SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:54 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Question about the OSD PRO.
1."Up to 3 waypoints (within visual range of the takeoff point) can be programmed into the OSD Pro, for aerial photography or just for fun. The locations of the waypoints are displayed on the RADAR display, making it easy for you to manually fly to the waypoints (the system will not autonomously fly to the waypoints)."
Does this mean that if I want to fly to the max range possible, the osd would not allow me to program a waypoint for long range? (I am referring to "within visual range of the takeoff point")

2. Does RTH work for any distance or is it limited as well?

Also, If I was to buy EagleEyes, can I use the video diversity and video distribution without using an OSD PRO? I need to spread the cost across.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Last edited by DarkHeli; Jan 21, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:03 PM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Do you have a video from the last flight? The things that can keep the throttle coming on are as follows:
a) cruise speed less than present speed. We don't want to throttle up if we are moving faster than this setting.
b) altitude less than approximately 50 feet.
c) altitude greater than your "cruise altitude + altitude limit" settings.
d) throttle not calibrated correctly during the RTH wizard.

If none of these seem to be the issue, I think we need to get you to open a support ticket. Then, we can collect some data from your system and maybe that will provide some clues ( http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com ). I don't think it's the ESC.
Hi Bill,
I have the cruise speed set at 20mph and you’ll see in the video that I engaged the RTH at less than that speed on a couple different attempts. I also have the altitude set at 300ft +/- 50ft. You'll notice in the video that when above 300 feet the elevator is almost neutral and it doesn't really attempt to maintain 20mph.

During calibration, when it asks for climb throttle, I set it at about throttle, which is more than enough to climb with this plane.

When I was fiddling with the Configure On-Screen Parameters menu in the Data Recorder software, I noticed a setting for “Enable low altitude RTH(RTFM)” in the Sensors and Units Menu. Should I select yes for this option?

Thanks fosr you help Bill

Randy

RTH Test 1/16/2010 (3 min 8 sec)
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Last edited by rsowder; Jan 21, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
Flying like an Angel.
Austria
Joined Sep 2007
1,488 Posts
For those are interested in building a low cost RSSI buffer, look at this post i made:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=26

So you can use receivers with RSSI output with the datalogger without problems.
BlueAngel2000 is offline Find More Posts by BlueAngel2000
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
DarkHeli, yes the waypoints are limited to visual line of sight. We're looking into extending this feature. What range are you expecting? The RTH has an internal range limit, but not one you will ever hit. Yes, the diversity and video distribution (and low voltage alarm) do not require the OSD Pro. Only the antenna tracking and telemetry require our OSD.

rsowder, I'm really puzzled by this one. I remember that somebody on this thread was having the exact same problem, and I can't remember what the issue was. Probably the next step is to get a web ticket from you, then we can pull down some settings info for your system and maybe then the little light will go on.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:23 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
1,111 Posts
Quote:

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Ahhh, thats the secret to EagleTrees excellent customer Service.
See above, there are infact TWO "Bills". lol.
jetstreaming is offline Find More Posts by jetstreaming
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:17 AM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstreaming View Post
ROFLMAO...but that does explain how he manages to be everywhere doing everything from programing to helping us here.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:31 AM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
rsowder, I'm really puzzled by this one. I remember that somebody on this thread was having the exact same problem, and I can't remember what the issue was. Probably the next step is to get a web ticket from you, then we can pull down some settings info for your system and maybe then the little light will go on.
Ok, I'll go ahead and open a web ticket. Thanks for your quick replies

Randy
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
DarkHeli, yes the waypoints are limited to visual line of sight. We're looking into extending this feature. What range are you expecting? The RTH has an internal range limit, but not one you will ever hit. Yes, the diversity and video distribution (and low voltage alarm) do not require the OSD Pro. Only the antenna tracking and telemetry require our OSD.

Regards,
Bill, for Eagle Tree

Well for Heli, no more then 2-5km with LRS, but with a glider, I wanna really push it to the limit!
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:21 PM
Electric Addict
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2002
3,188 Posts
I also have a request to increase the limit... currently the OSD map is limited to 10,000 feet full scale and the waypoints I believe are limited to 5000 feet from the home position.

I would like to see the map scale able to extend to at least 50,000 feet and remove the restriction on the waypoint location. basically dont give a warming like it does now if the waypoints are off the map. Just dont display them if they dont appear on the map (or remove the warning after a few seconds)
downeym is offline Find More Posts by downeym
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:36 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstreaming View Post
EXCELENT customer service you say? I'd say!!! I ordered a V3 flight logger with all the bells n whistles for my FPV project at just before midnight the day before yesterday and it was shipped out in less than 12 hours!!! NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Last edited by Wizzard033; Jan 22, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:49 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Some say he eats Lipo's for breakfast, and when he sneezes it etches PC-boards....

All we know is, he's called "Bill, for Eagle Tree"
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jan 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2009
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Some say he eats Lipo's for breakfast, and when he sneezes it etches PC-boards....

All we know is, he's called "Bill, for Eagle Tree"
HAHA - Like that alot.

Meet the EagleTree Team. There's Bill... And Bill, and B.............

jetstreaming is offline Find More Posts by jetstreaming
Old Jan 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,023 Posts
Got my ET OSD Pro today! Thanks, Bill! It's my first OSD, so I'm really excited about flying with it. Especially since I often worry about getting lost, as where I live there aren't very many decent landmarks to guide me home. Just a whole lot of trees, which all look the same from the air! I'm going to finally build my Multiplex Mentor. Gonna pretty much copy Reckless Bills setup, as I feel like its a really clean, functioning setup.
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Jan 23, 2010, 04:10 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,740 Posts
I received my Eagle tree today like I said AWSOME customer service!!! I ordered and recieved it in less than 48hrs!!!

THANX Bill and they Eagletree team!!!

Now I need to get of of here and go play!!!
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Old Jan 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Hey Bill...just to keep it on the list of future updates, I'd LOVE to have the option to have the radar from the plane's point of view rather than the ground's point of view. When flying FPV, I tend to think from the plane's perspective and have to "translate" to think of it in terms of the ground station's perspective.
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor