HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:45 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
jhoexp,
Quote:
News about the customization of the osd pages? I just want to use height and speed ladder in some pages and none in others...
The wait is over. Well, mostly. The latest ALPHA software, located here, lets you choose on which of the 6 available OSD pages each object displays (remember alpha = not widely tested). The ladders, RADAR, waypoints, AHI, servo deflections, batteries, crosshairs, timer, etc. can all be independently displayed on any or all of the pages you want.

The part that is not yet done is the PC software changes for configuring these - each page will have a set of checkboxes for each object. However, you can choose the page(s) for the objects using the on-screen menus. Instead of having "yes" or "no" choices for each object, the menus now have a number, ranging from 0 (no display) to 63 (display on all 6 pages). The programmers among us will recognize this as a bitmap. Until the software setup is ready, there's a chart here that will show you to which pages the numbers correspond, which is handy unless you think in binary. Note that for a page to be available, at least one text parameter must be configured to be on that page.

Quote:
As you can remember, a while ago I reported a problem with telemetry and black/white levels (or whatever caused the issue) with the sony had ccd 540tvl camera (from security camera 2000) and bob 800mw 1.2ghz video tx/rx.
Hope that the new firmware can solve my problems.
I suspect those are resolved, as we are now regularly using that camera. If you can try the software linked above and let me know, I'd be most grateful.

felipesalomao,
Quote:
i, great to know, but if smartphone conect for example to eagle eyes using wifi, any smartphone wont be able to use 3G conection, so it will be impossible see live telemetry with google maps for example, only is possible if use offline application with maps stored in smartphone.
We'll need to do a bit more investigation on this. I suspect the phones do cache though. Re the potential conflict with wi-fi and 2.4Ghz video, investigation needed here also, but I suspect channels on both devices could be selected for "harmonious coexistence."

austin.laws,
Quote:
i get a message saying no receiver detected. wot does that mean and wot am i doing wrong?
This message just means that the "Aux1" and "Aux2" Rx inputs of the osd (used for on-screen menu access) are not detected. This is not an issue if you are not planning to use the on-screen menus. Note that in our latest software the message is changed to "Control Input(s) Not Detected" which is hopefully more descriptive.

TheKubiaks,
Quote:
The feature I am waiting on is the ability to manually edit the .set file.
That will be ready most likely by next week, when the software is updated with the changes for object page display described above.
Quote:
I'd also like to have waypoints greater than 3 miles.
I hope to have an announcement on that and waypoint sequencing soon.
Quote:
The OSD would send its home position to the editor which was superimposed on a Google Earth Satellite view. You could take your mouse and place several waypoints on the map and the editor would put the waypoints in numerical order, tell you what the total trip distance was, and then upload the new waypoint list to the OSD.
Funny you should mention that. We're working on hosting Google Earth in our software, which was recently supported by Google. The main reason for doing this is to be able to display logged data (or real-time data with the EagleEyes) without having to launch GE separately, but we could certainly add drag/drop waypoint editing in the process. That's certainly an improvement on the present requirement of entering them numerically! Others want this?

RChelisrule,
Quote:
I know the OSD pro has the Return to home feature bu not the auto pilot waypoint feature and that is fine. Do I need a FY-20 to use the RTH feature? is that the best "leveler" to use or do you sell IR sensors..
If the plane is very stable, RTH may not require stabilization (but it certainly won't hurt!). In terms of what we offer for stabilization, I posted this announcement today about our own stabilization module. This will be the lowest cost/best way to stabilize with our equipment, but it's around 3 months away from shipping. The other options are separate stabilization systems, like FY or FMA. If you need something right now, this is probably best. A third option is our upcoming FPV expander with your own thermal sensors (either FMA digital or analog). Thermal sensing technology is rapidly being displaced by IMU based stabilization, which just got a lot cheaper .
Quote:
Best decision on a first OSD system please? I don't want to buy it and still be trying to figure out how to set it up a month later so hopefully someone has a somewhat PnP system available with good features that won't break the bank
I am biased, but I think we've done a good job of simplifying basic setup, but giving lots additional features "for free" as you need them. Here's a quick start guide that I hope helps.

Crash9,
Quote:
Tried out the latest firmware update and using the PC to calibrate the tracker....really nice to have this feature now
That's great to hear! I think the PC configuration will be simpler/quicker for most.
Quote:
I thought my 3 position switch might go bad from clicking it again and again....no longer will i worry
No worries. We're going to be announcing low cost replacement 3pos switches next week (must order in qty 10 or more).
Quote:
now what about the Spektrum data logging and GPS at same time deal...update
Our goal is to have this shipped before June. A lot of the hard work in the OSD (mainly stabilization support) is now done, so we're getting a lot closer.

mentony32,
Quote:
updated the OSD and Eagle Eyes firmware to the 9.22 version tonight and recalibrated my antenna tracker using the PC. Had to toggle the narrow screen mode to kickstart the telemetry again, after that it worked perfectly, well done Bill.
Glad to hear this. Re the narrow screen mode, I think that you'll never have that issue again. From which software version did you upgrade to 9.22?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Mar 03, 2011 at 12:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:16 AM
Azerbaijan FPV
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
Hello everyone

I fly yet with firmware 8.60

and i want change it new firmware

Witch firmware is highly recommended ?

Tested and better ?

sorry my english
nexstarselect is offline Find More Posts by nexstarselect
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:18 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
225 Posts
Bill, I think i went from versions 9.12 to 9.22, but i may have been lagging behind renewing the firmware on the Eagle Eyes. Got myself a dedicated USB lead for the Eagle eyes to update everything at once from now on, which I now realise I should have been doing all along. cheers. Tony
mentony32 is offline Find More Posts by mentony32
Old Mar 03, 2011, 07:39 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Hey Bill,

is it possible to add a feature to the firmware which converts one of the channels of the OSD (for example the Throttle in) to an PPM input? Many receivers (including all UHF receivers) have a PPM out. This way you have only one wire from the RC receiver to the OSD instead of five.
When doing this it could also be possible to add 4 more output channels to the osd to support more plane setups(Throttle out, Elevator out, Ail left out, Ail right out, rudder out)
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:57 AM
GusCBA
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Mar 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabazul View Post
hey bill,

is it possible to add a feature to the firmware which converts one of the channels of the osd (for example the throttle in) to an ppm input? Many receivers (including all uhf receivers) have a ppm out. This way you have only one wire from the rc receiver to the osd instead of five.
When doing this it could also be possible to add 4 more output channels to the osd to support more plane setups(throttle out, elevator out, ail left out, ail right out, rudder out)
+1!!
gstierli is offline Find More Posts by gstierli
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Hi Billpa

I would like to know when you receive the osd pro ?
I would like to order !!
camora is offline Find More Posts by camora
Old Mar 04, 2011, 12:59 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
i have bought eagle eyes and OSD pro and v4 elogger. i can not for the love of me understand a) the manual for tracker (eagle eyes) and b) get it to track. i have read manual and its just so pourly written it just doesnt make sence. i would like someone to tell me how u get it to track. telemetry is flashing at me when i plug it in and use it with computer but no tracking. soon as i unplug it it stops flashing. its updated to the lastest firmware but nothing will work. someone please help me. thanks
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Mar 04, 2011, 01:48 PM
Going above and beyond
Joined Jan 2010
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
i have bought eagle eyes and OSD pro and v4 elogger. i can not for the love of me understand a) the manual for tracker (eagle eyes) and b) get it to track. i have read manual and its just so pourly written it just doesnt make sence. i would like someone to tell me how u get it to track. telemetry is flashing at me when i plug it in and use it with computer but no tracking. soon as i unplug it it stops flashing. its updated to the lastest firmware but nothing will work. someone please help me. thanks
You would need the GPS Expander aswell to get tracking to work.
SupaRC is offline Find More Posts by SupaRC
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
mentony32,
Quote:
Bill, I think i went from versions 9.12 to 9.22, but i may have been lagging behind renewing the firmware on the Eagle Eyes.
Usually this will work. But, between those versions, we changed the data format to improve EE telemetry with noisy video, which required a matched set. We do recommend keeping everything in synch though.

nabazul,
Quote:
is it possible to add a feature to the firmware which converts one of the channels of the OSD (for example the Throttle in) to an PPM input? Many receivers (including all UHF receivers) have a PPM out. This way you have only one wire from the RC receiver to the OSD instead of five.
Yes. We will be adding "serial PPM" support to the OSD for the EagleLink project, but this will benefit anybody with an SPPM capable radio. 4 wires go away!

Quote:
When doing this it could also be possible to add 4 more output channels to the osd to support more plane setups(Throttle out, Elevator out, Ail left out, Ail right out, rudder out)
We'll look into this.

camora,
Quote:
I would like to know when you receive the osd pro ?
We are supposed to get our next shipment here late next week.

austin,
Quote:
have bought eagle eyes and OSD pro and v4 elogger. i can not for the love of me understand a) the manual for tracker (eagle eyes) and b) get it to track. i have read manual and its just so pourly written it just doesnt make sence. i would like someone to tell me how u get it to track.
A couple of things:

a) The tracking part of the manual was recently updated, and hopefully is easier to follow. The latest version is here. I would love your feedback on how we can further improve it!
b) We recently added PC calibration of the tracker. This is a vastly simpler/easier way to calibrate than using the menus. Information on this is here on the EE thread. I think this will work better for you. If you decide to try it and have issues, just post those on the EE thread, and I or others will be there to help.
Quote:
telemetry is flashing at me when i plug it in and use it with computer but no tracking. soon as i unplug it it stops flashing. its updated to the lastest firmware but nothing will work. someone please help me. thanks
To calibrate the tracker, power needs to be supplied to your OSD Pro (via the USB connection and/or a battery plugged into the eLogger's "BATT" connection) and to the EE, via the barrel connector.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:10 PM
Just want to fly...
Brazil
Joined Mar 2009
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa;17570612[B
austin.laws[/B], This message just means that the "Aux1" and "Aux2" Rx inputs of the osd (used for on-screen menu access) are not detected. This is not an issue if you are not planning to use the on-screen menus. Note that in our latest software the message is changed to "Control Input(s) Not Detected" which is hopefully more descriptive.
May I suggest "Aux(s) Input(s) not detected" instead? "Control input(s)" may still be confused with throttle, elevator and rudder inputs, which would be worrying.

Oh, and glad to hear the ET IMU is comming! I have tryed a few stabilization systems so far but still haven't found any nearly perfect...

Notice that I said "nearly perfect" as I know perfection is utopia in this area.

Cheers,
LFLoTiTo is offline Find More Posts by LFLoTiTo
Old Mar 04, 2011, 03:49 PM
Just want to fly...
Brazil
Joined Mar 2009
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catamar View Post
Billpa I have a suggestion to improve your OSD. I am going to explain first my problem. I have batteries of 11.1 Volts and 14,4 volts. When I make my RTH configuration, I make one configuration for the throtle at half stick, for normal flying, and a little more for climbing. With a 3S 5000 amp lipo battery works perfect. But when I put the 4s 5000 amp, the plane comes back to home making "waves", climbs too fast, go over the maximun height, and then stops the throtle, then the plane loose height and when the OSD detects is flying under the flying height I set, again gives lots of throtle and climbs very fast, going over the maximun height and stoping the throtle again, and so on... But, when I put in my plane two 3S 5000 lipo batteries, the plane just can't keep the height, even at maximun throtle (not really the maximun, just the maximun I tell the OSD to use). So, every time I change the batteries quantities or type, I have to make all the RTH configuration again. Would be a lot better if we make a first configuration, and later we could have all the options programmed before in a list where we could change individually the parameters. For example a list with a generic number from 1 to 20 for the throtle, for normal flying. Another for climbing. Also a generic number from -1 to -10 for the elevator stick , and for the ailerons stick.

like this:

Motor speed for normal flying (1-20): 10

Motor Speed for climbing (1-20): 12

Elevator Stick position (-1 - -10): - 3

Turnign left stick: (1-10): 5

This will be also good when we programed the RTH and we detect later, that one of this parameters are too low or too hi.

What do you think?
+1

I would like to have the same feature, for a different reason though...

The wizzard is a wonderfull feature to get started, but the fine tunning is a bit hard to do.

When I was calibrating the RTH feature, I had to run the wizzard a few times, and each time I had to bring the plane back, land, ask someone to hold it (or remove the prop), run the wizzard, launch the plane, gain altitude/distance and finally re-start the RTH test, just to find out that I needed another notch on some area. Not to mention that sometimes while trying to fix one input, I messed another. I ended-up running the wizzard in mid flight! (I assume that the new warning on the manual for NOT doing so was for me - thanks Bill!)

I would only suggest that the inputs (throttle to cruise, climb, elevator position, etc) were in % (ex: 50% throttle to cruise, 75% to climb). ***edited*** oh, wait, what about setting the throttle value in watts? (ex: cruise 75 Watts, climb 150 watts, or so). This way, even with a different cell count, prop or cell voltage (beggining or end of the flight), one could achieve the desired sustained performance.

With or without the "save profile" that you suggested, this adjustable values would make it easier to switch between equipments.

Cheers,
LFLoTiTo is offline Find More Posts by LFLoTiTo
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Oct 2007
6 Posts
Horizonte artificial

Quote:
Originally Posted by David MPS View Post
very nice !!!! good work !
Caro amigo, por ter visto sua manifestação em português, resolvi apelar para voce.
Estou tentando há tempos descobrir como ligar o horizonte artificial do meu OSD PRO da Esgle Tree. Gostaria de saber se voce pode ceder o esquema de ligação entre o e-logger e o expander. Voce teria como ceder ou indicar onde posso conseguir o esquema de fios e ligações desse equipamento?
A outros que leiam essa mensagem, sollicito e agradeço antecipadamente sua ajuda!
Abraços,
Hélio Vaitsman
heliovaitsman is offline Find More Posts by heliovaitsman
Old Mar 04, 2011, 05:17 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Next problem is ive now got the telemetry working on battery power no problem. i get the telemetry light flashing twice a second but i cant get it to track at all. im 5ft from home and more. Just get the tilt goin up and down slowly. no pan for some reason and its just so annoying. printed new manual out and still cant solve the problem. need some proper help. Just cant understand wots goin wrong. if u could let me know that would be great.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Mar 04, 2011, 06:08 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliovaitsman View Post
Caro amigo, por ter visto sua manifestação em português, resolvi apelar para voce.
Estou tentando há tempos descobrir como ligar o horizonte artificial do meu OSD PRO da Esgle Tree. Gostaria de saber se voce pode ceder o esquema de ligação entre o e-logger e o expander. Voce teria como ceder ou indicar onde posso conseguir o esquema de fios e ligações desse equipamento?
A outros que leiam essa mensagem, sollicito e agradeço antecipadamente sua ajuda!
Abraços,
Hélio Vaitsman

Dear friend, by seeing its manifestation in Portuguese, I appeal to you.
I'm trying for some time to figure out how to connect the artificial horizon of my OSD PRO Esgle Tree. I wonder if you can give the link between the scheme and-logger and the expander. You would assign or indicate where can I get the schema of wires and connections of the equipment?
Others who read this message, sollicito and thank you in advance for your help!
Hugs,
Helium Vaitsman
Artificial Horizon Display
When you connect the FMA Direct™ CPD-4™ X/Y horizon sensor (either with our without the FMA™ stabilization Computer), an artifical horizon line can
be displayed on the video screen.
Information on how to connect the FMA Direct sensor to the OSD Pro system, and configure the Artifical Horizon display, can be found in this document:
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/supp...MA-OSD-Pro.pdf

Eagle Tree is coming out with one of there own.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399687
Exibição de horizonte artificial
Quando você se conectar a FMA diretos ™ CPD-4 ™ X / Y sensor de horizonte (com nossos sem a estabilização de FMA ™ computador), uma linha de horizonte artificial pode
ser exibido na tela de vídeo.
Informações sobre como conectar o sensor FMA direto para o sistema OSD Pro e configurar a exibição de horizonte artificial, podem ser encontradas neste documento:
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...MA-OSD-Pro.pdf

Árvore de águia está saindo com um dos seus próprios.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399687
EugeneFlorida is online now Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:20 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Next problem is ive now got the telemetry working on battery power no problem. i get the telemetry light flashing twice a second but i cant get it to track at all. im 5ft from home and more. Just get the tilt goin up and down slowly. no pan for some reason and its just so annoying. printed new manual out and still cant solve the problem. need some proper help. Just cant understand wots goin wrong. if u could let me know that would be great.
On the "Eagle Eyes for FPV Station Setup" menu check to see what value you have for the "Min Radius frm Home for Trak". I think the default is 50 ft.
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73