HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:17 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
Please help with the "Calibrate Throttle" settings on the eLogger PC application. I have the the USB plugged into the PC, the eLogger PC application running, the plane is powered and ready...when I go into the "Calibrate Throttle" option and follow the instructions to move the throttle full open (up all the way) and the motor on the plane is spinning at full throttle, the little meter on the PC screen doesn't move...I left the throttle open for about 20 seconds and nothing happened...do I just need to go longer or is something not working.

Thanks again!
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:21 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
Sorry, you're right...I didn't put a resister on the RSSI, it was the secondary battery wire that I did that. BUT the RSSI indicator is still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targetlocman View Post
You don't need a resistor for the rssi connection only for voltage measurements.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Sorry, you're right...I didn't put a resister on the RSSI, it was the secondary battery wire that I did that. BUT the RSSI indicator is still not working
ok make sure your rssi cable is attached to the center pin.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Adam,

I hooked up RSSI with ground, and it whacked everything out.

I used just RSSI, and it works great.

RSSI will not calibrate, until you go through the safety wizzard. When it prompts you to turn off your transmitter, and turn it on, RSSI is calibrated...

Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:53 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Adam,

I hooked up RSSI with ground, and it whacked everything out.

I used just RSSI, and it works great.

RSSI will not calibrate, until you go through the safety wizzard. When it prompts you to turn off your transmitter, and turn it on, RSSI is calibrated...

Mike
I had the same thing happen! Yes don't use ground, signal only, and make sure you are connected to the center pin. You will still have to go through the safety wizard once you have it connected right. If it still doesn't work I suggest checking your solder joint on the LRS rx and make sure you've got a good connection on that end of things.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:19 AM
France, IdF, Livry-Gargan
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Totally confused...am I the only one who is not on the cool new firmware versions and cannot find the downloads on ET's site nor have options for them in the PC eLogger Data Recorder software?????

Please confirm I'm on the right versions:
- eLogger V4 firmware version 1.03
- OSD Pro firmware version 1.96
- eLogger Application version 9.13
You have the last versions.
What are you looking for on ET's site ?
Only Applications Data Recorders can be find, not firmware, it's upgrade process that directly connect to internet for download firmwares..

Have Fun with FPV.
Dan
danhamilton is offline Find More Posts by danhamilton
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
That's what I've got...RSSI Rx center pin out to OSD Pro Temp1(a) in.

Quote:
ok make sure your rssi cable is attached to the center pin.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:30 AM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
Well I've seen posts like this and others that have different/newer firmware versions, so I thought my versions were old??

"Originally Posted by billpa View Post
fordarrick, There was an issue in software version 9.43/OSD Pro firmware version 2.16 that was causing that message to display incorrectly. That should have been fixed in version 9.44/2.17 and later. Can you let me know what firmware version is displayed on the video screen by your OSD Pro, when you start up?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhamilton View Post
You have the last versions.
What are you looking for on ET's site ?
Only Applications Data Recorders can be find, not firmware, it's upgrade process that directly connect to internet for download firmwares..

Have Fun with FPV.
Dan
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:17 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
That's what I've got...RSSI Rx center pin out to OSD Pro Temp1(a) in.
No the center pin on the osd pro temp input. The rssi on the rx is on a solder point, there is no pin. It would be the 4th pin on the 12th channel. You have to add your own.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:35 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
There acually are RSSI out pins on the Thomas Scherrer LR UHF, but I may not be using the right pin(s)...thanks for reminding me of this. On my RangeVideo OSD you just plug the full 3-wire servo cable from the Rx to the OSD but on OSD Pro you just input the signal wire into the OSD but I'm not entirely sure which pins to use out of the Rx.

Quote:
No the center pin on the osd pro temp input. The rssi on the rx is on a solder point, there is no pin. It would be the 4th pin on the 12th channel. You have to add your own.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:05 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,908 Posts
Quote:
There acually are RSSI out pins on the Thomas Scherrer LR UHF, but I may not be using the right pin(s)...thanks for reminding me of this. On my RangeVideo OSD you just plug the full 3-wire servo cable from the Rx to the OSD but on OSD Pro you just input the signal wire into the OSD but I'm not entirely sure which pins to use out of the Rx.
Well I have the diversity rx from Scherrer. On the 12th channel, there is a 3 pin connector, but if you want rssi, you have to add a 4th pin to the 12th channel location.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
I must have a newer version or something with the RSSI pin: (note photo of Scherrer LR UHF Rx below)

However you helped me figure out that I probably have the wire coming off of the wrong pin. I think I pulled from the standard signal pin instad of the 4th RSSI pin...I hope that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Well I have the diversity rx from Scherrer. On the 12th channel, there is a 3 pin connector, but if you want rssi, you have to add a 4th pin to the 12th channel location.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Jun 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:13 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
I have a noob question about the rssi.

I have a Futaba rx with a rssi buffer setup. It works fine, however the numbers seem arbitrary to me. Should it read 100 for full and 0 for failsafe?
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:20 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,649 Posts
Greg, not too much help here, but when I set up my RSSI reading in RangeVideo OSD (read from the Scherrer LR UHF Rx) it gives you numbers from like 0 - 900 and then you select the min and max values after testing them (ie max is when Tx is near Rx and min is when Tx is far away from Rx). Then those weird numbers are converted into a percent of 100% on the OSD screen. So "I THINK" you maybe seeing those 0 - 900 numbers...what that means I'm not sure...packets etc?? So what you maybe seeing are those weird 0-900 numbers. There maybe a setting you can select to show the percent instead??

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
I have a noob question about the rssi.

I have a Futaba rx with a rssi buffer setup. It works fine, however the numbers seem arbitrary to me. Should it read 100 for full and 0 for failsafe?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:43 PM
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
I know I can calibrate it in the safety wizard, but it seems to change each time I power up.
GregSilver is offline Find More Posts by GregSilver