upcoming sensor which monitors the RX voltage 1000's of times a second, looking for voltage dropouts.

Arkcom, don't worry, Mr. Llama is fine. Earlier this year, due to the economic crisis, we were considering firing up the barbecue grill, but for now he's safe.

Hey, I'm pleased to announce that support for Artificial Horizon will be included in the OSD-Pro! This uses the X/Y sensor of the Copilot CDP-4 that you may already have.

All that needs to be done is to splice a two wire cable into the Copilot X/Y sensor cable, run the onscreen sensor calibration wizard, and you're good to go (and the copilot still gets to do its job).

Here's a video showing an indoor test of the AHI support. Please send feedback on the AHI display. Note that this is done with a "simulated sky" so there is some jumpiness. I'll be posting in-flight videos soon.

OSD Pro with Artifical Horizon, RADAR and Waypoints (1 min 14 sec)

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:19 PM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
That's a great addition. Once I splice the 2-wire cable into the X/Y cable, where do I run the 2-wire cable to?
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:39 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Bill,

It just keeps getting better! Keep 'em coming. Also, any chance of using one of the temp inputs on the eLogger for a generic RSSI input for this release?

thanks,

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:28 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,049 Posts
Hi Bill, can the AHI be used with the new Co-Pilot II?
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Apr 22, 2009, 03:44 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Hello,

Sorry I'm a bit confused on the copilot, is this what I need?

http://www.revolutionmodels.co.uk/ac..._Co_Pilot.html

If not please advise?

Regards
Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:21 AM
KJ4ZQE
Nashville, TN
Joined Nov 2007
354 Posts
Bill - I'm running out of stuff to ask for. Keep up the amazing work!

PS - Would love to see the artificial horizon in flight to get a sense of accuracy with an actual horizon.
Berzert is offline Find More Posts by Berzert
Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:52 AM
Joined Sep 2004
253 Posts
Is it possible to use the sensor alone, with external powersupply to show the artificial horizon?

If yes, I will only need is this one?

http://www.fmadirect.com/Detail.htm?...778&section=20

Ps. I dont want the complete CoPilot
absolute-zero is offline Find More Posts by absolute-zero
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:31 AM
Joined Aug 2007
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolute-zero
Is it possible to use the sensor alone, with external powersupply to show the artificial horizon?

If yes, I will only need is this one?

http://www.fmadirect.com/Detail.htm?...778&section=20

Ps. I dont want the complete CoPilot
I hope the answer to this one is "yes". I just recently decided to go with Helicommand to stabilize my FPV heli. I think it's a good choice, given its proven quality and its inertial sensor and gyro - based technology, which seems to be a better choice than IR. (Of course, you get what you pay for... )

RVOSD and now Eagle Tree have now both moved toward using IR sensors as a basis for artificial horizon. I love Eagle Tree stuff and I expect I'll go with their OSD, but, aside from wanting an artificial horizon, I'm not in the market for another stabilization sensor. (Plus my bird is getting a little heavy with all these gadgets.) I do hope that ET eventually hooks up with some IMU technology (such as, for instance, if Dragon perfects its IMU system and makes it open-source).

Unfortunately, as far as I know, Helicommand has had no interest in OSD or in making their sensor suite available for that purpose.

(Disclaimer - all I know about this stuff is what I've read here in the past few weeks - I'm totally new to FPV and just got my first video gear in yesterday! )

Stu
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire