HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:47 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
I must have a newer version or something with the RSSI pin: (note photo of Scherrer LR UHF Rx below)

However you helped me figure out that I probably have the wire coming off of the wrong pin. I think I pulled from the standard signal pin instad of the 4th RSSI pin...I hope that's it!
I have the angled pins (side option) Your photo shows the angled pins option without the 4th pin on the 12th channel..... Maybe that's how it is stock (that's how I received mine), and maybe the "up" style pins comes stock with 4 pins on the 12th channel....

In any event your rssi is the pin closest to the center of the board on channel 12.

Numbers on ETosd for rssi after calibration are 0-100. Mine usually reads 97-100 on the bench. I am still setting up my plane so I haven't flown with it yet.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Last edited by billyd60; Jun 15, 2011 at 07:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:20 PM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
So "I THINK" you maybe seeing those 0 - 900 numbers...what that means I'm not sure...packets etc??
Corresponding ADC value, perhaps?
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Jun 15, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
rsowder,
Quote:
FYI, i updated my OSD Pro to firmware 2.18 and the text is blurry again like it was a while back. I downgraded to 2.17 and it's fine now.
The only OSD Pro change in 2.18 is to support analog RSSI for a receiver that outputs an unusual RSSI swing. I'm wondering if the black or white levels could have been inadvertently changed when you did the upgrade? Regardless, no need to upgrade from 2.17 with your setup.

GregSilver,
Quote:
Is there anything I need to do to get correct voltage on the eLogger Application (windows app) for TempB ?
Logging of the secondary pack voltage is not yet supported. However, this will be supported with the FPV expander's multiple voltage inputs.

catamar,
Quote:
BILLPA, I installed a 15 k resistor in the place my old 10 k resistor was, and the wire and resistor get's so hot that the OSD just stop working
I don't believe that could be a 15K resistor? Could it be shorted, or a much lower resistance than 15K?

thekubiaks,
Quote:
i might have found a bug in firmware 2.18. I am using Option C (3Pos RTH) and found that as I ran the Safety mode wizard, when I get to the part that says "Now turn off your transmitter", the Eagetree OSD will reboot, when it restarts, it states "No menu items detected" and then hangs up.
I have not been able to reproduce this here. Are you using RSSI display? If so (and assuming the issue repros for you), can you briefly turn off "Use Temp1 for RSSI" under the "Sensors and units" menu, then run the wizard again?

billyd60,
Quote:
My battery indicator always shows empty. Also I would rather it not even be there at all, can you remove it? I haven't been able to figure out how. I am using a V3 logger.
The battery indicator will show zero until you enter your battery's milliamp-Hour (mAH) value, under the "Set Battery milliamp-Hours" screen on the OSD Pro main menu. To disable the battery icon, go to the display configuration menu, and "Battery A" to either 0 or off.
Quote:
I still haven't flown with this yet, but does the speed and altitude ladders come up all the time? Or only with a gps lock? If I use the pitot sensors for altitude and speed do I still get the ladders?
The ladders will always be shown if they are enabled on the display configuration menu. If you are using GPS data for these, they will read zero (or may jump around slightly) until a good fix is attained.

Pixturethis,
Quote:
Using a ET pro. I have my displays set to "toggle" so I can see my maxes after I land all if them work good except the LOS. It just shows to distance that I'm at. It flashes between my distance, as I set on the ground 15 ft away from me & * .
Max distance is not supported in our "official" release version (9.13) but it is supported in our "alpha" version, located here. The alpha software is changing pretty frequently right now with Guardian stabilizer development, but we will be doing an official release soon.

Visionleon, sorry to hear about your issue. If video transmitters are burning out, I believe there is something wrong with your wiring. The OSD does not provide any voltage to the the transmitter. I would recommend either posting a wiring diagram here or opening a support ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com with your diagram, and we'll do our best to help. There are also wiring diagrams here. I believe the error message on the OSD indicates that you need to configure it with the software. Please see the quick start guide here for more information on how to do that. Let me know if this doesn't help!

AdamChicago,
Quote:
The instructions below say a value of 2 is really good while 1.3 is even better but 9.9 is basically turns it off. HOWEVER in the eLogger Data Recorder on the PC in the "Configure On Screen Parameters" / "GPS Configuration Menu" / "Set Max HDOP" when I put in a value of 2 it gives me back a warning saying it has to be in a range "10 to 50"?????
When accessing the OSD Pro on-screen menus from the PC, the HDOP value is entered without the decimal point. FOr example, 2.2 is entered as "22". We will be changing the PC access to the on-screen menus in an upcoming release, and this will be addressed at that time.
Quote:
Please help with the "Calibrate Throttle" settings on the eLogger PC application. I have the the USB plugged into the PC, the eLogger PC application running, the plane is powered and ready...when I go into the "Calibrate Throttle" option and follow the instructions to move the throttle full open (up all the way) and the motor on the plane is spinning at full throttle, the little meter on the PC screen doesn't move...I left the throttle open for about 20 seconds and nothing happened...do I just need to go longer or is something not working.
The throttle logging/calibration requires that your throttle channel be connected directly to the eLogger's "Throttle" input. The feature is used mostly by people who use the eLogger without the OSD Pro, since the throttle and other servo positions can be displayed on the screen via the "Display Servo Deflections" option.

Adam/Greg, re RSSI, the OSD Pro examines the RSSI voltage when the Tx is powered on, and when the Tx is powered off, and scales those readings to between 100% and 0%. This calibration happens when you run the Safety Mode Wizard, during which the RSSI pin needs to be connected correctly to the OSD.

Further, if you want to more finely calibrate the 0% reading to be just before your Rx starts to lose signal, you can do that by simulating the point at which the Rx loses signal (perhaps by using the range check button on your Tx at a great enough distance) and then clicking the "Re-set minimum RSSI Level" on-screen menu item under "Sensors and Units". You also need to make sure that you have "Use Temp1 Input for RSSI" set to "Yes" in the same menu, for this to work.

If you are still having problems with RSSI, one way to confirm that the RSSI signal is correct is to use a volt meter to measure the voltage between the RSSI output connector and ground. There should be a significant voltage difference at that pin when the Tx is on vs off. Let me know if this doesn't clear up any RSSI issues.

And, let me know if I missed any other questions!
billpa is online now Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,651 Posts
Thanks Bill that solves my HDOP question and answers confusion around throttle calibration and I believe I already have the answer to the RSSI problem (connected to wrong Rx pin)
AdamChicago is online now Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Jun 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
Thanks for the reply Bill. I'll wait till the firmware comes out, instead of a alpha or beta. Thanks Marc
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Jun 15, 2011, 05:22 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
Billpa, maybe the man at the electrical material shop sell a wrong resistor to me, I am going to buy another from another shop.

Thank you for your answer
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:32 AM
If it Flies I Want It!!!! ...
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
150 Posts
Hi all ,

Quick Question, I wish to use a Microphone with the Eagle Tree OSD Pro . Im sure its probably in this thread but there is a 101 Pages.... Hahahah ..

Can Anyone advise me of a Mircophone they use ? As i have the old Rangevideo Amplified Microphone however the paperwork for the EAGLETREE system as you all probably know , states never to use a amplified Microphone...

Any Help would be greatly Appreciated.

Best regards

michael
citation560v is offline Find More Posts by citation560v
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:47 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
citation560v
If it's this RangeVideo mic http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...roducts_id=163 I get crystal clear external audio using audio setting 1 on the OSD, never even had to adjust the pot on the mic from the supplied setting. Im using a Lawmate 1W 1.3ghz VTx.
cheers
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:52 AM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
150 Posts
Mentony32 ,

Cheers for your rapid responce, it wasn't that microphone it was the older one the "Tiny Microphone" NG Sells them http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=156

Now that im looking at it i thinking i was wrong and its not amplified... can you advise?

Brgds
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:02 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by citation560v View Post
Mentony32 ,

Cheers for your rapid responce, it wasn't that microphone it was the older one the "Tiny Microphone" NG Sells them http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....roducts_id=156

Now that im looking at it i thinking i was wrong and its not amplified... can you advise?

Brgds
I have one of those (mine purchased from DPCAV) also working well with the OSD Pro. You can hear it in this video http://vimeo.com/24955845
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:16 AM
Perth W.A
Joined Jun 2006
150 Posts
Mentony32

interesting i just thought it was an amplified mic.... not sure where i go that from then... i shall go home and test... Many Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:12 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,651 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a bad ESC or motor, but does anyone know of a reason OSD Pro would stop the motor after throttling up about 50% while in the house (so the plane is not moving and is close to the Tx and ground station and GPS hasn't locked in yet). This began occurring after attempting to run the eLogger PC software throttle calibration utility. I was able to make it to full throttle once after this began occurring but only by easing the throttle up really slow.

Just want to confirm before spending $$ on new ESC...thanks!
AdamChicago is online now Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:48 AM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have a bad ESC or motor, but does anyone know of a reason OSD Pro would stop the motor after throttling up about 50% while in the house (so the plane is not moving and is close to the Tx and ground station and GPS hasn't locked in yet). This began occurring after attempting to run the eLogger PC software throttle calibration utility. I was able to make it to full throttle once after this began occurring but only by easing the throttle up really slow.

Just want to confirm before spending $$ on new ESC...thanks!
Try running the motor with out the OSD. That should give you a good answer where the problem is.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Jun 16, 2011, 01:16 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Main menu?

What's going on here?

Main menu.wmv (0 min 42 sec)
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Jun 16, 2011, 01:52 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Are you using a switch on the Tx to control Aux1 and Aux2? If so, I've seen this if I get a failsafe condition, i.e., the rx went into failsafe and triggered the menu. It stays around for 15 seconds if no further inputs are detected and then goes away.

-tychoc
tychoc is offline Find More Posts by tychoc